• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaara Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh, very interesting thing that came up when I was talking to my friends about a 5 Kage Battle Royal.

MS Sasuke's speed is rated as this:

At least Massively Hypersonic+ with Sub-Relativistic Reactions (Dodged Killer B's Kyūbi Cloak Assault and the Fourth Raikage's Elbow)

Ay (Lightning Armor)'s speed is rated as this:

Sub-Relativistic (Able to keep up with KCM Naruto. Significantly faster than MS Sasuke)

Gaara's speed is rated as this:

At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Able to battle against MS Sasuke)

Here's why it shouldn't be.

Here is Sasuke reacting, dodging, and striking (actually piercing his skin) the Raikage. He makes a Susanoo ribcage before he reaches the ground.

The Raikage amps himself upon seeing the Mangekyo Sharingan from Sasuke. This is very important. The Raikage then dodges Amaterasu.

Sasuke is able to react to this amped Raikage. Twice.

Gaara is able to intercept both Sasuke and the Raikage when they were inches apart.

This is a Gaara that only wants to talk to Sasuke.

He later blocks again, the same Sasuke that could react to the amped Raikage.

What's even funnier is, in Generations (which is counted as canon), Gaara is able to physically grab the Amaterasu before even the amped Raikage figured out what just happened.

So, uh, I propose:

Sub-Relativistic+ (Intercepted and saved the Raikage's life from Sasuke's Amaterasu, despite them being inches apart. Blocked Sasuke's Amaterasu, and grabbed it before it even reached the Raikage)

Please discuss.

So in the storm game, Raikage did not lose his arm against Sasuke? Doesn't this contradict the canon manga? I don't think he really needed Gaara to help him there and to me, he seemed to react to Gaara's sand and did not feel the need to dodge the Amaterasu flames with shunshin.

So in the storm game, Raikage did not lose his arm against Sasuke? Doesn't this contradict the canon manga?
Pretty sure this was for censorship purposes, since the game is rated as a T. Just like how Storm 3 is rated is a T, and has Sasuke's bloody eye turn black instead of red dried blood.

I don't think he really needed Gaara to help him there and to me, he seemed to react to Gaara's sand and feel the need to not dodge the Amaterasu flames with shunshin.
The Raikage is stubborn, arrogant, and conceited, and showed no regard for his life when he literally slammed his arm into Amaterasu, knowing that this is the guy who took down Bee (kinda). He was literally inches from Sasuke, in mid-air, I do not think he would've evaded, and they would've killed each other at the same time.

I was referring to the storm game scene where I believe he did react to Gaara's sand and did not feel the need to dodge the flames with his own Shunshin. I mean he could have easily dodged those flames on his own.
The Raikage is stubborn, arrogant, and conceited, and showed no regard for his life when he literally slammed his arm into Amaterasu, knowing that this is the guy who took down Bee (kinda). He was literally inches from Sasuke, in mid-air, I do not think he would've evaded, and they would've killed each other at the same time.
Yeah, this is in the manga and I agree with this.

I was referring to the storm game scene where I believe he did react to Gaara's sand and did not feel the need to dodge the flames with his own Shunshin. I mean he could have easily dodged those flames on his own.
Oh, well, personally I see it as:

Amaterasu -> It materalizes near Raikage -> Gaara grabs it before it reaches him -> Raikage's "hm?!" -> Gaara throws it.

Though, I suppose in the end it wouldn't matter, Gaara is consistently Sub-Rel with the scans I presented.

this was the impression i got when he intercepted/saved the raikage and casually blocked amaterasu wasn't he also participating near the end of the war? i agree

We should also discuss those that would scale off of gaara as well.
Please, please, not here. I haven't even thought of that, I just want to get Gaara dealt with here.

Just want to note that since it contradicts the original manga, this scene is non-canon and shouldn't be treated as relevant.
Pretty sure this was for censorship purposes, since the game is rated as a T. Just like how Storm 3 is rated is a T, and has Sasuke's bloody eye turn black instead of red dried blood.

The feat where Gaara intercepts the Raikage is when the Raikage is falling onto Sasuke. Seems likely to me that the Raikage attacking in that kind of way is going to be slower compared to him using Shunsin to run out of the way of Sasuke's Amatersu.

Gaara's sand blocking the Amaterasu is good, but I don't know if that necessarily makes his sand Sub-Relativistic in order to stop it.

The feat where Gaara intercepts the Raikage is when the Raikage is falling onto Sasuke. Seems likely to me that the Raikage attacking in that kind of way is going to be slower compared to him using Shunsin to run out of the way of Sasuke's Amatersu.
Idk where this Shunshin stuff is coming from, it's just his lightning armor. Yeah, he's falling onto Sasuke, I dunno what that proves, when Sasuke with a Chidori alone could react to the Lightning Amped Raikage, and Sasuke could react to him by putting Amaterasu on his shield before his arm touched it. Seems pretty consistent.

I'm just putting it out there so we dont have gaara at Sub-Rel while everyone else is MHS+ (assuming this gets accepted).
Suppose you're right, obviously this wouldn't just scale to Gaara, so.

That's not really relevant for why it is different. It contradicts the manga.

Idk where this Shunshin stuff is coming from, it's just his lightning armor. Yeah, he's falling onto Sasuke, I dunno what that proves, when Sasuke with a Chidori alone could react to the Lightning Amped Raikage, and Sasuke could react to him by putting Amaterasu on his shield before his arm touched it. Seems pretty consistent.

Because if he's falling, then he's not going to be moving at full speed.

And I'm not sure what your other points are for Sasuke reacting. We already scale Sasuke for reacting.

Sasuke is MHS+ with sub-rel reactions. I don't see how Gaara reacting to MHS+ Sasuke's attacks makes him sub-rel? I also agree with Damage on the falling part.

Like, C literally says he has to manipulate the black flames, and change their chakra form. He does that before the Raikage even hits him, so how is that just reaction?

Yes, and he also pierced him too. With Chidori. That's combat speed.
Don't see how it combat speed tbh. Sasuke charged Ay with an outstretched Chidori, ducked under him and stabbed him. It's just reactions.

Reaction Speed​

Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

I agree with DuDE01010.

This is precisely what we rate Sasuke's reactions for.

Don't see how it combat speed tbh. Sasuke charged Ay with an outstretched Chidori, ducked under him and stabbed him. It's just reactions.
Chidori is... literally an attacking move, requiring the user to CHARGE at their opponent at full-speed, and pierce their skin. I don't understand a move, again, which requires you to charge at your opponent with the intent of striking them, I cannot see how that isn't combat speed. It's not like it's ever even stated the Chidori boosts your speed, even, Guy literally says "the secret is in the speed of the thrust".

was the chidori/rakiri information thread accepted? using the chidori gave a big speed amp also when paired with the sharingan removed the disadvantages.

Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

sasuke crossing with dodging and piercing the raikage was before the raikage amped his speed, after he did sasuke was forced on the defensive with susanno/amaterasu

i also agree with sub-rel reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back