• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist of the North Star Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a member of the calc team accepted my calc that boosts the series AP and Durability by a good chunk. All that's left is to figure out scaling.

Here's how it goes, at least from what I've figured:

Pre-Timeskip

Also, just for reference, when referring to 100% mode, I am talking about the Hokuto Shinken technique Tenryü Kokyü Hō, which is explained here. Basically, humans in the Hokutoverse normally only use 30% of their strength. This technique allows someone to access the other 70% percent. This technique is displayed whenever Ken starts charging up and his muscles grow to the point where they rip his shirt, which means he's going all out.

Jagi: Large Island level+ (can injure his own body, scarred his chest with the 7 stars of Hokuto, survived a nuke that created a massive explosion visible from space)

Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken): Large Island level+ in base (could easily injure Jagi in base mode), Small Country level in 100% mode (Jagi was completely helpless against Ken when he went all out, could barely even scratch his face)

Toki (Hokuto no Ken): Large Island level+ in base, Small Country level in 100% mode (comparable to Ken, could fight evenly with Raoh despite being terminally ill and weakened, before becoming sick, was eligible to become the successor to Hokuto Shinken)

Raoh: Large Island level+ in base, Small Country level in 100% mode (same reasoning as Toki, fought evenly with Kenshiro)

Ryuke: Large Island level+ in base, Small Country level in 100% mode (stomped Raoh in their fight, only lost due to his sickness)

Shin (Hokuto no Ken): Large Island level+ (could contend with and injure base Ken, but failed to do any serious damage when he went 100% and was stomped)

Rei (Fist of the North Star): Large Island level+ (could contend with base Kenshiro)

Souther: Small Country level (was considered by Raoh to be one of his greatest enemies, easily defeated Base Kenshiro in their first fight, made Ken go 100% in their final fight, survived a few attacks from 100% Ken), it should also be noted that he can ignore durability with Tenshō Jüji Hō, as it lets him turn intangible and glide through his opponents defenses, and tear them apart

The other Nanto users (Yuda and Shu) should scale to Rei and Shin and Base Ken

Post Time-Skip

Falco (Fist of the North Star): Small Country level (could contend with 100% Kenshiro, was stated that if he and Raoh had fought, both would have died)

Han (Fist of the North Star): Small Country level (could easily injure Base Kenshiro, 100% Ken was barely able to edge out a victory)

Hyoh: Small Country level (Could contend with a serious Kenshiro, comparable to Han)

Shachi: Small Country level (Could injure Hyoh, albeit through a sneak attack, survived several bloodlusted attacks from Kaioh in their first encounter, though he was fodderized by him and his horse in their next encounter [explanation below]), at least Small Country level when possessed by the Orginal Hokuto (Could briefly contend with Base Kaioh, who stated that the statue was giving him strength and fighting for him

Kaioh: at least Small Country level in Base (easily stronger than Shachi, Falco, Hyoh and Han, defeated 100% Ken while in Base in their first encounter [however, he did rely on Ken falling out of Muso Tensei due to the space sickness brought on by Anryu Tenha, and was slowly weakening him by sapping his ki]. In their second fight, Seals Lifted Kenshiro notes that Kaioh's base was stronger than when they last fought. Likely Country level in 100% mode (Went 100% in his fight with Seals Lifted Kenshiro, who also went 100%.

Seals Lifted Kenshiro: at least Small Country level in Base (received a boost in power from interacting with the Hokuto Soke stone, which has shown to boost power through Shachi and Kasumi Kenshiro (Kenshiro's uncle) who was stated to be strong enough to one shot enemies who used to be comparable to him after interacting with the stone, demonstrated this in his bout with Yasaka, Kenshiro absorbed fighting ki from the stone, which later made Kaioh curious to see how much stronger he had become. Could contend with a Base Kaioh, who was stronger than when he had stomped his previous 100% and people who were comparable to his previous 100%), Likely Country level in 100% (was eventually able to defeat 100% Kaioh, could survive several bloodlusted blows from a 100% Kaioh).

Also, assuming that his Post Seals Lifted Base (30% Strength) = Pre Seals Lifted 100%, that means that his new 100% comes out to:

7.3 teratons, or borderline Country level

Seeing as how Base Kaioh stomped 100% Kenshiro and Shachi (who could injure Hyoh who could contend with 100% Ken), it isn't too far fetched.

Blue Sky characters

Kasumi Kenshiro: Large Island level+ in Base (should be comparable to his brother, Ryuke, performed this feat), Small Country level in 100% mode (should be comparable to his brother Ryuken).

