• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist of the Blue Sky abilities

Yo, so I've recently been reading Fist of the Blue Sky, a prequel to Fist of the North Star (both are really great reads, highly recommend you read them), and I've seen some pretty impressive abilities used that aren't listed on the wiki. I haven't finished FotBS yet, but here's what I've seen so far

Hokuto Shinken users should get:

Sleep Manipulation: Kasumi Kenshiro, a user of Hokuto Shinken, uses a pressure point technique to put a room full of guards to sleep (no not like that :mad:. He also puts another guy to sleep with a pressure point. Puts Erica to sleep with a pressure point

Mind Manipulation or Mind Control: Kenshiro makes a corrupt priest answer all his questions

Uses a pressure point to help a woman regain her memory

Makes a ma confess his sins

Makes a ma drink a bowl of spit (gross)

Manipulates a mans memories and somehow learns his name

Makes a ma confess against his will

Copies Tai-Yang's mind control technique (More on that later)

Makes it so Lou Hu-Cheng can't say his name without blowing up. He says his name

Power Mimicry: Ken acknowledges the existence of the Suieishin technique, which lets him copy any technique during a fight. The technique was established in the original Fist of the North Star run by Kasumi's Kenshiro's nephew, Kenshiro, this just solidifies its existence as a standard Hokuto Shinken technique.

Precognition or Instinctive Reaction: Ken describes a technique that counters a technique that focuses on dodging attacks via subconscious reflexes.

Can "smell" murderous intent. Does it agai

Resistance to Ki Manipulation: Ken resists having his energy pulled out. Also reversed the flow of Ki to push back Lin-Wang's (also known as Máng Kuángyún) arm.

Heat Resistance: Ken could easily fight aboard a burning ship with no problem, a weaker Hokuto student easily withstood high flames (see below)

Knows a technique that easily lets him hold his breath for at least 10 minutes. It is an essential technique for all schools of Hokuto, so should apply to all Hokuto users.

Possible Death Manipulation or Biological Manipulation: Basically causes a guy to die by activating pressure points that had been tapped a day before. He comes back to life after he stops. All Hokuto Shinken users are regarded as "Gods of Death"

Resistance to Clairvoyance/ Low level Precognition:

The Taoist states that he cannot read Ken's destiny, and that it is because he has the ability to change his fate because he is a man of Hokuto. The Taoist then gives Ken a coin, stating that chance and wishing can allow one to change their destiny. He then shows off his status as "the wise old man" of the series by basically telling Ken that he knows of his status as a man of Hokuto, even though they just met.

The Taoist also makes several appearances (so far into my reading at least) and every time, regardless of who he's talking to, he always seems to have an eerily high amount of knowledge and understanding of what's going on (understanding the importance of the stars in relation to destiny and Hokuto arts, instantly knowing everything about a person only having just met them, granting people's wishes (extended Ling-Wangs life/destiny), having a ghost like presence (he can only be seen by certain people, Ken talked to him in a bar, and the bartender didn't even see him, despite the fact that he was sitting right in front of him, can bypass master martial artists defenses and render them immobile with a touch, Ken often wonders if he's even real) and can predict people's "journey of fate" (predicted Ling Wang's death, sensed Yu-Ling's death/destiny).

He is definitely well informed in the ways of fate reading and mysticism, so he clearly knows what he's talking about.

Hokuto Sonkaken users should get:

Ki Manipulation: Kenshiro describes the martial art as the art of ki manipulation

Lin-Wang (Máng Kuángyún) uses it to channel energy out of Kenshiro and weaken him. Also doubles as Power Nullification?

Blast's Kenshiro with a wave of ki

Telekinesis(?): Lin-Wang (Máng Kuángyún) uses his ki manipulation to drag a guy's brains out of his head, without breaking ski

Bends utensils without touching them

Twists and shatters a sword without touching it

Colonel De Giese, another master of Hokuto Sonkake, curves a bullet midair

Sleep Manipulation: Lin-Wang (Máng Kuángyún) uses his ki manipulation to put a guy to sleep

Resistance to Pressure Point Attacks and Body Control: Lin-Wang (Máng Kuángyún) changes the shape of his skull and explains that Hokuto Sonkaken allows him to control his own pressure points

Ken theorizes that Lin transforms his real body, and even causes his scent to change. Ken is a rather educated man (he can read, memorize and copy entire books in seconds, knows several languages, knows dozens of poisons, is a university professor and has a photographic memory), and his sense of smell is phenomenal]

Explanation of the pressure point transportation technique

Ken tries and fails to hit Lin's pressure points

Kuang-Yun's master attempts to erase his memory via pressure points, it doesn't go well. At all

However, a major weakness to the Pressure Point Transference technique is that there are pressure points that are simply fixed in place

Another explanation of the weakness

Memory Manipulation: Kuang-Yun erases Yu-Ling's memories of Kenshiro (a repeating action in the Hokutoverde) Kuang's master was also gonna erase his memory.

