• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friday Night Funkin Discussion Thread

Well a complete list of disqualified mods would be
  • Hatsune Miku
  • Tricky
  • Zardy
  • CG5 Edition
  • B-sides
  • Minus
  • Matt
  • Shaggy
  • Chara
  • Salty Sunday's Night
  • FNF HD
  • Deepsea Date
  • Corruption (Although it's debatable if this one can stay)
May be missing some

i feel like including mods is a mistake. We need to wait til full game cause one of the things written in the trailer is robust mod support aka it is made to be capable of having a mod. I think they thanked the community but nothing else.

I don't know what to think about modifications. To me, any mod for any media can be used as long as it is acknowledged that it is unofficial to the source material, but the VS Battles Wiki doesn't really have that so the result of the discussion doesn't matter to me.

i feel like including mods is a mistake. We need to wait til full game cause one of the things written in the trailer is robust mod support aka it is made to be capable of having a mod. I think they thanked the community but nothing else.
one of the stretch goals was to literally have mods downloadable from the game itself on a sharing network kinda like mario maker and how you upload stages, i also think they are also making mod making easier too so you can also make mods on the game itself too as a mode with a character creator, charting maker, and easy upload to music and voice files to the game. having mods that have their own lore, og character, and full week as extended canon should be fine

Shouldnt SiIvaGunner mods be excluded as well? They are merely reskins of original battles, like the Ugh Home Depot rip or Giygas replacing the Spirit

Although I do find some of DJW profiles for FNF rather sus in terms of scaling looking at you 2-C Sarvente, I got to admit that they did a great job with those

If we are making Sarvente I highly doubt she'll be anywhere close to tier 2
btw am I the only one that thought Sarvente and Ruv were Country Human when first seeing them?

I think that including mods at all is a mistake. Just because a game includes mod support doesn't mean that the mods are canon until the creator OF THE GAME (not the mod) confirms it.

Otherwise, I could make a trash mod where Boyfriend stomps a tier 0 and claim it's canon.

6KqEXFJ.png

We still cannot include mods whatsoever. If it's not official, we can't use it. I guess there are some grey areas like SCP though, but FnF mods are basically fanfiction.

Even if the creator says that mods are canon, they shouldn't be. I don't really get why he'd say that fanworks are canon, that never works out well in the long run.

I mean it's not like we can't include it since even the creators essentially said they are canon
But if and when we do it we would need probably a shit ton of rules

As I said, the creator's word isn't enough. It's still fanworks. It's a really murky area, and even in-game references to Mid Fights Masses or Back Ally Blitz (or anything else) wouldn't be enough to cement them as canon.

To follow up, I recall the creator of God of War suggesting that Kratos' guest appearance in Shovel Knight was canon, but even then we don't use this for a Low 2-C Shovel Knight, even though the two fought and the creator implied it as canon.

Back