• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freddy Krueger VS Nightmare (Kirby series)

But that would defeat the whole purpose of Freddy. By removing the Dream World, you are removing the thing that DEFINES Freddy.

True. I didn't say it would be a good thing, just that that is how it would go down. In the end, it is a interdimensional cosmic entity agains a child-killing maniac with a clawed glove.

However, even if Freddy had access to the Dream World, I still think Nightmare wins. He is just too powerful.

Unfortunately, power doesn't mean very much in the Dream World. Nightmare may be a powerful cosmic entity in the real world, but in the dream world, Nightmare is whatever Freddy wants him to be.

Freddy in the Dream World is capable of controling most/all of reality. It goes by his rules. There aren't alot of things that can counter this.

"There aren't alot of things that can counter this."

Unless you are Jason Vorhees. Jason was still able to harm Freddy because Jason didn't fear him, and according to the Kirby show, Nightmare only fears the Star Rod.

Problem with the whole fear argument: At no point has Freddy ever needed fear. Yes the first movie tried to imply that, but if you were to just watch the ending then you would realise that the implication was totally false. Also, if not fearing him truly worked, then how come Nancy was KILLED in the third film?

Eh. You have a point. I have other things to do though, so I will stop arguing. Congradulations on successfully debating me out. If you knew me, you would recognize how hard that is to do.

I'm just asking if this is a viable source for a win/loss for either character if it ends properly. 'Cause I've always seen win/losses linked to other sites but never this one.

Also wow, Freddy is literally the only character I have ever interacted with on this website...

We actually have quite a few from this site, you just have to look for them. We mostly try to use threads from this site now, but will use other sites if the input is sufficient and the logic is sound.

I don't think that this is worthy of a win/loss. It was pretty much just two people debating, and we haven't even determined if Freddy can use his dream powers. If a few other people came on and gave their opinions, then it could probably be used.

OH, upon re-watching the Nightmare films, I found out that in the fith one, Freddy at one point literally pulled one of the characters into the Dream World. That's a situation in which they can fight in the Dream World.

However, the grounds of this fight I fear, may never be fully understood due to the fact that the thread owner is blocked from the site. (I wonder why?)

Otakuzoid said:
OH, upon re-watching the Nightmare films, I found out that in the fith one, Freddy at one point literally pulled one of the characters into the Dream World. That's a situation in which they can fight in the Dream World.
However, the grounds of this fight I fear, may never be fully understood due to the fact that the thread owner is blocked from the site. (I wonder why?)
He was troublesome or something.

The dream world isn't helping Freddy either.

Nightmare LOVES to pull people into an endless sleep, whereupon he becomes infinitely powerful and tortures them with mind rape.

Nightmare fears only the Star Rod in the anime, which puts him in at a much higher power-level than just the games.

In the real world, nothing could kill him. In the dream world, he is much more powerful, but the Star Rod can be summoned and used to seal him away, granted they don't give in to fear and know what they're doing, but as long as there are bad dreams, he will live on.

Either way, the Star Rod is his one weakness. Everything else is unlikely to do much more than tickle him.

So either way, Mr. Krueger isn't beating him.

If Jason won a scrap against him, then any of the Kirby villains are going to just laugh at him and then barrage him with dark magic and bloody tears.

Angry Dummy said:
The dream world isn't helping Freddy either.
Nightmare LOVES to pull people into an endless sleep, whereupon he becomes infinitely powerful and tortures them with mind rape.

Nightmare fears only the Star Rod in the anime, which puts him in at a much higher power-level than just the games.

In the real world, nothing could kill him. In the dream world, he is much more powerful, but the Star Rod can be summoned and used to seal him away, granted they don't give in to fear and know what they're doing, but as long as there are bad dreams, he will live on.

Either way, the Star Rod is his one weakness. Everything else is unlikely to do much more than tickle him.

So either way, Mr. Krueger isn't beating him.

If Jason won a scrap against him, then any of the Kirby villains are going to just laugh at him and then barrage him with dark magic and bloody tears.
"Infinite power, only weak to the star rod" That's a big NLF right there. I don't recall Nightmare having very many hax that could help him in this fight. Freddy on the other hand has demonstrated himself to control time, alter his own durability, alter his victims durability, control his victims movements, become invisible, creat and entire planet consisting of a junkyard and much more in the dream world.

Also, I don't recall Jason winning like...at all when they were fighting in the dream world...

It wasn't so much "hax" as "is at least planet-level outside of the dream-world as he effortlessly tanks Fire Kirby and puts him to sleep, gets a massive power bump within dreams, and has only ever been harmed by this one thing."

I wouldn't claim that he can't be beaten without the Star Rod or similar power, but I think laughing off a hit from the 4-A Kirby of all people BEFORE the power boost is rather significant.

That, and Freddy's targets typically don't include nightmare demons from outer space. They're normal people and one guy with a machete who is really hard to kill for some reason. And he tends to get beaten by holy items.

I don't recall Nightmare ever having holy items, and he would also need to use said holy items on freddy in the real world. On top of that, Nightmare's 5-B durability really doesn't matter due to the fact that Freddy can ignore conventional durability in the dream world.

Can Freddy harm a character with intangibility?

Can Freddy land a hit on a character who is MFTL+?

These are questions I can't answer because my only available sources on him are second-hand written ones.

Youtube has an age restriction on R rated movies, and I don't feel like shelling out twenty or so dollars at a Target so I can do research.

Eh, the two combatants aren't the best picks for VS matches.

One is a final boss whose powers are really vague, and the other is a horror movie character whose powers are really vague in his lair.

Back