• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GarnetByKmes
Charlotte Katakuri Manga Infobox
This battle may want to wait out for a little while, but I want to start it.

A battle between two people with future vision (in different forms)

Battle doesn't matter (though Br├╗lée is tied up and forced to have a Mirror World in Beach City)

Speed is equalized (though that shouldn't be a problem). No one's holding back.

Charlotte Katakuri: 7 (LuckyCharmingStar, CinCameeron20, KinkestSinins, Sword guy Z, Goodyfresh, Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki, AkuAkuAkuma)

Garnet: 3 (BattleReviews, WeeklyBattles, Gojira1234)

Inconclusive: 1 (Blanked)

Unless I totally missed something, Katakuri has much better shape-shifting than Garnet. I don't think Garnet has ever shown any combative use of her future-sight, and uses it very strictly. Correct me if I'm wrong on both of these fronts.

It also does not help Garnet that Katakuri's Paramecia fruit allows him to let attacks phase through him, and he can also enclose his Mochi around Garnet, trapping her, and allowing Katakuri free blows. Katakuri should also be stronger with or without haki via scaling to Luffy, who he's currently curb-stomping. Garnet may have some form of resistance to blunt force trauma, but busoshoku haki is a physical barrier placed over the users body, so in terms of who would take the most damage in a brawl, Katakuri can attack faster since he can make dozens of arms and legs, and use haki to increase his power and defenses by some degree.

If Garnet lands hits on Katakuri, he's going to turn to mochi and simply trap her in place and proceed with pummeling her until she poofs.

Even if they were both equal in AP and Dura, this isn't even fair due to Katakuri being immune to standard physical attacks. Even if Garnet utilizes electricity, Katakuri can tank the hits, while Garnet's going to be injured by singular punches and kicks.

Katakuri stomps.

Garnet can shapeshift to increase the size of her limbs so theyre at the very least hundreds of meters long, and lol she uses her Future Vision in combat all the time. The only thing he can do with his shapeshifting that Garnet cant is grow extra limbs.

If he tries to trap her arm she can just detach it and regenerate a new one (Thats literally how she makes her projectile fists) or just make her gauntlet grow to massive size while it's stuck in his body. And no one is attacking faster here, speed is equalized, and if it werent Garnet would be attacking faster as she's Relativistic+.

Plus, Garnet has the superior precog here, she'll see all the ways he can beat her and do everything in her power to avoid those outcomes.

@Weekly by "faster" i meant that having 24 arms would allow him to fire off more attacks in the same time-frame. I see the mistakes that I made in regards to my other... "points".

I'm abstaining now. I don't know if Garnet can actually win, and Katakuri is still in the "toying" phase of his fight with Luffy.

Katakuri Advantages:

Flexibility (His ability is just more versatile compared to gems physical forms via combat)

Working Regenerationn (Once garnet poofs, and since he has precog, he would know to shatter the gem and game over)

AP

Garnet Advantages:

Better Precog (She can see a few days into the future at least and rarely gets hit in combat.)

Experience (3000 years > 30 or so years)

I like both alot, but it kinda just comes down to which side you wanna believe

Does garnet have the means to put down katakuri? No due to regen and likely higher durability

Does katakuri have the means to put down garnet? Hell no due to precog.

This is hyperbole, but I think I just found the most inconclusive on here.

Katakuri's ability and durability allows him to tank hits from things he shouldnt be able too. His haki is superior to base and gears 2/3 luffy.

But Garnet precog is so good, she describes seeing multiple futures at once on the regular.

They literally cant hurt eachother.

Inconclusive.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kink Minor nitpick but for Garnet its actually 6000+ years of experience
Damn you. stoned albert.

great thunking, and you say SU your favorite cartoon.

point stands.

Garnet precog is better and she is definitely better with combat.

But Katakuri has better combat Regenerationn (he regenerated from his body being blown up head to chest and reformed it in a few seconds) and he has higher ap.

So since one can tank the damage, but the other can dodge it.

so it can go on theoritically forever.

@KinkiestSins This. As things stand it is inconclusive. Let's wait for more Katakuri feats. I'm leaning towards him because he is At Least High 6C and he's been casual so far.

Sword guy Z said:
@KinkiestSins This. As things stand it is inconclusive. Let's wait for more Katakuri feats. I'm leaning towards him because he is At Least High 6C and he's been casual so far.
If katakuri gets some AOE awakening like doflamingo, then I will vote for him.

It's pretty much the same as Doflamingo's except Mochi, and it's clear AoE. With that, I think i'm ready to tip back over to Katakuri as being the victor in this fight via AoE and superior AP. Garnet can't get close without risking being entrapped by his Mochi, meaning that she either flees, or is bound before being poof'd.

I am changing my vote. Katakuri has an AOE awakening that will likely just entrap Garnet. Also, we dont really see it too much, but Mochi is fairly sticky and it covers a large area. Even if Garnet could keep up with Katakuri in raw power, which is indeed possible, There is only so much precog can do to AOE and getting rid of the Mochi will be near impossible.

I like Garnet way more, but Katakuri takes this mid high diff. That said.. I also might change my vote assuming SU changes something for garnet featwise.

Katakuri via AOE Awakening.

I also vote Katakuri. As others have stated, he has more versatile attacks and can do area-of-effect to entrap an opponent, and has higher durability than Garnet. He seems likely to also have higher AP due to him probably being at the very high end of Tier High 6-C by power-scaling in the OP Verse, and barring any new feats from Garnet I don't think she can match that.

Katakuri takes this, with some difficulty due to Garnet's superior precog and vastly greater experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back