Hokuto Sokaken users should get:

Mind Control: Zhang Tai-Yan uses a technique to turn a ma into his puppet. The mind controlled guy tries to assassinate Giese agonist his will

Telekinesis:

Resistance to Pressure Point Attacks and Body Control: Ken theorizes that Tai-Yan knowns about the pressure point transference technique Tai-Yan later proves this theory correct

Can do this with his arms

Possibly Matter Manipulation: Did this to a guy, notice how only his body was vaporized/disintegrated. His clothes are fine

Precognition or Instinctive Reaction: Same reason as Ken above, though slight different, focused on Kiken (read scans)

Heat Resistance: A weaker Hokuto student could withstand high flames for an extended period of times. Only died due to self inflicted wounds

Keep in mind folks that I'm only on chapter 115. There are 260 chapters in total, so I'm bound to get more stuff.

To be fair, only the Hokuto Shinken techniques would scale to Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) and the other Hokuto Shinken brothers, as it's more likely than not that they've all been taught the same techniques and use the same pressure points

The other Hokuto arts listed would only scale to Kasumi Kenshiro, as he is the only one to have witnessed the techniques, and as far as I know, Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) has never used Muso Tensei to harmonize with Kasumi Kenshiro's soul and use his techniques.

Honestly, at this point we could probably give Hokuto Shinken it's own page like we do with The Force, as there's just SO MUCH you can do with it, which includes, but is not limited to, One Hit Kill, Healing, Statistics Amplification, Status Effect Inducement, Existence Erasure, Intangibility, Power Mimicry, Power Nullification, Durability Negation, Resistance Negation, Mind Control and probably plenty of other stuff that I'm forgetting.

Point is, Hokuto Shinken is broken.

Honestly, if his pressure points still work on his Dragon form, then even if Acno is in his 6B form, Ken could probably still take it with Hokuto Shinken alone, as there are several techniques that focus on destroying the body via pressure points, not raw strength (there are pressure points that destroy muscles, reduce people's strength to a fraction of what it was, reduce iron hard muscles to the firmness of a pillow, take away people's ability to breathe, take away sight, and many more)

He has techniques that let him hit pressure points from a distance, can use something as small as a hair pin to hit someone's pressure point from afar, can leap/glide large distances, his toki no aura can be used as hands that extend farther than his arms, and iirc, he used his telekinesis to activate a pressure point technique, though I think that was anime only.

He can also just use his telekinesis to drag Acno back down (there's a calc that put his physical lifting strength at Class M, which his telekinesis strength should be equal to or greater than that, though I can't find it now)

He could also use his spatial manipulation to distort Acno mid air, which could lead into dozens of other techniques.

He also has numerous ranged ki attacks.

Damn, alot more broken stuff for hokuto brothers, precisly what they deserve for being such badasses.

I just grew velcro like chest hair..... And I'm only 14.

This certainly was.....

A shock.

Also, think of this thread as a work in progress, as I am still reading through the series, and I've been told that there are still more juicy techniques to come.

Idk, time-space stop, rage and fear inducement, mind manipulation, absorption, and the fact that his unique physiology most likely makes him immune to pressure point techniques makes it seem one sided.

Also, there's the fact that Kenshiro won't get a majority of what's on this list, as he never fought any of these Hokuto arts users, and most likely never learned Tai-Yang's form of mind control. His uncle is the one getting the boost

Updates:

•Switched "Resistance to Fate Manipulation" to "Resistance to Clairvoyance/Precog," because I realized that the former was really reaching and stupid. This new edit makes more sense.

•Edited the bit of Instinctive Reaciton/Precog, as it turns out that Ken uses a Hokuto Shinken technique that counters the technique that Tai-Yang was using, Kiken, which focuses on dodging attacks through subconscious reflex. Ken claimes that this is just a casual feat that any adept Hokuto Shinken user can accomplish. So basically, Ken can casually counter instinctive reaction. Hokuto Shinken >>> Ultra Instinct :)

That's definitely just Instinctive Reaction.

Kenshiro has precog anyways, and a bunch of that other stuff, like the memory manip and power mimicry.

This is for Kasumi Kenshiro and the other characters who appear in Fist of the Blue Sky, who either don't have these abilities listed or don't have a profile.

The Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) you're thinking of is the guy named after this guy, who is also his step-uncle.

Also, it's been described as a counter to what we consider Instinctive Reaction.

I'm aware of that. I've read HNK. A lot of these things will apply to Kenshiro, is all, and he already has a bunch of them.

That doesn't mean it's precog.

My bad, forgot you were apart of the HNK discussion. But Ken still doesn't have Sleep Manipulation, Mind Control, Death/Biological Manipulation, and Instinctive Reaction, Resistance to Ki Manipulation (well, it's kinda covered by the Seals Lifted key), so this is just an addition + check list of what both Kens should and shouldn't get.

Reason being is, a lot of these will only go to Kasumi Kenshiro (such as Body Control), as he is the only one to have witnessed the techniques being used.

