• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fluffy Boi vs Bouncy Mon (Ralsei vs Igglybuff) (7-0-0) (Grace)

koopa3144

He/Him
  • Fight takes place in a Dark world
  • Chapter 2 Ralsei and Igglybuff are being used
  • Igglybuff is Female
  • Distance is 5 meters
  • Speed is equalized
  • SBA for anything else
Fluffy Boi: 7
0.50 Tons of TNT

Bouncy Mon: 0
0.62 Tons of TNT

Incon: 0

Last edited:
From playing Deltarune, I'd assume Ralsei leads with trying to Social Influence to Pacify/Spare Igglybuff. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Igglybuff....
RubyIgglybuff's vocal chords are not sufficiently developed. It would hurt its throat if it were to sing too much. This Pokémon gargles with freshwater from a clean stream.
EmeraldIts soft and pliable body is very bouncy. When it sings continuously with all its might, its body steadily turns a deepening pink color.
SunIt likes to sing but is not yet good at it. With praise and encouragement, it will get better little by little.
Ultra SunIt's always practicing its singing because it wants to improve. Even when it's asleep, it keeps singing in its dreams!
Ultra MoonLeft to its own devices, it will constantly practice singing. You should make it take a break so it doesn't hurt its throat.
SwordIgglybuff loves to sing. Its marshmallow-like body gives off a faint sweet smell.

Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range with moves like Sing.

This is problematic, because Extended Melee Range is 1 to 3 meters, so it needs to get somewhat close to Ralsei, & to approach.
GoldIt has a very soft body. If it starts to roll, it will bounce all over and be impossible to stop.
CrystalInstead of walking with its short legs, it moves around by bouncing on its soft, tender body.
SapphireIgglybuff has a soft and plushy body that feels very much like a marshmallow. From this body wafts a gently sweet fragrance that soothes and calms the emotions of its foes.
FireRedIts extremely flexible and elastic body makes it bounce continuously—anytime, anywhere.
MoonIt moves by bouncing along. As it moves a lot, it sweats, and its body gives off a sweet aroma.
ScarletIts body has a faintly sweet scent and is bouncy and soft. If it bounces even once, it cannot stop.

This issue is further compounded by SBA, & Ralsei's range.
Range: Tens of Meters (His attacks can reach great distances without physically touching the opponent), Hundreds of Meters with Magic (As a Darkner, the range of his magic should be comparable to the likes of Lancer)

Starting distance: The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers.

Because if you don't understand, Igglybuff's side of the fight goes something like this:

1. Igglybuff's in-character behaviour is to constantly, amateurishly (described as "not yet good at it".) sing, to the point it may do so with all of its might, such that its body turns a "deepening pink colour" (I assume this means it tries so hard it does something akin to going red in the face.) & can even hurt its throat from singing too much.

2. Because of Ralsei's range & SBA, Ralsei & Igglybuff start tens, if not hundreds of meters away from each other. (For what its worth, Speed is equalized to the lower, & that's Igglybuff's Transonic, which begins at 308.7 meters per second, so closing the distance could be done reasonably fast if that Speed rating applies to Igglybuff's Travel Speed. But if Ralsei also moves to stay out of Igglybuff's range, & since Speed is equalized....)

3. Igglybuff tries to approach so it can get within 1 to 3 meters from Ralsei & Sing at him. It's stated that it moves not by walking, but rolling or bouncing, & if it does either of those, it starts "bouncing all over" & will be "impossible to stop". Meaning Igglybuff almost certainly loses control of where it's going & fails to approach.

4. Said bouncing may also exert Igglybuff ("It moves by bouncing along. As it moves a lot, it sweats, and its body gives off a sweet aroma."), so this may exhaust it.

TL;DR - Tiny marshmallow balloon is put several times its range away from its target, tries to approach, immediately starts bouncing everywhere uncontrollably, almost certainly never gets into a position to Sing as it prefers to, may become exhausted after enough bouncing.

Meanwhile, Ralsei is overflowing with opportunity, since his tens of meters with Attacks & Hundreds of Meters with Magic range probably means he can do SOMETHING to Igglybuff while it's bouncing around & likely helpless, perhaps disoriented. (Unless it's used to uncontrollable bouncing, considering his happens so often. But its other behaviour doesn't suggest high mindfulness.)

At least Igglybuff might be a tricky target?

I forgot Darkners had Hundreds of Meters of range Distance is now 5 meters.
Ah okay. So Igglybuff just has to travel 2 to 4 meters, with Ralsei not moving away from it -Would he do this?- without starting uncontrollable bouncing, & then it sings.

Again, though, Igglybuff is described as "not yet good" at singing -& if you consider the move Sing's Accuracy statistic in gameplay....- so it's dubious how well it'll work, but....

Well, if Sing works, Ralsei falls asleep. Unsure if we'd have that as sufficient to Incapacitate him or not.

But it'd also be relevant if Ralsei would try to move away from it, given he can do his stuff from further away, but he also doesn't know why it's trying to approach him & his IC is to Social Influence or such, so IDK if he'd be averse to the approach.

Plus, Igglybuff has a seemingly passive Empathic Manipulation via Fragrance Manipulation. (That may be related to its sweat.):

SapphireIgglybuff has a soft and plushy body that feels very much like a marshmallow. From this body wafts a gently sweet fragrance that soothes and calms the emotions of its foes.
MoonIt moves by bouncing along. As it moves a lot, it sweats, and its body gives off a sweet aroma.

Though IDK how relevant that'll be if that's restricted to the same 1 to 3 meters Extended Melee Range as its other stuff. But if Ralsei is in range of the fragrance, being calmed might dissuade him from moving away.

So yeah, I guess that part comes down to Ralsei's behaviour & if Ralsei being put to Sleep is a win for Igglybuff.
Otherwise, may need to debate what Igglybuff does after Ralsei falls asleep, if it hasn't won as a result of that.

I think I will vote raisel

He would see igglybuff tring to sing and simg him self to try pacifing It. This basically mean raisel would use lulluby, making igglybuff fall a sleep eventually.

Sinse igllybuff is stated to be to have trouble singing I can see raisel putting It to sleep more times them not

He would see igglybuff tring to sing and simg him self to try pacifing It. This basically mean raisel would use lulluby, making igglybuff fall a sleep eventually.

Sinse igllybuff is stated to be to have trouble singing I can see raisel putting It to sleep more times them not
Counted!

Annoyed that my somewhat extensive analysis from earlier in this thread is seemingly disregarded....

But I don't have much confidence in Igglybuff to begin with. Unless it accidentally bounces away & out of range from Ralsei while trying to approach him -Which I'd unironically say is a very real possibility- it could go into range of Ralsei singing. IDK if it'd hear him over its own singing, though.

Tentatively voting Ralsei for now.

Annoyed that my somewhat extensive analysis from earlier in this thread is seemingly disregarded....

But I don't have much confidence in Igglybuff to begin with. Unless it accidentally bounces away & out of range from Ralsei while trying to approach him -Which I'd unironically say is a very real possibility- it could go into range of Ralsei singing. IDK if it'd hear him over its own singing, though.

Tentatively voting Ralsei for now.
Nah, I readed everythig you said and got to this conclusion, to me It seens like the most likely conclusion

Hmmm. See Igglybuff trying to sing is part of the argument for Ralsei.
But that means either Ralsei is a lip-reader, or he's in range of Igglybuff's Sing, no? In the latter case, that means he falls asleep.

Back