Post Initiation Ritual: at least Small Country level in Base (Could casually oneshot enemies who used to be comparable to him after interacting with the Hokuto Soke stone, was stated to be much stronger than before, should scale to his nephew Kenshiro after lifting the seals, as they both performed similar rituals and are successors to Hokuto Shinken), Likely Country level in 100% (should scale to his nephew)

Liu Zongwu: Large Island level+ in Base, Small Country level in 100% (could contend with Kasumi Kenshiro)

Speed

The verse currently gets its speed ratings from two calcs:

Raoh's cloud splitting feat (which results in Mach 178.6)

and

Liu Zongwu's Micrometer dodge (which results in Mach 856.17)

So, applying the 30% and 100% ratings to this, this results in:

Base Kenshiro and everyone who scales: MHS (Mach 178.6 or Mach 856.17, it isn't really clear which calc is used for scaling)

100% Kenshiro and everyone who scales:

MHS+ (Mach 2853.93, based off Liu's calc)

MHS (Mach 595.3, based off Raoh's calc)

So, it depends on which calc we use for scaling (I believe we use Liu's calc, as Kenshiro is scaled to Kasumi Kenshiro, which makes sense, as he was trained alongside Ryuken, who went on to train Jagi, Toki, Raoh and Kenshiro).

Also, by using those results for Post Seals Kenshiro and Kaioh (and Hokuto Possessed Shachi I suppose):

Post Seals Lifted Base Kenshiro, Base Kaioh and Hokuto Possessed Shachi:

MHS+ (Mach 2853.93, based off Liu's calc)

MHS (Mach 595.3, based off Raoh's calc)

Post Seals Lifted 100% Kenshiro and 100% Kaioh:

Sub-Relativistic (Mach 9513.11, based of Liu's calc)

MHS+ (Mach 1984.44, based of Raoh's calc)

Tell me what you think

Seems fine to me but Souther's should say Small Country and Kaioh's should say Small Country as well.

Did Ryuken beat Raoh at his best, though?

Fixed the Souther thing, but can you explain some more about the Kaioh thing (he did stomp the likes of Shachi, who could harm Hyoh, who was = 100% Ken and > Han.)

Ryuken, while he was weakening from old age and sickness, easily blitzed and stomped Base Raoh while he was in Base. The only thing that saved Raoh was Ryuken having a sudden heart attack mid-attack.

Was it stated that Kenshiro was only using 30% of his speed when fighting Raoh or that Kasumi did the same when fighting Liu?

The Raoh feat was performed when Raoh was half dead and extremely low on energy (he had actually dropped out of 100% iirc), and in both their fights, they both started in Base, and made their way to 100%, as shown by their powering up and increase in muscle mass.

Liu's feat was done when niether had powered up, and before Kenshiro had gotten serious and used Soryu Tenra. Right after Liu dodges, they engage in a high speed battle, and then proceed to go all out.

Well, if we do not have an exact number for how much slower they were than their maximums, I do not think that we can use such estimations.

But both feats were done when both characters were in Base form, and Raoh was severely injured when he did his feat.

Okay, and their bases are defined as 30% of full power? Does that mean 30% of full speed as well?

Yes given that in 100% mode Kenshiro can fight on par with characters who can casually outpace his 30% state (I.E. Souther, Kaioh)

Well their "Base" in this case is just them using 30% of their full strength, as all humans in the Hokutoverse (as explained by Kenshiro) can only access that amount.

The technique Tenryü Kokyü Hō let's martial artists (particularly those in the Hokuto schools) access the other 70% of their strength, letting them use 100% of their strength.

So since the speed feats were done either in Base (30%) or in a weakened state, their full speed should be higher in 100%.

Yeah, I agree with what you say, plus Jagi's page should be updated with his feat of surviving the nuke.

Btw, Shin should also have in his rating the fact he one shot BoS Kenshiro who was already superior to Jagi

Also, Juza of the Clouds should be High 6-C for fighting with Raoh

Well in their next encounter, Base Ken did fairly well against Shin, and then fodderized him in 100% (Shin was only barely able to pierce Ken's hand, whereas Ken's punch basically blew up Shin's hand and continued to clock Shin right in the chest and send him flying).

Does Juza have a profile?

@PTS If you remember Shin had lost his will to live because he had given away Julia but that's besides the point, he should indeed be comparable to Base Ken.

I dunno man

I meant Kaioh in base. Says Small Island level.

@Promestein

What do you think of the speed statistics?

I'm not super comfortable with using the 30 / 100% to scale up speed, as the technique refers to strength, not speed. That being said, there's definitely a speed boost there, but it'd probably be better to leave it unquantified.

Maybe we could use "At least..." instead?

Okay. You can write a list of the exact titles of the pages that need to be temporarily unlocked then.

Okay. I will temporarily unlock them. Tell me here when you are done.

Also, make sure to not use the visual editor, and to make an effort to handle the grammar and structure of the edits in an appropriate manner.

Also, for future reference, here is how you should write such lists for my script to be able to handle them:

Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken)

Jagi

Raoh

Ryuken

Toki (Hokuto no Ken)

Kasumi Kenshiro

Liu Zongwu

Rei (Fist of the North Star)

Shin (Hokuto no Ken)

Souther

Yuda

Shu

Amiba

Falco (Fist of the North Star)

Han (Fist of the North Star)

Hyoh

Shachi

Kaioh

@PTS

No problem. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back