• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FP: Tar Stained Steel ~ Superman vs Sasha

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Focal Point Universe Hub, see there for details: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4101714?useskin=oasis

~

Superman heard the Blast long before he arrived. He'd heard it, felt it. The Beast. He wasn't anywhere near the battle, but the roar of a magma monster, the crack of thunder, still rang in his ears. Superman hadn't even arrived and he'd already failed to save Empire City.

That's why he sat forlorn in the rubble, a crying woman concrete spikes spewing from her arms wrapped around him, as Empire City smouldered. "Please, I don't know what to do. What I... I..." Clark nodded solemnly. "I know. It's okay. I'm here." Clark comforted her for a moment, before his ears perked up.

It was the sounding of screams. Shrieks of a terrified young girl being hoisted up by her neck and the roars of hateful terrified men. He was there in a flash, the wind roaring around him for merely a moment. The rope had already been cut by his heat vision by the time he realized he'd brought the grieving woman with him.

His presence, his disappointed stare, forced the crowd to depart. "Why... do they hate us?" The red head in his arms asked. "They're afraid. People do strange things when they're afraid." Superman responded, slowly hovering down to the ground. "People will always find something, someone, to be afraid of." The woman noted.

The moment ended with a bloodthirsty roar, mad shrieks piercing the sky. "Where is he!?" The pale marionette of a woman shrieked as she and her army of Reapers marched down the streets. "Where is my beloved!?! Kessler! COLE!" Superman set the woman down. "Run for cover. I'll handle this." She barely had the time head his words by the time he took to the skys again.

Machine guns melted into slag has red beams hit them, snarling controlled men were pummeled and battered by something to fast to see. Sasha snarled up at Superman as he entered her line of sight. "Where is he?" She demanded. "He's fine, but that's not why I'm here." Clark landed and approached Sasha, hand outstretched. "Listen, we don't have to do this. I can get you to people who can help you. We ca-" Sasha vomited black tar right at him and Clark dashed back to avoid it. "I don't want you to save me, I want Cole! Bring him to me!" Clark sighed. "Alright then. I gave you a chance."

~

Earth One Superman vs Sasha

Speed Equalized.

Superman (Earth One)
Superman (Earth One)

vs.
Sasha Infamous

Okay, so Sasha has an approximently 20 Megaton feat. Superman seems to have a 30 Megaton feat (1.5x AP difference, so it's negligable). Although, Sasha just needs to hit Superman with her tar once and it's game over.

I'm going to hold off voting for now to see if anything else comes up.

Is it really just one tar to take down Supes? There's a possibility he can tank it like Cole initially. Him being melee focused doesn't help and Sasha does have teleportation... Gonna side with Sasha here for now

Sasha actually upscales from 28 megatons, since Cole survived the Blast as part of activating his powers (ie at his weakest). Sasha fought Cole after he got a better handle on his powers and got ~3 power ups from substations, making him much stronger.

That said, they're roughly above even in AP. Superman has the mobility advantage since he can fly, but Sasha can counter with her ranged attacks. Her bullets can be prematurely detonated as they're forming, but her shockwaves are pretty good counters to range spam.

Sasha in character would likely go for the tar takedown asap since she's always looking to add more bodies to her army. The issue is that she needs to get within a few meters to spew tar onto her target. One hit is all it takes since Cole was KO'd after a struggle with the tar during his first exposure and then built up a tolerance.

Superman really needs to keep his distance in this fight since getting up close puts him at great risk.

How likely is Superman to go into close combat? Cause if he decides to charge in he's getting tar'd 7/10. Sasha's no cqc master, but you don't have to be to catch someone off guard with a blast of vomit to the face when they're right in front off you.

If Supes keeps his distance, he can probably take the win since a lot of Sasha's attacks can be interrupted or dodged fairly easily, especially flight.

I watched Comicstorian's video on this Superman. From what I remember, he really loves Hand-to-hand.

Granted, he also likes to punch his opponent through the air and pummel them in the sky, so...

Well knocking Sasha around is certainly a good way to keep her from tossing tar around.

The issue is that Supes is gonna have to dash in to do that. This leaves him vulnerable to a tarring since he'll be moving toward the tar as its coming towards him, making it seem faster. Even if Superman can dodge the tar, Sasha still has a shockwave ready to send him back or stun him long enough to get that blast of tar in. She will be building up energy bullets during all of this that will home in on their target once fired.

If Superman peppers her with his heat vision while dashing in, he can maybe knock her off balance to get in safely, but Sasha can also be a mobile opponent when pressured. She usually teleports through her tar when being ranged spammed, does she have any tar pools in this situation?

Hm, well even then she can still dodge pretty well. Even while in a weakened state she can dodge gunfire from several shooters.

Supes' freeze breath can potentially hard counter the tar by freezing it, but he needs to react in time. It can probably even incap Sasha with a freeze breathe since she has no resistance.

It's a tough call. All Sasha needs is one bit of tar to land to end this, but Supes can counter via freezing and knocking her off her feet. Both have comparable AP and regen so it'll tough to put either of them down.

I'm still leaning towards Sasha. Even sending her flying with a punch to the face still means that he'll be putting some part of his body close to the splash zone.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the tar is running through her body. Any wound he makes on her risks exposure to the stuff.

I'm also going to side with Sasha here. Superman's style of fighting where he kinda just charges in means he could go headfirst into some tar. Even CQC is dangerous. His style of fighting seems to leave him more capable of being victim to Sasha's tar.

Just gonna note, Superman might actually scale above 60 Megatons, Parasite's feat of tanking a 30 Megaton Nuke was when he only had about 49% of Superman's powers. I'm not sure if that's how this works on this site, but if someone with 49% of his powers could take 30 Megatons, I'm pretty sure someone with 100% could handle 60.

Would the scaling chain bring her from 28 Megatons to 60? Also is Superman unable to just burn away the Tar with his Heat Vision, or blow it away with a puff of Super Breath? He's one of the smartest people on Earth, I doubt he's gonna let some random girl throwing tar at him hit him.

The scaling chain for here goes:

Sasha = Early Game Cole >>>>> Cole with less than 2 weeks of practice >>> Cole activating his powers = 28 megatons

So maybe not exactly 60 megatons, but not too far either.

He can do that, but he's gonna have to react to it in time, and from close quarters. Sasha can only spew her tar from so far, and with Supes dashing on for a punch, he's putting himself directly into the splash zone. Plus, he's not gonna be expecting this person to throw up on him, not something you usually see in a fight.

There's also the fact the tar is coursing through her body. Any split wound or cut will he causes will end up leaking the stuff, making physical contact with her a death sentence.

Though I'm just going to throw in the argument that Heat Vision blasting from his eyes it a lot quicker than someone lobbing tar, or just, breathe really hard. I'm honestly not sure but yeah you're probably right about Superman getting hit by Tar first, I'll wait for any more arguments before voting though.

Bump.

Also, just clarifying if nobody noticed. That red haired lady is supposed to be Augustine.

Back