• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galacta knight vs Hoopa (1-1-0)

Kflare63

He/Him
galacta knight is known to oneshot summoners , and we are putting it to the test here

• speed is equalized
  • both are 3-C
  • unbound hoopa will be used
  • hoopa has all summons up to 3-C
  • galacta knight starts in base but later goes into his light and dark forms
  • battle takes place in dahara city
  • both are in character
  • winner wins via death or incap
hoopa: 1 (Arceus0x)

galacta knight:1 (Peptocoptr27)

incon:

Last edited:
Pretty sure Galacta-Knight has an AP advantage, but I don't know how big it is. If it's not one-shot level, it's gonna be tough for him to overcome all of this possible hax coming at him all at once (especially under equalized speed). This one is tricky because it depends on whether or not Hoopa could and would stall out Galacta-Knight long enough to out-hax him. If it uses Power Split or Guard Split, Galacta-Knight is gonna be low on options since he's gonna lose his AP and durability advantage, but Galacta-Knight is so small and likely so much more skilled that he's gonna be hard to hit to begin with, and most of Hoopa's summons can't even come close to hurting him directly. By the way, where does Hoopa's invulnerability come from?

Edit: Wait. What is GK supposed to do against Hoopa's mind hax?

Last edited:
Voting Hoopa via mind hax and transmutation sadly... Mind hax in particular seems like something he would go for instantly. It's sad that Galacta-Knight can't do anything against it, because this would otherwise be a really interesting match

Voting Hoopa via mind hax and transmutation sadly... Mind hax in particular seems like something he would go for instantly. It's sad that Galacta-Knight can't do anything against it, because this would otherwise be a really interesting match
I don't think in mind haxs enemies in character.

If it did there wouldn't have been a movie tbh :v
So for now mind hax isn't a factor

I don't think in mind haxs enemies in character.
Oh yeah. I just remembered his forgettable ass movie. I guess I voted too quickly. I just saw the Hoopa vs Kratos thread and one of the first comments basically said "mind hax GG" lol. Anyway, what about transmutation? I don't recall Hoopa ever using that, so it's probably not in character either, but how does it work? I'd still like to know the same when it comes to his invulnerability, too.

Until I have more info on Hoopa's invulnerability and transmutation, I'm voting for Galacta-Knight via way higher AP, small size, and skill. He should one shot before Hoopa pulls out his hax or sets up anything meaningful with his summons.

this is a pain since Hoopa's entire concept sucks but it only mind controls those which it summons so it would probably lead with portals + attacks.

Anyways i disagree with higher AP since Hoopa downscales from Necrozma and Necrozma's feat is 1.12x higher than Void's feat, not to mention that GK would also downscale from Void's feat, not upscale, making this match approximately equal, maybe even with a slight advantage to hoopa.

I thought for sure that Necrozma's feat was barely above baseline 3-C. Meanwhile GK's literally consumes multiple galaxies. I should really see the exact numbers.

Sorry but where? Even the comments under the calc only seem to downgrade it further.
It was discussed and accepted in discord. Also I'm pretty sure that the fact that this accepted would be a logical conclusion considering the tier is agrees upon and used by tons of mods

The tier may be agreed upon, but the number that puts it at borderline 3-B doesn't seem to be, based on what I've read on the Wiki.

The tier may be agreed upon, but the number that puts it at borderline 3-B doesn't seem to be, based on what I've read on the Wiki.
Look are you going to argue for Hoopa vs GK or are you going to start CRTing in the middle of a match? Either you go make a separate QnA and deal with whatever Kukui replies with or you accept it and finish the match.

If I remember correctly Hoopa isn't 3-C+ .
And Necrozmas feat is said to be "the edge of 3-C" which in this context likely means:the place or line where it stops, or the part of it that is farthest from the middle.

Taking all this at face value and accounting for 1.12× AP advantage Hoopa has, this is even closer than I thought. Despite how little we know about GK's transformations, I really think they should be enough to close the AP gap. I still think his small size and danmaku should make it much easier for him to dodge Hoopa's attacks than the other way around, and he can even nullify durabillity with time world great slash, which seems more in-character than Hoopa's instant win conditions. Still voting GK, but I'm definitely open to having my mind changed.

Hoopa spams Portals for defence and also don't forget about it summoning basically every 3-C in Pokemon
good thing that it doesn't summon any mewtwos as otherwise GK would be screwed hard.
Otherwise we have summons such as kyruem, zekrom, reshiram, mega rayquaza and the sword trio.
This turns the fight from a 1v1 to a 1v7 which becomes exponentially harder.
If Kyruem manages to land a single sheer cold then GK is screwed and many of the pokemon it summons have a range advantage and overall power advantage.
This may be a loss for GK especially if Hoopa decides to boost itself with stat amps like nasty plot then GK is totally doomed.