Some of the abilities Kenshiro has wouldn't scale to his uncle, cause some of them he got after witnessing them in a certain fight (telekinesis, wind manipulation, cellular cutting and regen negation are the first to come to mind), so we should be wary of ability scaling here.

With this thread, I'm basically noting down which abilities Kasumi should get for himself for having witnessed them (pressure point resistance, ki draining resistance, telekinesis, etc) so we don't have arbitrary ability scaling.

Understood. Well, that seems fine to me.

I'm still iffy on the matter manipulation bit, seems a bit vague, but I am still reading through, so I'll wait before making a final decision on that, same for clairvoyance resistance.

Everthing else seem good?

Just finished Fist of the Blue Sky.

I f****ing loved it. The Initiation Ritual was beautifully executed, and I was delightfully confused the whole time it was going down. Ending was a bit abrupt for my tastes, but it gave pretty decent closure. We got a ton of lore for the Hokutoverse though. Grudge might hate me for saying this, but I think I like Kasumi Kenshiro more then Kenshiro. I'm sorry, he's just too goofy and charismatic for me to put him below his perpetually stoic nephew.

Anyway, expect more updates in the future, and maybe a downgrade if I'm understanding this technique correctly.

Just FYI, there is gonna be a new adaptation of fist of the blue sky April 2018. One of the main reasons why I myself did not finish the manga.

Well Prom already noted that Ken has a lot of this stuff in some way really. Unless it's not explicitly noted for some, wouldn't hurt to also add it i guess.

Also, they should have resistance to fire manipulation/attacks given that even in just the main story, Ken (mainstream one we all know) and Raoh both displayed as being not affected by at least normal fire and shit. Like Raoh facing one of Yuria's(?) general when he put himself on fire and bear-hugged him only for Raoh to be perfectly fine. Same when he put his hands in some fire pot only for him to be just fine again. And i believe Grudge actually had scans of Ken taking on flamethrower bursts or going through a wall of fire without being harmed albeit that's post-timeskip/Raoh but still. That should be put on there since last i recall touching them, they were taken off.

Yeah, though like I said earlier, this is kind off a addition to Hokuto Shinken abilities + a checklist to see which Ken should get what, as there are some abilities that they don't share.

I do plan making a big thread for later updates (maybe a blog if it gets too cluttered), but it's gonna be awhile since I'm dealing with school stuff atm

Though, I will try to add stuff from the gaidens if I get the chance. (Just finished Jagi Gaiden. Highly recommend. Offers tons of backstory and lore. It also somehow makes you feel sympathetic towards the most vile antagonist in the series somehow. Really great and emotional read. Also, Jagi tanks a nuke, which produced a mushroom cloud this big. Notice how it overshadows the skyscrapers next to it. Said explosions could also be seen from outer space. So may prove to be a notable feat.)

The other gaidens are pretty short from what I've heard, so I'll see if I can get through them quickly.

Fair enough.

I have actually read the series too just as much as Prom and Grudge have, although i don't normally keep check of the series abilities as much as i do with the characters so this is good that some or stuff being presented here has been brought up.

Really, all the Hokuto Shinken brothers are getting is Instinctive Reaction, Sleep Manipulation, Biological Manipulation/Death Manipulation, Mind Control, and Resistance to Clairvoyance and Ki Draining

Though, after watching Jagi taking a nuke to the face (which is honestly the least horrible thing to have happened to him), and walking away unscathed (unlike his brother Toki), I'm inclined to say some of the Hokuto brothers should get resistance to Radiation Manipulation

The rest of this list is to note which abilities Kasumi Kenshiro should get, as well as to help fix up the other profiles (some of them send me to a non-existent page).

That sounds satisfying enough.

Also, i think the nuke one is something we kind of had it calc'd or whatever and whatever happened, it didn't get passed through enough or whatever. That and back then, it was thought up as an outlier or something back when Ken was like....Low 7-C or whatever. Though by current tiering, it's really not that much of a stretch for Ken to harm his brother who can take a nuke and walk away from it perfectly. But resistance though, hmm? That's new.

Do you think I should put in a calc request?

Reason I'm asking is cause the feat looks like it could be higher than the top feat of the verse (Kasumi Kenshiro clearing out all the clouds over China), and Jagi is one of the weakest Hokuto brothers (the second Kenshiro got serious in their fight, he wiped the floor with him), so it'd be weird for him to have a durability feat that's higher than everyone.

I'm surprised by how low it is. Though, I don't understand why they said the nuke went off on the mountain, because a) that's where the Hokuto dojo is, and when Jagi went back to confront his father, the place was fine, and b) there's nothing that really indicating that it blew up far away from Jagi. The only thing we see is Jagi acknowledging a sound (most likely the bomb falling) and a bright explosion covering him (explosion appears to happen close in front of him).

The explosions were visible from space and appeared to take up a few hundred kilometers

Back