• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gameplay Mechanics in Television series

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So I started watching this show called "Chaotic". Essentially, it's sort of like Yu-Gi-Oh in the sense that it's "card game" show, only the characters turn into the card monsters to do battle in real-time arenas, and can use other cards as power ups.

Anyway, each monster has their own stats and such that indicates their power and abilities in the arenas. For example, the main characters favorite monster "Maxxor" resisted the effects of a Fear Inducing attack due to his higher "Courage" stat, as seen here.

My question is, would I consider these to be gameplay mechanics for the series, or actual feats?

Doesn't it affect the monster directly? Like how it would affect anyone in a non-video game verse? If so, it seems more an actual feat.

Well, they do battle in what is essentially a VR video game simulation. Or at least, that's what it appears to be at this point. I should've addressed that in the OP, my bad.

But since the stats are taken from their "real" counterparts, I guess it functions as actual feats.

Back