• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fragments of their true selves: Mattias Comeran vs Zaunig

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Let me tell you a little story, child. A story of a great battle that is in your hands...

Once upon a time, a certain God-Slayer came across a certain God. This God, interested in this being, decided to have a little game with it.

"I will allow you to absorb all of my powers," the God said, "But you must best one of my Deities of the Aethur with one of your Avatars."

The God-Slayer chuckled, then laughed. A proposal he just cannot refuse. He accepted, and sent a near infinite-dimensional Avatar into the Aethur.

Upon landing onto a seemingly infinite space of darkness, a figure which seemingly looked like a businessman awaited the Avatar with a smirk on their face.

"A unique opponent enters the fray..." The figure said.

"You do not seem to have much combat prowess. This match will be easy." The Avatar says confidently.

"Ooohhoh, don't get so cocky Zelretch rip-off. You might just get my hopes up for a good fight!"

Both "men" smirked. There was no need for further talk, as the legendary clash that shook the Aethur began.

Only you, my child, may decide the outcome of this battle...

vs

A Fragment of the Embodiment of Everything

Rules:

• Avatar Mattias vs Nigh-Infinite Dimensional Zaunig
  • Speed equalized
  • In-Character
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win
  • The battle takes place in an infinite-plane of darkness in the nigh-infinite dimension
Music:

Battle Theme 1

Battle Theme 2

Score:

Mattias: 2

Zaunig: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Zelretch
Zaunig

You didn't restrict ascending levels, so Mattias's Avatar goes up another dimensional levels then proceeds to tear apart the canvas of reality Zaunig exists o

Probably Mattias. His Apeiron based manual reactive evolution combined with the ability to see into the past and future from a higher dimensional perspective basically means he'll have reconfigured his avatar to resist everything Zaun can throw at him before Zaun even tries anything. And if that doesn't work somehow, he uses Apeiron Shields, which will absorb anything that tries to get through (even if the attack doesn't actually need to "go through" anything by understanding of space)

Apeiron is a massive blindspot in the eyes of every nigh-omniscience, clairvoyant, psychic, precognitive whatever in my verse, so precog and clairvoyance won't help.

A few Zeroth Waves outta nowhere would be all it takes, and Zaun's off to meet his maker, having just had all his resistances, spells, abilities, willpower, aura, emotions, desires, soul, mind, concept, etc and everything else that make him who he is collapse into the Zeroth.

Thanks, that's restricted now.

Aaaanywho, I'll count your vote, but here's some things to look out for about Zaunig:

Since Mattias' Avatar is connected to the real Mattias, Zaunig is able to sever that via either his probability manipulation or boundary manipulation, at least temporarily. He was able to do that to the Core's Avatar. This would allow Zaunig to bypass the reactive evolution, at least temporarily.

Before the battle beings, and since this is full-power Zaunig, he would've activated everything he already has from the start, including Absolute Precognition and Clairvoyance, seeing all of the future outcomes of the battle. His precognition works in that all possibilities are already set in place in all dimensional planes, up to infinity. Zaunig is always able to see that permanent outcome and (as well as most of the strongest Deities), ignoring any sort of negation to it.

Via Absolute Precognition and Clairvoyance, Zaunig would know about Apeiron Shields and Zeroth Waves, and would counter them by using probability manipulation to lessen or completely negate both.

It does say on Mattias' profile that Zeroth Waves can't be negated though. How does that work exactly? Zaunig's probability manipulation works in that it's the strongest ability given to him by the Embodiment of Everything, and is granted to work on opponents up to the infinite-dimension. All Deities have a strongest ability that will work up to the infinite-dimension. Since I'm assuming this version of Mattias has his Zeroth Waves in the near-infinite dimension, Zaunig would be able to negate it because his probability manipulation works up to the infinite dimension.

Even if he won't be able to negate it however, he does have a
massive amount of Willpower, as shown on his profile, even moreso than Gyrohem's most willed character. Willpower is heavily more apparent for Deities, essentially being incomprehensibly large for the most powerful.

He won't be able to unlink the avatar and the real Mattias. That avatar Mattias is basically a puppet being controlld by the 1-A Mattias who is looking into the Realm from the Ur-Reality. Unless you are telling me Zaunig can break the 1-A "strings" of Apeiron Mattias is using to control it.

There are numerous nigh-omniscient 1-A beings in my verse, and the only reason they are nigh-omniscient instead of fully omniscient is because Apeiron lets the user/merger be free of any and all preset possibilities, so even if every single possibility is telling Zaun that Mattias is not going to do something, Mattias could do it anyway.

Zeroth Waves are blasts of pure concentrated Apeiron. Apeiron is the emanations of the Zeroth and the foundation of literally everythign and anything in the verse. Nothing can exist without Apeiron, but if there is too much Apeiron in it, it is overwhelmed and absorbed into the Zeroth. Zeroth Waves make use of that, and are so concentrated that they absorb anything that impacts them, including time and space, higher dimensions, existence and non-existence, concepts, systems of causality, and literally everything else. Any and all concepts of probability that try to affect it are just going to be absorbed without affecting it.

Every single being who reaches Ascension and becomes a God in my verse has a massive amount of willpower. It didn't stop Mattias from singlehandedly killing hundreds of them with the Zeroth Waves

Not really "sever" it, but more like "bind" the strings Mattias is using to control the Avatar, hence I said temporarily. Basically limiting the power, but it's still there.

Everything else are fair points that I can accept, but one question that I have is whether Zeroth Waves can harm the user.

I will say again. He isn't doing anything to those "strings". The fact that Mattias can even crudley influence Apeiron is treated as something completely miraculous that should be completely impossible. Mattias is one of the smartest non-omniscient beings in the verse (and not one of those nigh-omniscient beings ever replicated what he can do), and it still took him centillions of years in the Ur-Reality to create Transcendent Magic. They wouldn't harm the real Mattias, but can harm the avatar.

Though his control over it is very precise. And it isn't something generic attack reflection could stop.

Back