Overall I feel like Hoopa has just a better arsenal (7 op pokemon + some minor fodder who could land some good stat nerfs onto gk), better mobility (teleporting attacks, portals ect.), stats (scales to higher ap and has stat amps) and more.

I vote for Hoopa.

good thing that it doesn't summon any mewtwos as otherwise GK would be screwed hard.
Otherwise we have summons such as kyruem, zekrom, reshiram, mega rayquaza and the sword trio.
This turns the fight from a 1v1 to a 1v7 which becomes exponentially harder.
With speed equalized, I agree that it's a huge problem. Would the whether trio of Tornadus, Landerus and Thunderus be in thier 3-C Therian forms in this scenario or do they usually show up in base?
If Kyruem manages to land a single sheer cold then GK is screwed and many of the pokemon it summons have a range advantage and overall power advantage.
The odds of Kyruem landing that is probably even lower than the odds of Galacta-Knight sealing him or controlling him with empathic manip from the heart spears.
This may be a loss for GK especially if Hoopa decides to boost itself with stat amps like nasty plot then GK is totally doomed.

Overall I feel like Hoopa has just a better arsenal (7 op pokemon + some minor fodder who could land some good stat nerfs onto gk), better mobility (teleporting attacks, portals ect.), stats (scales to higher ap and has stat amps) and more.
Those are all good arguments. I do think GK's Meta Knight clones could at least hold off the more fodder summons, but if Hoopa can keep his distance via teleportation and let his summons hold GK off long enough for him to set-up something game changing like stat buffs or instant win-cons that don't seem all that in-character, he should win. Something that confuses me is Galacta-Knight's range. If we take what is said on the profile at face value, it's true that he has a range disadvantage against Hoopa's entire troop, but if we scale him to Kirby's ability to throw shit across interstellar distances and make the fair assumption that his spatial rift was in fact sucking in stars, not only does Galacta-Knight now take the range advantage by a landslide, but he can easily take out all of Hoopa's summons in a single move, since he's the only one with the lifting strength required to resist a pull that strong. I hope I won't have to make CRT to clear up that confusing move.

don't think range matters, they can all dodge pretty damn well. While yes, GK has his fair share of options here, his only bet is to try and seal the pokemon that Hoopa controls since the pokemon are under 4D mind control and GK ain't bypassing that.
The -ous trio would also be 3-C, yes.

Basically i feel like Hoopa just has a better chance. I mean Hoopa literally uses phantom force, a move where it disappears and then reappears near the opponent, hitting them, ignoring all barriers.

Also GKs Space-time manip is limited. He doesn't lead with it and doesn't spam it, not to mention that it could mutiliate some mons but not instantly kill them.

don't think range matters, they can all dodge pretty damn well. While yes, GK has his fair share of options here, his only bet is to try and seal the pokemon that Hoopa controls since the pokemon are under 4D mind control and GK ain't bypassing that.
The -ous trio would also be 3-C, yes.
Range does matter if we're talking about a spatial rift that essentially acts like a black hole.
Basically i feel like Hoopa just has a better chance. I mean Hoopa literally uses phantom force, a move where it disappears and then reappears near the opponent, hitting them, ignoring all barriers.

Also GKs Space-time manip is limited. He doesn't lead with it and doesn't spam it, not to mention that it could mutiliate some mons but not instantly kill them.
He may not lead with it, but it's certainly in character. What may not be in character would be using it in the way that I'm suggesting, which is why I'm starting to think Hoopa should win. That being said, I'd still like this move to be more clear. Can Galacta-Knight actually use it a black hole type thing and suck in stars with it? Considering we see what appears to be stars going into the rift and what are clearly stars going out of it during his boss fight, it seems pretty plausible, but his profile doesn't bring much attention to it. It doesn't even say his range is "Possibly interstellar" with this move, only that it's higher.

Look at his range on his profile. I'm not making this up. The rift in the background of his TKC boss fight has to be made by him and we actually see stars coming OUT of it in every game where he uses the attack.

The rift in the background of his TKC boss fight has to be made by him
He has no reason to be able to weaponize that rather than it simply happening as he fights, randomly and chaotically, as is common in fiction for this kind of side effects in reality happening far away. That he can do it with his lance isn't the same as that he would in combat.
and we actually see stars coming OUT of it in every game where he uses the attack.
That would be interstellar from the other side of the potal, but from the side he actually attacks it's as small as it being several times bigger than Kirby.

Back