• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Goku: Martial Arts Copying Monsters

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
I'm sure someone's done this already by now but this is Buu Saga Goku with his Dead Body vs Awakened Garou before he started fighting Saitama, Speed is Equalized and both start at High 4-C but can go higher if they need to. The fight takes place in Otherworld. Please try to not get toxic with this thread.

Goku :

Garou :

Incon:

By dead body if you meant Angel Goku (Halo) He is still in actual body.. just that he is there for a limited time before going back to the afterlife. Now that I think about it... People with Halo still bleed and takes damage like they would if they were alive.

Continuing on the topic of Garou's radiation being a factor, Goku should have some resistance to cosmic radiation, as saiyans (or at least Goku) are shown to be able to survive in the outer space (Goku vs Beerus)

Does Garou's passive radiation surpass Goku's resistance?
Yes by a ton putting it very lightly. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Recon1511/Garou's_Radiation_Values

Best restrict it. Even if Goku was resistant to unshielded space radiation for a year wouldn't compare to what radiation Garou emits in seconds. Blutz wave resistance would be a potential argument if we were given more information about it from DB outside of it being radiation, green spectrum light, and reflected sunlight.

I think it would mostly come to radiation, not only the passive one but also his Nuclear Fission Fists which have a radiation level higher than his passive one. He also most likely could be blinded by the Nuclear Fists or Gamma Ray Burst. There is the Ki Barrier thing, which I don't know if it would work and I can't remember Goku even using it once for something similar pre Super. Garou also has some Durability Negation which could be a threat. He can also learn how Goku fights or just straight up copy it, and then try to counter it like he did to Bomb's technique while asleep by reversing it.

Goku himself can copy his technique without much difficulty.. if it's martial arts. Garou probably can copy Kaioken and master it overtime, but not the super saiyan forms. I guess it's really upto how long will the fight last. If Goku has no way to combat radiation and.. How strong Garou will get over time.
Not sure Durability Negation will do much when Goku does not drop his guard during 1 v 1.

Goku himself can copy his technique without much difficulty.. if it's martial arts. Garou probably can copy Kaioken and master it overtime, but not the super saiyan forms. I guess it's really upto how long will the fight last. If Goku has no way to combat radiation and.. How strong Garou will get over time.
Not sure Durability Negation will do much when Goku does not drop his guard during 1 v 1.
If Goku copies his fighting style, it would only give him a disadvantage. Garou said it is easier to fight with someone that uses his style, as we've seen with Orochi. While Garou may not be able to copy the transformations themselves, he could copy Goku's stronger stats after he transforms, achieving the same thing. Not sure i got what you meant with the Durability Negation tho

This is pretty much a stomp.

Garou can copy statistics and grows at an actual exponential rate which is going to overtake Goku's more linear growth quite easily. He also grows in speed much faster than Goku does.

Garou has faster and better copying martial arts, and unlike Goku, he actually surpasses the original user.

Radiation is still going to be affective against Goku since it affects cells and molecules. If he's still a biological being that is alive in some capacity.

Garou is vastly more skilled as well in general.

Goku's only shot of winning here is if he turns SSJ transformations, then blitzes and one-shots Garou instantly without giving him the chance to copy anything.

I don't even want to get to the radiation argument. It's possible Ki barrier can block radiation but well whatever.

Goku's only shot of winning here is if he turns SSJ transformations, then blitzes and one-shots Garou instantly without giving him the chance to copy anything.

I don't even want to get to the radiation argument. It's possible Ki barrier can block radiation but well whatever.
Ki barrier doesn't block light does it?

Yup. And even with that Goku's wincon chance is low with how fast Garou can copy his stats and speed practically instantly. Goku being only hypersonic+ in flight speed (wild) is also a rather huge negative with Garou being FTL in movement and combat here. Although Goku is able to solidly stay in the fight wild in SSJ 1 and 2, he would still be on a stamina "time" limit compared to Garou who would just get stronger, faster, and fight way harder as the fight progresses. Goku would be stupid to even attempt to fight Garou with SSJ3 with how much of a drain it is so really his only option is to go SSJ2.

This is non canon but broly flew trough space with a ki barrier.
That doesn't even answer my question and if it's non canon it's irrelevant.

If the ki barrier doesn't block out light then radiation still bypasses it.

Also, as far as I'm aware a resistance to cosmic radiation is no longer given for space travel.

That doesn't even answer my question and if it's non canon it's irrelevant.

If the ki barrier doesn't block out light then radiation still bypasses it.

Also, as far as I'm aware a resistance to cosmic radiation is no longer given for space travel.
I thought it just removed the extreme cold, but on the other hand in the DB verse it still uses that outer space is very cold with Whis' statement in DBS: Broly. Also, even though it's non canon, Broly is never seen using a ki barrier to travel through space, even Paragus does it when he calms Broly down.

Back