• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Ryuko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two characters with similar ability set with only real difference being Ryuko's regeneration and Garou's martial arts.

Post-Sage Centipede Garou and Post-Junketsu Ryuko are used.

Both are in character.

Speed equalized.

Garou:
Ryuko:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
both can constantly evolve, also I think that an advantage that ryuko has is to be able to absorb fibers throughout the multiverse, to be more powerful, since the fibers extend even at the atomic level,

and the more on the verge of dying this ryuko the stronger he will become, similar to garou (except that he could already die and come back, but not totally)
actually I go for ryuko because it has more evolutionary power and can absorb fibers from the multiverse and in all of existence

I will give my two cents as well. First of all, the multiversal absorption argument is invalid since it is not canon to anime continuity. Secondly, Ryuko's regeneration isn't absolute and Garou can overcome it if he manages to evolve fast enough. Not just that, Garou can use Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist to essentially replicate a scissor and negate her regeneration. If it comes to the worst, Garou can use his massive skill advantage to get hold of Ryuko's scissors.

Speaking of skill advantage, just hitting Garou will be chore because of it and three steps analytical prediction. And it will get worse once Garou adapts to Ryuko's fighting style.

I also consider Garou's evolution to be superior. At this point, Garou can evolve by merely being angry. Other than that, his evolutions also give massive speeds boosts unlike Ryuko's as her boosts have been emphasized as AP jumps most of time. It also seems to be increasing his skills which is another superiority.

Voting for Garou

Yeah, those were some really dumb times, thankfully some people got smarter than that.

Voting for Garou

Dude, you can't vote on your own thread.

You can give argument for either character without being too biased for another.

Yeah, those were some really dumb times, thankfully some people got smarter than that.

Dude, you can't vote on your own thread.

You can give argument for either character without being too biased for another.
Yes, you can vote on your own thread. It's not against the rules.

That thread didn't concluded that giving votes is fine, but that is frowned upon, and Started says that giving arguments is fine but no votes, which is exactly what I'm saying.

DontTalk just lost all my respect on a single thread, ******* hell.

Anyway, I suppose that settles that concern while giving me new ones.

The current regeneration discussion for KLK would make for a big downgrade. And it's pretty clear cut, KLK regen always required that threads still connected all the parts. The whole purpose of the scissors was that cutting the threads from both sides at once nullified the thread's ability to regenerate.

"Secondly, Ryuko's regeneration isn't absolute and Garou can overcome it if he manages to evolve fast enough."

How exactly? Thats a very vague claim to make, what can he do to overcome it?

"If it comes to the worst, Garou can use his massive skill advantage to get hold of Ryuko's scissors."

Two problems with that:

1. Ryuko's lifting strength was meant to be bumped up to Class P in the previous CRT but said thread died before the revisions were done

2. Ryuko keeps her scissors physically connected to her person with a series of Life Fibers specifically to prevent herself from being disarmed.

"Speaking of skill advantage, just hitting Garou will be chore because of it and three steps analytical prediction. And it will get worse once Garou adapts to Ryuko's fighting style."

Ryuko can already hit people with that level of analytical prediction seeing as she can tag Uzu and Satsuki.

"I also consider Garou's evolution to be superior. At this point, Garou can evolve by merely being angry. Other than that, his evolutions also give massive speeds boosts unlike Ryuko's as her boosts have been emphasized as AP jumps most of time."

What? Ryuko can do that too, its even listed on her profile. And no, Ryuko's evolution gives her both speed and AP, something that is also currently on her profile, and its significant enough to instantly evolve from being blitzd by an opponent to blitzing them in the same fight seconds later.

How exactly? Thats a very vague claim to make, what can he do to overcome it
I am talking about overcoming it through sheer AP. If he manages to reach his 5-C key fast enough, he just obliterates Ryuko.
Ryuko's lifting strength was meant to be bumped up to Class P in the previous CRT but said thread died before the revisions were done
I mean, I don't think you can use this as an argument if it is not in her profile. And it is not only about lifting strength difference. As I mentioned, skill plays a big role. Besides that, Garou eventually reaches class Z.
2. Ryuko keeps her scissors physically connected to her person with a series of Life Fibers specifically to prevent herself from being disarmed.
That's a decent argument but Garou can still get it by dealing enough damage in time. It doesn't help that he has durability negation and AP advantage.
What? Ryuko can do that too, its even listed on her profile.
Huh? Since when? I am not talking about Rage Power if you are mistaking it. Btw Garou does three of these evolutions in row and I am pretty sure Ryuko never performed that in a single fight.
And no, Ryuko's evolution gives her both speed and AP
You might have misunderstood me. I don't claim otherwise, I just wanted to tell that her boosts were more about AP.
instantly evolve from being blitzd by an opponent to blitzing them in the same fight seconds later.
Are you talking about her fight against Nui? That was through fully synchronizing with Senketsu. That kind of evolution is a one-time thing and she can't do it continuously. She doesn't even have Senketsu in this key.

Besides that, Garou went from MHS to Relativistic+. He also went from being equal to blitzing PS in 0.0013 seconds. That's blatantly faster evolution.
Ryuko can already hit people with that level of analytical prediction seeing as she can tag Uzu and Satsuki.
My mind is foggy since I watched Kill la Kill a long time ago but didn't she get stomped during their second fight? She can defeat him after getting much stronger but it can easily be attributed to sheer AP and speed difference. Ryuko herself was never depicted as someone who is that skilled. And I honestly don't think Uzu's prediction is on Garou's level, to begin with. Satsuki herself doesn't have anything tangible either besides far upscaling from Uzu.

Putting these arguments entirely aside, even with all you said they are extremely close and don't have a permanent way of putting each other down. I can see this being inconclusive

Last edited:
I started watching Kill La Kill just because I wanted to give my input on this thread, so I gotta thank the OP for that, cuz it was a pretty great show. Anyway, I think I’ll vote for Garou. Based on everything I saw from Ryuko, she never really showed the same level of fighting skill or instincts that Garou has. Though she can resist Garou’s analytical prediction and arguably has greater range than him, I still think Garou could eventually overcome her. Ryuko supposedly can significantly increase in strength on the verge of death, but beyond the final battle against her mother, I don’t recall when it ever gave her such a tremendous boost, so I don’t know if it would be enough to overpower Garou.

Cisco probably has the best type of dedication I've ever seen on this wiki. He bumps threads daily with 0 response, and even went as far as to watch a whole show just to give input on a vs match. Major respects to u
Well, it wasn’t the ENTIRE reason I watched Kill la Kill. I’d always been somewhat interested in it, but this thread just gave me the extra incentive to watch it. And yea, right now VS battle threads are my thing, which is why I’m so devoted to it.

But I appreciate the kind words, Nierre, since other users like @Acer__ and @Kingofwolves999 have been giving me shit for making a lot of threads and bumping them. Glad to know some people appreciate me on this wiki :)

Last edited:
In the past, there was these very long and (sometimes) heated Garou vs Satsuki threads that me and Weekly debated on.

This is reminding me of those. Nothing against weekly, just gave me a feeling from the past.

I still have memories of one of them cause it was a really funny discussion.
lol good times, good times

I should remake that once the KLK revision is done, Garou needs his loss reinstated ovo

Any versus matchup that has to do with the characters "adapting" to each other will likely have the following:

1. Debates over why this character skill stomps the other character
2. Why this character adapts to higher levels of AP and Speed at a far faster rate than the other
3. Trolls who'll derail the thread at any chance they get (me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back