• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Futari wa Pretty Cure: The Universal Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terminology: "Swallow" and "All the Worlds"[1]

These two terms or variations of them are used in evidence (I'll provide below in the other sections) so I wanted to avoid latter confusion/disagreement of their meanings. For "Consume/Swallow", each would imply destruction especially given the surrounding statements or at least the lead up to destruction before a quick destruction (will discuss latter) given one specific statement, but we actually get visual confirmation of what it means in an earlier episode. In episode 44, we see Dark King destroy a planet and then the Seeds of Darkness refers to it as the Dark King "swallowing another world". We see what seems like a gradual destruction before it quickly shifting to full planet level destruction . That means that Swallow does refer to destruction and the one statement refer to it more as a lead up remains true.

The Second term(s) is that whenever the Queen of Light, Elder, or Kiriyu refer to "All the Worlds" or "the World", they are referring to the Universe. They are most definitely not referring to a single planet as we already saw regular Dark King destroy a planet as well as perform a feat that was solar system level. So, "The World" would go into its other meaning as the Universe (the words for world and universe are often the same in Japanese).

"All the Worlds" can easily be seen as another way to refer to the universe, but let's look at the show to justify this interpretation. The Queen also refers to the situation as "everything will be swallowed by darkness". In that same notion, when Nagisa responded by saying everything will be destroyed when Kiriyu said "all the worlds", he didn't correct her.

We also have Dark King's statements and actions. He states that he wants to be "still quiet in the darkness", meaning things like stars would also need to be destroyed which obviously more than just planets. He also affects time-space with the tear in space so he is clearly affecting things other than just planets. Thus, "All the Worlds" and "The World" refer to the Universe.

Statements[2]
It is stated multiple times by multiple characters that the universe will be destroyed.Both the Queen of Light and the Elder of the Garden of Light state that all the worlds will be "thrown out of balance", "consumed by darkness", and "collapse" before being consumed. The Queen also states that "the World" will forever be plunged into darkness when Dark King obtains the Prism Stones.

She also states that everything will be swallowed by Darkness. We also have Kiriyu reaffirm this by stating that all the worlds will be covered in darkness. He also agrees with Nagisa when she was referring to his above statement as "everything will be consumed by darkness".

Dark King himself is not disappointed once he obtains the Prism Stones and states that he wants the Universe to be still quiet in darkness.

Are the Statements Reliable? Yes! All of these characters are familiar with the Power to Create and the Power of Darkness (and consume) as well as Dark King's plan. It is also stated multiple times by multiple people so it's not just some throwaway line. It isn't hyperbole either since the Queen is physically struggling with holding the universe together and we saw from episode 44 that Dark King could affect a planet outside of the Dark Zone while remaining in the Dark Zone.

Affecting Space[3]
When they said everything, they meant everything. Space itself is affected by this. It allowed Kiriya to return when he was trapped in "the space between light and darkness", but even more explicitly is that Dark King causes several rips in space. We see such a rip on Earth and it managed to bring the Cures from the Dark Zone to Earth.

Regarding the Universe Shaking Calc[4]
One of the things we actually see is that the universe shakes as a result of this power. Shaking the universe has been calced at Multi-Solar System level. So, does that mean this is only MSS level? No!

This is due to the fact that the shaking was not the full power of the feat. The statements above about the universes destruction already gives us an idea of what is actually happening. We also know that the Queen of Light was holding back this power the entire time. The power that was shaking the universe was just the power that the Queen couldn't stop (it was leaking out).

Also, the guy who created the shaking calc said it would be universal if it fully collapses and becomes a void. We have the elder saying all the worlds (the universe) would collapse and we have the Dark King's "Still Quiet" statement which sounds like a void. Thus, the universe shaking is not the limit to the power we saw, nor does it contradict the feat being universal.

Is it Universal?[5]
With all the statements and nothing contradicting it, this is indeed universal.

Conclusion[6]
All characters who are Prism Stone enhanced Seeds of Darkness level or greater are Universal. This would of course carry over to All Stars and scale to those Cures. Queen of Light and base Dark King would only reach this level when risking their lives and going beyond their limits like the Queen did.

Before I made this a content revision thread, I asked DinoRangerBlack what he thought of the blog (which is the same as this thread) after I removed a section and he said it was fine. Should I ask him to comment here specifically or is this fine since its talking about the same content.

If Dino thinks that this is fine, I am as well.

As stated before, everything seems fine. I had to watch some of the episodes again to make sure. A couple of errors were made in some the adjustments, so I had to correct them. I also replace the scans for Dark King's tier with SuperSaiyanKieran's far superior images from this thread.

I keep telling you (albeit, up until now it was the + variety), "Universal Class" is wrong, if you read Striking Strength, you will find that the "Class" part is dropped starting with 3-C. You fixed that, good job. I'm a little sorry for getting angry.

Also, it's 3-B because they were overpowered by people who were 1/3rd universal.

Thank you for helping out.

So what is left to do here.

That's not how scaling works. The Cures are 3-A. They were not only able tank direct attacks from Dark King but also defeat him alongside the Queen. Dark King is superior the Queen who's stabilizing the universe in the brink of its destruction and the Seeds of Darkness, even with the Power of Creation, still aren't able to defeat him. It's the reason for the first key for Black and White to begin with. In other words, they are 3-A but in a weaker degree, not 3-B. The Dark Seeds themselves aren't even 1/3rd of the Dark King himself. Just minions he created to resurrect him.

Nothing really unless Porun's time stable (it was because of him that the Cures did not skip 100 years when they returned from the Garden of Light) ability could be applied to these other characters which would then uprgade this.

Dino Ranger Black said:
Your reason makes no sense. The Cures are 3-A. They were not only able tank direct attacks from Dark King but also defeat him alongside the Queen. Dark King is superior to both the Queen who's stabilizing the universe in the brink of its destruction and the fusion of the Seeds of Darkness. It's the reason for the first key to begin with. This makes them 3-A into a weaker degree. Not 3-B. The Dark Seeds themselves aren't even 1/3rd of the Dark King himself. Just minions he created to resurrect him.
Don't you love it when characters jump multiple tiers without any sort of benchmark? They were still overpowered near the end of the series, and the Queen is equal to Dark King by herself. The Power of Light seeds together performed the Universal feat, which their bases backscale from via the Cures.

It still doesn't ignore the fact they were able to consistently tank their attacks before and after that. It simply means they are in the same tier but still likely weaker. Claiming otherwise means the only other method to scale the Cures and the Seeds of Darkness is from their own feats because the former "being overpowered" does not make either cast 3-B. That's not how scaling works.

At most 3-A, then? I was thinking that they downscale too far from Dark king for it to matter, though now that I think about it, they did do a good job of rising to challenge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back