• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fusion Battle: Dark Danny vs Gogeta (Toei) (0 - 11 - 0) (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Orginal Series Dan VS Fusion Reborn Gogeta
  • Starting Distance: 100 Meters
  • Standard Battle Assumptions (Everything Else)

Dan Phantom:

Gogeta (Toei): 11 (JJSliderman, speedster352, LordGriffin1000, XSOULOFCINDERX, Harith0cell, Peppersalt43, Fezzih_007, Eseseso, SuperStar, Brogeefrong, AStrangeverse)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Dan is at 36 universes, very nicely and clearly stated on his profile...

Meanwhile, all I get for Gogeta is a very confusing scaling chain, and some of the conclusions made are just...so dumb. How do we exist in a reality where despite being stated to be weaker in the canon source material, Kid Buu (Toei) is not only the strongest-rated version of Buu, he might possibly stomp most of Super up to the Goku Black Arc?

Either way, I'm leaning towards Gogeta, since he scales above Kid Buu by...a lot, and apparently Gotenks, Gohan, and Piccolo were also already 2-C by the Buu Saga in Toei, which just...god that makes my brain hurt, I understand that the Toeiverse is taking every bit of filler crap they threw into the anime into consideration, but it doesn't make it any easier to stomach with that in mind. Seriously, why is Piccolo part of the reasoning behind anyone in the Buu Saga being 2-C?

Like, as an aside in someone else's post, can I get someone to explain to me why these Buu Saga characters are 2-C? Did we suddenly start retroactively applying stuff we learned in Super about the size of the Dragon Ball Multiverse to non-canon material like Toeiverse/GT?

Dan is at 36 universes, very nicely and clearly stated on his profile...

Meanwhile, all I get for Gogeta is a very confusing scaling chain, and some of the conclusions made are just...so dumb. How do we exist in a reality where despite being stated to be weaker in the canon source material, Kid Buu (Toei) is not only the strongest-rated version of Buu, he might possibly stomp most of Super up to the Goku Black Arc?

Either way, I'm leaning towards Gogeta, since he scales above Kid Buu by...a lot, and apparently Gotenks, Gohan, and Piccolo were also already 2-C by the Buu Saga in Toei, which just...god that makes my brain hurt, I understand that the Toeiverse is taking every bit of filler crap they threw into the anime into consideration, but it doesn't make it any easier to stomach with that in mind. Seriously, why is Piccolo part of the reasoning behind anyone in the Buu Saga being 2-C?

Like, as an aside in someone else's post, can I get someone to explain to me why these Buu Saga characters are 2-C? Did we suddenly start retroactively applying stuff we learned in Super about the size of the Dragon Ball Multiverse to non-canon material like Toeiverse/GT?
Actually from what I've heard it actually the other way around

It's because the anime version of Kid Buu has repeated statments of being the strongest Majin even after the introduction to Buuhan, at least going off his profile. Manga wise Buuhan his superior iirc.

It's because the anime version of Kid Buu has repeated statments of being the strongest Majin even after the introduction to Buuhan, at least going off his profile. Manga wise Buuhan his superior iirc.
God, that just kills me inside...

So what are we looking at in terms of Gogeta's scaling chain, compared to 36 universes?

Gogeta I imagine scales to 3-6 universes, which does make this a one-shot. However, Gogeta does have Stardust Breaker/Soul Punisher; which is extremely effective on evil beings and destroys them. Not sure if Dark Danny resists though.

Gogeta I imagine scales to 3-6 universes, which does make this a one-shot. However, Gogeta does have Stardust Breaker/Soul Punisher; which is extremely effective on evil beings and destroys them. Not sure if Dark Danny resists though.
That was what I was going for. Dan has the power advantage and several abilities that make taking him down conveniently a difficult task. However, Gogeta has far more fighting skill/experience, better teleportation, and Soul Punisher, as Dan has no resistance to purification of evil and considering it eradicated countless souls in Janempa, it should be capable of taking down Dan who doesn't resist it's purification function and thus should get destroyed if hit by it.

I wanna say Gogeta takes it, he can sense power levels so he’ll immediately know DD can one-shot him, unlike Janemba. And since Dan is very clearly evil on an outward level, Gogeta will likely use Soul Punisher fast, as this Gogeta is more serious and focused than SSJ4, and has Goku’s moveset, who does combine his teleportaion with big attacks (seen with the Cell fight)

I wanna say Gogeta takes it, he can sense power levels so he’ll immediately know DD can one-shot him, unlike Janemba. And since Dan is very clearly evil on an outward level, Gogeta will likely use Soul Punisher fast, as this Gogeta is more serious and focused than SSJ4, and has Goku’s moveset, who does combine his teleportaion with big attacks (seen with the Cell fight)
Fair reasoning, vote counted.

Guess I'll drop a vote as well since it's allowed.

I'm going to vote Gogeta, since ectoplasmic energy has become a universal energy system and ghosts have levels of potency, that aspect can be equalized through verse equalization and thus Gogeta can sense the difference in power and thus won't screw around or take any chances trying to block Dan's attacks, and more than likely immediately use Soul Punisher at the opportunity. Dan lacks the needed sensing capabilities to keep track of Gogeta if the later teleports out of his line of sight, but Gogeta doesn't have that issue. And while any attack from Dan is a one shot, Gogeta's overall skill should allow him to avoid Dan's more brutish fighting method. Ghostly Wail is problematic but Gogeta has IT and likely wouldn't hesitate to use it given it's power.

Dan's third method of attack besides physical strikes and Ghostly Wail is restraining his target but due to Gogeta's superior lifting strength and flight, he should be able to out-muscle the energy restraints. And while Dan's physiology makes Gogeta's attacks minus Soul Punisher ineffective, Gogeta wouldn't waste time on that given the power difference. Duplication is a problem but Gogeta should have to much trouble out fighting 4 enemies who aren't on his level of skill surprise attacks wouldn't be as effective due to his sensing. It basically comes down to Dan landing a blow be it with his punches, energy beams, or Ghostly Wail, and either outlasting Gogeta as he doesn't spam his other abilities and they can be avoided without to much trouble. As for Gogeta, he would need to use his superior skill, sensing and teleportation to catch Dan off guard and land a Soul Punisher. Since Dan doesn't know the attack would be capable of hitting him, he'd be more inclined to let it pass through him or phase through it in some manner which would be ineffective and he has been caught off guard before so I see the Gogeta winning slightly more than I see Dan winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back