• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Berserker Lancelot

He's already part monster at this point, so it should work, at least based on what I understand of how monsters would equalize. They should be comparable enough to a phantasmal species for it to work, but I'd like more opinions on this

I guess I'll assume they will work

Garou and Lancelot clash, Garou's Analytical Prediction+Low Mid Regenerationn to survive anything short of Decap will keep Lancelot on the run, and then Reactive Evolution will immediately Maul Lancelot through having the AP and Dura Advantage, and allowing him to close the gap in skill instantly (Assuming Lancelot is more skilled which I doubt)

Lancelots best bet is Arondight, which won't be useful due to Garou's RE.

Voting Garou if mystery works

I'm pretty sure Lancelot has the AP advantage, unless I counted wrong, which is possible. Also, what makes you question if Lancelot has the skill advantage. They are both incredibly skilled, but Lancelot acquired his Eternal Arms Mastery skill due to eclipsing everyone else in his era in skill, which is an insane thing considering who else is around in Fate.

Would it be more fair if I set this in a military base so Lancelot has access to better weapons? I think this should help a bit

He does, but Garou gains the AP through RE

Garou mastered every martial art and can master and better fighting styles with glance, one look and the skill gets Yeeted

Go ahead I guess? Not much in a military base to help him

Oh, that's what you meant. Keep in mind, even if Lancelot himself is 7-A, I'm pretty sure his sword is still 6-C.

Imperial Privilege users, who are capable of literally just gaining high level mastery of any given martial art they desire, were alive in that Era, which he surpasses in skill multiple times over.

Eh, jets and guns should help him with a range advantage at least

Garou can dodge a strike like that fine and if Lancelot does land a hit but it doesn't kill Garou can instantly adapt to that and become equal to his 6C blade before one shotting him with any hit.

Fine, but Garou's reactive Evolution and analytical prediction will close the gap.

Jets are useless, they have to take off first

Based on what? He can keep up with Gil's projectiles in speed, which are themselves comparable to Enkidu's chains

Dodging projectiles makes you slightly slower then the, not equal to them

If he is equal to that speed, make a CRT because that's MHS+ and he's listed as MHS

I'm going to vote Garou.

Garou is going to be able to analyze Lancelot's fighting style within seconds with Info Analysis, just like how he was able to understand TTM's fighting style, and Golden Ball's fighting style, despite not being able to see the projectiles themselves, but analyzed the way he fired them. Analytical Prediction+Instinctive Reaction will definitely prevent anything fatal from hitting Garou, and even if the chance of something fatal does approach him, WSRSF comes into play.

WSRSF can reflect things far stronger and bigger than Garou, like in his fight with Orochi. His reflection also doubles the damage, while the attacks Lancelot dish out are repelled, nullified, and reflected. WSRSF users also go for vitals and joints, so any one strike could be crippling or fatal.

Lastly, his RE. It took several panels for Garou to go from 7-A to High 6-A, so that says enough. But in the case where his RE is prevented to go above Tier 7, Immortality Type 2 and a high pain tolerance can keep him going.

Voting Garou 8/10.

Schnee One said:
Garou can dodge a strike like that fine and if Lancelot does land a hit but it doesn't kill Garou can instantly adapt to that and become equal to his 6C blade before one shotting him with any hit.
Fine, but Garou's reactive Evolution and analytical prediction will close the gap.

Jets are useless, they have to take off first
Does he have the feats of jumping tiers that much?

Almost every servant worth their salt has some form of precog, or a way to respond to it, so that will be no issue for Lancelot to deal with. Lancelot surpasses Red Hair in skill, as they existed in the same era, who is stated to be superior to Chiron. Reactive Evolution < The Ability to just aquire new abilities on the fly as needed or desired. In addition, Red Hare has reactive evolution as well via raw skill, and yet Lancelot still surpasses him

Considering Lancelot's augmentation of his engines, and his ability to basically turn the plane on a dime mid air, getting it off the ground shouldn't be that hard, especially when he can gain cover fire

Schnee One said:
Dodging projectiles makes you slightly slower then the, not equal to them

If he is equal to that speed, make a CRT because that's MHS+ and he's listed as MHS
Fair enough, although the gap is not that sengificant.

Is this true? That's odd, because it seems like both were deemed vaid in the comments as I skimmed it

If the fight takes place in a Military Base, are there underground sections Garou can take cover under against a Jet?

Anyway yeah it's a big issue if Lancelot takes to the skies considering it won't be easy hitting him with projectiles. At the same time taking to the skies is the hard part since it's gonna be a main objective of Garou to prevent that the moment he realized Lancelot's gonna take to the sky.

Best dad doesn't really feel like he can pull out powers on the go, lest it might be a more central ability in Camelot or in FZero but then again the latter might be forced weakness due to having Kariya as a Master. Garou's reactive evolution seems to be much faster and more effective so it's likely Garou edges out on that.

I don't think it's just about skill vs skill honestly on Garou vs Lancelot's hand to hand. Garou's specialty is deflecting and whittling out weak points of a target. The moment he does, it gets bad for the enemy. Of course the enemy is a Servant so that's kinda lowered but Garou can still do his precog thing.

The precog thing I can partly believe though.

But what really edges out here is stamina and capability of growth. Garou can just really get better faster compared to Sir Lances a lot of Woman. It's a high difficulty thing for both but I think Garou wins.

If Double Skadi is here Zerkerlot would win easily. Jesus christ the 3T farming comps

Ciruno Fortes said:
If the fight takes place in a Military Base, are there underground sections Garou can take cover under against a Jet?
Anyway yeah it's a big issue if Lancelot takes to the skies considering it won't be easy hitting him with projectiles. At the same time taking to the skies is the hard part since it's gonna be a main objective of Garou to prevent that the moment he realized Lancelot's gonna take to the sky.

