• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ganondorf Pocket Reality Manipulation Removal

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So Ganondorf currently has this ability for the following reason:

Pocket Reality Manipulation (Created small pocket dimensions within his tower that sends Link into time periods where he fights old bosses he's already defeated while only having the equipment he had during the original fights[44])

Issue being that this doesn't justify why the rooms Link enters to fight old bosses are actually pocket dimensions instead of, y'know, rooms. I've checked several guides and the only reference to what's happening here is just "Yeah you gotta fight Ganon's mooks again". Ganon's already established in several games to be able to not only just create monsters out of thin air but also being able to resurrect them, so him just recreating the bosses or reviving them is just way more likely than making four different alternate dimensions within his tower so we could just throw this justification into his resurrection ability.

Now he should still get some new ability from this, like it says Link only has the equipment he had during the inital boss fight whenever he enters the room (The link currently used in the profile shows Link's items disappearing from the top right corner when he enters, but I'm just gonna slap the prima guide here as well since it also explains what's happening to his items), so Ganondorf's magic is doing something to limit what items Link is able to use in these fights but I have no idea what, maybe a very odd version of power null?

My lazy gut tells me to slap it under Reality Warping and call it a day, maybe even Time Manipulation / Time Travel idk, because each room hosts the original battlefield and there's even Valoo in there.

Yeah I was thinking maybe some kinda time manipulation, the black and white effect of the rooms and bosses is the same for Hyrule when it's stuck in a time stop (Granted the world doesn't change colour when Ganondorf makes eternal night either so ehhh maybe not the best point I could use), he's either recreated the areas with some degree of reality warping or some form of time magic, both things he's done before but it's really hard to tell what exactly it'd be.

Back