• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FTL Melty Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a quick one. Calc was actually done by a talented calc member here, @Migue79, so credit goes to him
Here's the calc

The calc is for in tandem movement to Mech Hisui's laser for context. The proof for the laser being real are also provided

Some will probs bring up that this could potentially be an outlier since Arcueid says she can't move FTL in the Act 2 manga, but the thing is, this isn't the only laser timing feat. This statement was immediately contradicted by Akiha coming out of nowhere and intercepting a laser from Mech Hisui, also in the Act 2 manga. So not one, but two examples of laser timing VS one statement saying its not possible

Last edited:
Wasn't the verse FTL before? I remember there being a CRT about upgrading the speed of the cast to that tier back before the forum move and it went smoothly IIRC.

From what I remember, the arguments for FTL Melty were pretty solid, and the calc uses the same arguments, so I agree. I'll try and find the thread.

Honestly i don't know if meme characters like Mecha Hisui should be taken seriously. Hisui for example is stated to be able to shake the planet.

Honestly i don't know if meme characters like Mecha Hisui should be taken seriously. Hisui for example is stated to be able to shake the planet.
Hey now that lines up with the Wallachia moon slam

Jokes aside I get that and I expected that argument, but said lasers were also created by Kohaku, who's already fairly intelligent despite her nature, and we have at minimum have enough evidence suggesting the lasers are meant to be taken as legitimate. Also the planet shake thing is more vague than what we got for the lasers regardless

If you’re going to use my calc for the profiles, post it in a blog. Other fellow CGMs can’t evaluate it if it’s not in a blog.

This is rather interesting if I do say so myself did you get this calc put in a blog and evaluated?? Cause i'm kinda looking for Rel+ to FTL nasuverse calcs

Gonna be a quick one. Calc was actually done by a talented calc member here, @Migue79, so credit goes to him
Here's the calc
The calc is for in tandem movement to Mech Hisui's laser for context. The proof for the lasers being real are in the doc that's linked as well.
Dunno if this'll be accepted or not, but if so, not sure on who all would scale. If I had to guess, I'd say anyone who scales to base Melty Akiha. I can link it later (or someone else can), but in the Melty manga, Akiha already has a feat of intercepting Mech Hisui's laser. Now, in that same manga, Arcueid said she can't move LS so I can see some saying outlier to this potential buff, but not only was that statement contradicted immediately by Akiha doing this (and we all know 50% Arcueid is > base Akiha), so this as another ftl feat should cancel out that statement.
(Also curse Nasu and his habit of saying characters can't move FTL)
I would suggest Relativistic+ with FTL reactions for everyone except Arcueid who will be FTL due to the outlier statement.
That FTL statement is really a bane of the Nasuverse and i wish he never said it in any of his works.

Do you have the blog??
Here ya go

I would suggest Relativistic+ with FTL reactions for everyone except Arcueid who will be FTL due to the outlier statement.
That FTL statement is really a bane of the Nasuverse and i wish he never said it in any of his works.
I get ya but tbf, the fact that Akiha comes out of no where and intercepts it contradicts this, and we know definitively that Arcuied is > Akiha.
If you're fine with ftl Nasuverse as whole (completely different can of worms), I'd hope that's enough to change your stance on this as well

Here ya go

I get ya but tbf, the fact that Akiha comes out of no where and intercepts it contradicts this, and we know definitively that Arcuied is > Akiha.
If you're fine with ftl Nasuverse as whole (completely different can of worms), I'd hope that's enough to change your stance on this as well
Im fine with FTL melty blood and Nasuverse. Akiha’s feaat can be accepted then.
I agree.

normally i would never accept this but considering subsonic to supesonic Fate is now FTL, which makes even less sense and has a ton of anti-feats this should be fine. especially since these characters scale way above them. so i agree given the context of current ratings of the overall franchise.

As I was making a list of who all would scale to this, I just realized that Nero Chaos is missing from the list of characters for this verse

one supporter
Sadness

why does the calc need to be evaluated anyways? the profiles of some of these characters still mention that they scale to and above servants. why aren't the speed ratings adjusted properly due to that alone?

why does the calc need to be evaluated anyways? the profiles of some of these characters still mention that they scale to and above servants. why aren't the speed ratings adjusted properly due to that alone?
Well it's just how the site works all Calcs you want to post on your Verse page or use for scaling have to be evaluated by Calc group members first

Well it's just how the site works all Calcs you want to post on your Verse page or use for scaling have to be evaluated by Calc group members first
i'm saying he should really just ignore the calc part and mention how they upscale from Servants, since their profiles still mention this to this day.

If you’re going to use my calc for the profiles, post it in a blog. Other fellow CGMs can’t evaluate it if it’s not in a blog.
Ayo know of any other fellow calc members into Type Moon

Also yeah by this site's standards they should be ftl anyways going by the current ratings, its just that I'm moreso hoping to bump the verse up to ftl without purely relying on Fate scaling alone. Using something from Melty itself, I was hoping this would be much more straightforward since Fate's side of things is always argued over and the FTL stuff was only recently accepted.
I'm also just generally trying to use actual calcs that hit this level and not just the statements that the current Fate profiles are using.
But yeah technically most of the cast should be FTL anyways

I'd suggest pinging Mitch as well, but I'm not sure if he's only knowledgeable on Fate or if he knows a lot of stuff about other Nasuverse media.

@CloverDragon03 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings

Would any of you be willing to evaluate this calculation blog and then tell us here when you are done please?

Migue79 seems to have originally done the calculations in it.
I'd suggest pinging Mitch as well, but I'm not sure if he's only knowledgeable on Fate or if he knows a lot of stuff from other Nasuverse media.
@DemonGodMitchAubin

Your help would also be appreciated here.
No problem.

Thank you to everybody who helped out with this. The calculation result in question can probably be used then.

Thanks!

Now I guess one last thing to ask of any other fellow Melty bros here before opening pages: are we cool with scaling it to all of the Melty cast, or just Vermillion Akiha tiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back