• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gamora: Downgrade, Additions and Key Proposal

Downgrade

Ok, after looking over Gamora's profile...I think she needs to go down 5-A. Her justifications for 4-B are flimsy, IMHO.

First up: hurting Nova (Sam Alexander). Ok, Sam is a 5-A character, so hurting him will not justify 4-B, though I do take into account, she's probably holding back as she's trying to teach him a lesson, not kill him.

Next: Making Classical Drax throw up the Power Gem. The thing is with this, this is just one panel and it's not a serious fight. I'm really hesitant to count such a thing as an accolade. I mean, you can take one panel out of a comic in a character's career and turn it into a justification and that's what this feels like.

Last: One-Shot Sensational She-Hulk. Just like, Nova, She-Hulk is 5-A.

Based on this, we've got three instances but they're all brief and short. So let me give you an example that is not so brief. During the Annihilation event, Gamora came into conflict with Ronan the Accuser. The two fought over an entire issue of a comic that ended in a draw. You can check it out here.

Now, I don't know about you all, but I consider a lengthy fight to be much better proof of a character's scaling and prowess, especially when it comes to comics, rather than a single scene. Comic writers are notorious for doing anything they want, even if it really doesn't make sense. Superman being tagged by ordinary bullets despite being capable of FTL is a notable example. That said, I understand that such a thing could be used against me in this instance. Could it be that I'm downplaying Gamora with these examples?

Simple answer: No.

Long answer: Gamora's showings point to a 5-A character. Another example is her fighting base Captain Marvel, another 5-A character. Gamora is fully capable of hurting her. Moreover, this fits in line with our current scalings. We credit CM as being capable of one-shotting opponents who can withstand Sensational She-Hulk's attacks. Well, Gamora can one-shot She-Hulk, herself.

So we have one instance of 4-B for Gamora (Classic Drax) vs. four instances of 5-A (Ronan, Nova, She-Hulk, & Captain Marvel), three of which were actual fights of varying length. I think I've made a solid case here.

Update

Gamora can instantly knock a person out with her Nerve Strikes. In addition, she can apparently induce death with them as. As such, it seems to me that Gamora should have Sleep Manipulation and possible Death Manipulation. I say possible because we never get to see her do it but Thanos (the person who trained Gamora) claims that it could kill anyone that's not him.

Next up, Gamora should have Stealth Mastery. We claim that she's knowledgable in stealth and is a trained assassin. She can vanish at a moment's notice and sneak her way through a crowd, killing as she nears her main target.

Black Vortex Key

A while back, Gamora received an upgrade from the Black Vortex. The Black Vortex is an artifact that can unleash a subject's cosmic potential, granting them more power and turning them into a cosmic entity. Gamora submitted herself to Black Vortex and was empowered by it. She claimed that it gave her enough power to kill Thanos, so she's at least stronger than she was before. In addition she's been granted a number of new powers:

- She can fly.

- Create weapons out of energy.

- Cloak can store weapons. See here and here.

- Cloak allows for short-range teleportation.

- Can survive in the vacuum of space.

Based on that, Gamora's Black Vortex key should have Empowered, Flight, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Weapon Creation, Teleportation, and Dimensional Storage.

Her tier would be "At least 5-A (Much more powerful than before, believes she can kill Thanos)" or something along those lines.

Tl;dr

1. Gamora gets downgraded to 5-A and scaled to Ronan the Accuser with the other examples backing that justifiaction.

2. She gains Sleep Manip, Death Manip and Stealth Mastery.

3. She gets a Black Vortext Key with an 'At least 5-A' rating along with Empowered, Flight, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Weapon Creation, Teleportation, and Dimensional Storage.

4. Possibly give Thanos Resistance to Pressure Points?

Last edited:
Eh I checked her page, so the scan is for Alexandar but the page links to Richard for some reason
For the record I think the Alexandar feat is further gimped by the fact the dude got his powers yesterday so no way he mastered them and is likely not as full strength
Heck when Richard was at 17% power he made a mind controlled Gamora back of with him threatening to take her head clean with a blast, so she's clearly not comparable in raw stats to a 4-B like Richard
Now granted he's not low end 4-B Marvel dude since he upscales from Quasar but this's not helping her 4-B rating at all
Likewise the rest of the CRT seems fine

I am also fine with this. It seems uncontroversial to apply.

Seems pretty straight-forward. The 4-B rating especially seems very weird, so I definitely think the 5-A downgrade is deserved. Was she just left untouched when the scaling from Herald Tiers changed?

Thank you for the evaluations. This can probably be applied then.

Is somebody experienced willing to apply these changes?

Back