Best dad doesn't really feel like he can pull out powers on the go, lest it might be a more central ability in Camelot or in FZero but then again the latter might be forced weakness due to having Kariya as a Master. Garou's reactive evolution seems to be much faster and more effective so it's likely Garou edges out on that.

I don't think it's just about skill vs skill honestly on Garou vs Lancelot's hand to hand. Garou's specialty is deflecting and whittling out weak points of a target. The moment he does, it gets bad for the enemy. Of course the enemy is a Servant so that's kinda lowered but Garou can still do his precog thing.

The precog thing I can partly believe though.

But what really edges out here is stamina and capability of growth. Garou can just really get better faster compared to Sir Lances a lot of Woman. It's a high difficulty thing for both but I think Garou wins.

If Double Skadi is here Zerkerlot would win easily. Jesus christ the 3T farming comps </div>
Maybe? but Lancelot is powerful enough that a bunker probably won't stop his mountain level attacks

What makes you think none of them will land?

He can't, but he is superior to those who can. My point is that Lancelot is still more skilled then people who can just gain new martial arts and abilities on the fly

Basically every servant worth their salt has some form of precog or a way to deal with it, so the analytic procog will be no issue.

ok great

Lancelot will almost certainly have better stamina assuming he has a good mana source. Also, does Garou usually go for Head/Heart strikes? because anything short of that probably won't put Lancelot down

Cause the focus of deflecting attacks is supposed to be that. The only time one can say Garou failed to deflect an attack is if it's too strong (Something Lancelot can capitalize on like Darkshine but not for long), too fast to deflect, or both.

Out of curiosity who would those people be? To those who gain new martial arts and abilities on the fly.

Yeah but it's the adaptation that's an issue. And I'm not sure all of them have precog capabilities or precog counters

Garou goes for weaknesses and such. Considering he's fighting a guy in armor he'd likely go for the joints to weaken him. And if that isn't working, well neck and such. An extended fight with him is very dangerous honestly

Has he ever deflected a multitude of projectiles or explosions?

Any Imperial Privilege Users, who can literally gain any skill in Fate as long as it isn't unique, although individual users may have specific limitations but none that disqualify them from gaining martial art combat abilities. Chiron has a similar ability to that as well with his skill Divine Gift of Wisdom, although his is slightly different from Imperial Privilege. Red Hair is a master of every martial art there is, and you can drop him into any situation or combat domain, and he would have a martial art to respond to it. Air Combat? He has some martial arts for that. Underwater Combat? He has some martial arts for that. A totally new and unknown enviroment? He has some martial arts for that. Keep in mind, Lancelot is superior to all of this skill wise.

Yeah, and Lancelot scales above people with better forms of reactive evolution and abilities that are just flat out better abilities that reactive evolution. Go look at the list of servants with Eye of The Mind (True), Eye of The Mind (False), Clairvoyance, Protection from Arrows, etc. and ask yourself if these servants are some incredibly high tier servant within the Fate series. Those that are, are there for reasons other than their precog. Its an incredibly common ability within Fate, and many main character servants have them, so basically any servant that can contend with the main cast has the ability to deal with it. Archer EMIYA and Saber are both users, so any person who can engage in combat with them (See, basically every single servant in the whole franchise) is able to deal with precog

Servant regen should heal the joints. If Lancelot realizes his opponent is getting stronger with every strike, then he isn't gonna **** around. He'll go for the head and try to finish it asap. If he does try to go for a more drawn out battle, then that's where the Jet and artillery comes in

He was half-dead, poisoned, already been in a multitude of fights with people easily comparable and can one-shot him while sandbagging. So no, he didn't.

Wait, the first one came from his fight with that group of heroes outside the shack? I'm pretty sure he did have the speed advantage against them, since iirc he was explicitly above their pay grade.

Did his fight against Rover come in the same stretch of fights?

He might've been above their paygrade if he were at full strength, but there he was getting ROFLstomped, adapted through smarts (and maybe minor strength?), and deflected each bullet without WSRSF.

Rover was pretty much just as bad, except he had literally fought Rover after he died.

Yeah, they were kicking his shit in due to being injured, but he was still above their paygrade. He was weakened by an unquantifiable amount, and he still blitzed several of them, while also showing the ability to move his hands faster than their projectiles. The only reason they did so well was because they worked together perfectly. If they were missing even one, then there would have been a gaping hole that he could have expoited. The only thing he could not dodge on his own in that fight was the death shower, but that was done via direct fire so it is obviously easier to predict, where as Lancelot has the advantage of being able to control his projectiles with Knight of Owner, and he does not have a segnificant skill advantage here, if he does at all

But do we know the speed and power differences between them? His type 2 immortality makes this hard to quantify.

I would also like to remind you that Lancelot has luck on his side by default here, and if things get worse for him then it only goes up due to his Protection of the Fairies.

@Iap

Regarding changing tiers so quickly, he became High 6C in two panels and High 6A in Seven Panels, so yeah, he can just adapt to all of Lance's stuff.

What are the arguments for Lancelot?

If his reactive evolution is that extreme then he'll be strong enough to stomp Lancelot in the first few seconds. I guess Garou takes this (not a stomp, since Berserker could decapitate him before he adapts), but I'll have to try harder to find a match

Now I'm actually interested. I'm gonna try to find another servant or DAA who is a good match for Garou. I think Merem solomon could work potentially

Back