• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galaxy level Star Wars characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple Star Wars characters are theoretically capable of destroying the entire Galaxy. Even though this could only be done under specific circumstances, it should still be worth a mention on their respective profiles.

First of all, Lord Vitiate was confirmed to have found a way to repeat the Ritual of Nathema on a galactic scale. This would mean he is capable of sub-atomically ripping apart every living thing in the Star Wars Galaxy and strip it of the Force, just as he did on Nathema and Ziost. The ritual in question required a great number of living sacrifices to be performed, hence why Vitiate orchestrated multiple wars during his reign as the Sith Emperor. Granted, this is not something he can use on a whim in battle, but it should still deserve a mention on his profile as it's no different from what he did on Nathema and Ziost.

Darth Traya, arguably among the wisest of all Star Wars characters, claimed that her apprentice Darth Nihilus could potentially drain the entire Galaxy of life; "when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the Galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well". She also implied that Darth Nihilus' techniques were irresistible; "there are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense", which should be mentioned on his profile as a possible hax. While of course she might have exaggerated his power, we must keep in mind that she was a far more skilled, experienced and powerful Force user, but could still not prevent him from draining her of the Force. Furthermore, it has been said that Traya had discovered a ritual which allowed her to actually destroy the Force, a universal concept that even beings such as Abeloth and the Bedlam Spirits are subject to, by sacrificing herself. I don't know if suicide techniques are counted here, though it should still speak for her immense power.

I also believe Abeloth was mentioned as capable of wiping out all life in the Galaxy, but I don't have access to the source material at the moment.

Darth Sidious has been said to know every Force technique in history (except how to properly manipulate Midi-chlorians) and is frequently cited as the most powerful Sith in history, meaning he must also be capable of replicating similar feats of destruction.

From this, many Star Wars characters can be powerscaled:

Lord Vitiate is confirmed Galaxy level with his ritual

Darth Nihilus is likely Galaxy level with Force Drain via claims

Darth Traya is likely Galaxy level via powerscaling from Nihilus, possibly Universe level+ by sacrificing herself (via powerscaling from the Bedlam Spirits)

Reva is Galaxy level via powerscaling from Vitiate (comparable to Vitiate and could potentially have defeated him. Also more powerful than Traya or Nihilus)

Meetra Surik is Galaxy level via powerscaling from Nihilus, Traya and Revan (more powerful than the two former, and Traya - one of Revan's teachers - claimed that she was her most powerful student ever, meaning she is superior to Revan), possibly Universe level+ via claims (it was implied that Meetra Surik, much like Traya, could potentially have destroyed the Force as a concept).

Darth Sidious is Galaxy level via powerscaling from all of the above (the most powerful Sith in history)

Luke Skywalker is Galaxy level via powerscaling from Darth Sidious (most powerful Force user in history and managed to - albeit barely - defeat Abeloth)

Abeloth is Galaxy level via powerscaling (more powerful than Luke Skywalker and Darth Sidious, and any other mortal in the Galaxy)

The So is Galaxy level via powerscaling (comparable to Abeloth and more powerful than any mortal in the Galaxy, including Luke and Sidious)

Even if we discard the Galaxy level powerscaling, Abeloth and the Son must still be well above Solar System level via powerscaling from Naga Sadow (both are far more powerful than any mortal in the Galaxy). And via powerscaling, so is Luke Skywalker.

Before you respond, note that "it's too powerful" is not an acceptable argument. Huge power disparities within a franchise is not unheard of; just look at the Bedlam Spirits (who are actually not considered to be among the most powerful beings in the Galaxy). Unless someone can disprove all of the above with logical arguments, there is no valid reason for not updating the listed profiles.

Sadly, no.

Vitiate's galactic ritual was never actually concluded, so we can't measure his hypothetical power from after it.

The Nihilus statement also seems like heavy hyperbole/exaggeration.

Life-wiping a galaxy is not galaxy level.

The Nihilus stuff is pure hyperbole.

Traya was a misguided soul who saw the Force itself as a great evil and sought to destroy it by creating a large wound in the Force. Just because she wanted to destroy the Force does not mean she was actually going to destroy the Force. Safe to say that her goal was simply not feasable.

Abeloth is indeed a threat to life in the galaxy. But that does not mean she could life-wipe the galaxy in one go. A-class demons in Yu Yu Hakusho and Vasto Lordes in Bleach are considered a threat to all human life on Earth. But that does not mean they can life-wipe the planet in one go. Same logic applies to Abeloth and the Ones of Mortis.

Your arguments for galaxy level Star Wars characters are all flimsy and based mostly on hyperbole and one misguided old woman's grandiose unattainable goal and yet you ask others for logical arguments to refute yours? When you make some big claims like these, the burden of proof is entirely on you to back them up and not on others to debunk them.

The Everlasting said:
Sadly, no.
Vitiate's galactic ritual was never actually concluded, so we can't measure his hypothetical power from after it.

The Nihilus statement also seems like heavy hyperbole/exaggeration.
Indeed, his ritual was never concluded. Nor has Azathoth ever awakened, and Shunsui Kyōraku never outran Giselle Gewelle. Claims and powerscaling are frequently accepted on this wiki, instead of looking only at the character's feats, leading to vastly inaccurate ratings. How can you logically prove that a character is any more powerful than they actually show? Or any weaker than they are claimed to be?

And to Soldier Blue, I agree that these characters should logically not be Galaxy level. I disapprove of powerscaling as a concept, so I cannot sincerely say that Luke or Abeloth are anywhere near that kind of power. However, I still believe that Vitiate deserves a mention of this technique in his profile, as possibly or potentially Galaxy level. Claims are often cited as sources for a character's "possible" rating on this wiki, so I don't see why this would be any different.

I was, however, sincere with the idea that the Son and Abeloth should be rated as superior to Naga Sadow (according to the powerscaling principles I despise), which also means Luke should be rated as comparable to Abeloth. So Solar System level.

I honestly think it would be better to downgrade Naga Sadow to 4-C than upgrade Abeloth to 4-B but that is a topic for another thread. I'm busy editing a handful of other Star Wars profiles right now and don't have time for that.

Life wiping a galaxy is by no means Galaxy level as stated multiple times above.

Azathoth is by far above anything else on the Cthuhu Mythor and since being above dimensions can't be shown and the statements don't contradict the showings and the plot then for tier 1 and up we accept them.

Shunsui is fast enough to dodge attacks from characters far higher on the bleach hierarchy that's why he is stated to be much faster than Giselle.

This is star wars wanking. We don't go by face-value statments unless the statements are from trustworthy statements and mindwiping a galaxy is a star-level ability on a galactic scale.

LoyalservantofInti said:
This is star wars wanking. We don't go by face-value statments unless the statements are from trustworthy statements and mindwiping a galaxy is a star-level ability on a galactic scale.
You're right. I did spend 30 seconds crunching the numbers and you get results in the range of a few dozen to a couple of hundred Tenatons. That's small star to star level. Not even solar system level leave alone galaxy level.

@Edenstar I would appreciate if you immediately and permanently drop this subject. Thank you.

Code:FelipeAlvesNunes said:
Man ... Darth Nihilus only drained the lives of everyone in the galaxy, he not destroyed. There is a gulf between.
Nihilus never life-wiped on a galactic scale. His best feat to date was life-wiping the planet Katarr and devastating much of its surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back