• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frankenstein's monster downgrades

Frankenstein's monster is not 9-A. The only reason he has this tier is because he can "crush a cottage", but not only is that quote misinterpreted but it is as contradicted constantly. The monster has nearly been beaten to death by human, was nearly stoned to death, was easily injured by a gun shot, and ultimately ended his life by sitting himself on fire, all of which is nowhere even close to small building level. But all of that doesn't even matter because the monster can't even destroy the cottage in the first place. What he meant by crush the cottage was slaughtering everyone in side of it. If I say "I'm going to massacre a village" I'm not massacring a collection of building, I'm massacring the people within it. This is shown when the monster has to burn down the cottage to destroy it after the family left, and he constantly has to strangle people to kill them, hell he had to use strangulation to kill a child. He should be downgraded to 9-C (can easily overpower humans). Also his speed justification is also pretty bad "as swift as the flight of an Eagle is figuratively language, he still easily dodges humans and is stated as being incredibly fast multiple times though so he should probably still be superhuman.

What is the exact quote that gives him his current rating? This seems to make to make sense tho.

"I could crush the cottage if I wanted to" but it misses the other sentences that point to him referring to the people inside rather than the cottage itself. Also burning it to the ground or doing it one wall at a time would still fall under that quote anyways.

Actually I just looked it up apparently the cottage quote isn't even in all the version of the story, but I did fine a wall level feat that could somewhat support him being 9-B (stated that he could have torn a human limb from limb, and could have possibly destroyed a cottage but the method and timeframe are unknown)

It comes from Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Cursed, cursed creator! Why did I live? Why, in that instant, did I not extinguish the spark of existence which you had so wantonly bestowed? I know not; despair had not yet taken possession of me; my feelings were those of rage and revenge. I could with pleasure have destroyed the cottage and its inhabitants and have glutted myself with their shrieks and misery.

Like the OP says, nothing suggests that he could destroy it in one shot and it contradicts his consistent showings. The novel itself is public domain and can be read here

Also his stamina likely needs to be downgraded. He can get fatigued

"But this was a luxury of sensation that could not endure; I became fatigued with excess of bodily exertion and sank on the damp grass in the sick impotence of despair."

So how about 9-B (Stated to be able to tear a man limb from limb)?

I could have torn him limb from limb, as the lion rends the antelope.

Although feat wise I think his best thing is killing some wolves.

Since that's worked out, how about stamina? Should it be adjusted to high rather than unlimited?

Wait actually, is there a thread for VS battle removals? Because his loss to Guts should probably be edited out.

Just go to the "Management" section on the navigation bar. You'll find every thread like this there.

Okay. This can probably be closed then as long as there's nothing more to add

His stamina justification needs to be changed he is shown to constantly need to eat

I'm fine with removing the mentions (assuming I'm not forgetting something about the book), but I have to go soon so someone else would need to make the edit

I had to leave for a bit, I cannot edit the profile (probably because I'm on mobile) so someone has to change the stamina justification

Back