• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

First calculation need help

Find the volume of the destroyed material, multiply by basic v.frag for the materials in question.
Do it individually as its each thing is obviously comprised of various things like steel, iron, concrete depending on the piece.

Find the volume of the destroyed material, multiply by basic v.frag for the materials in question.
Do it individually as its each thing is obviously comprised of various things like steel, iron, concrete depending on the piece.
Is there anything else I need to know?

Not really, that's the most basic and straightforward way to do the feat and almost certainly the most accurate way to get the yield.

You just get the volumes of the pieces, multiply by v.frag (Reduced to tiny pieces of debris and shrapnel, very blatant example of violent fragmentation). You just need those two things, once you get the V.Frag destruction of all the pieces, you add them all up to get total power for the RPG.

It looks 8-C to me, and scaling isn't that straightforward but that isn't to say it doesn't scale to some degree.
But obviously it needs to calced and then crosschecked with other feats for consistency (It being a cinematic feat gives it some extra leeway though). That all comes later tho.

It looks 8-C to me, and scaling isn't that straightforward but that isn't to say it doesn't scale to some degree.
But obviously it needs to calced and then crosschecked with other feats for consistency (It being a cinematic feat gives it some extra leeway though). That all comes later tho.
Alright I'll get to calcing it now

What pixel scaling application should I use?

I use basic ass MS Paint, but any that gives you, well, the pixel count and what not should be fine.

it looks like it might have been vaporized
?

now that i watch it again there are very tiny bits but its definitely not all of the rubble with how few there are, most of it had to have been at least pulverized, but i feel like it could be vape cause its an explosion, what do you guys think

It's violent fragmentation. In fact it's probably one of the most explicitly solid cases of it I've ever seen in any media.
Anyway,
Here's a half assed tutorial on MS paint ig.
For MS Paint. Obviously you get the screenshot you want to use.
For example this.
amogus.png

test_px1.png

You then go about, well, pixel scaling it, using the tools above, most usually the line tool.
You then get the pixels of the line/lines/whatever.
I outlined in red where it indicates, the green line in question is 1px vertically, but 37px horizontally, you'd use that as the length of the impact there for example.
As mentioned, 37px is the line horizontally, but the number next to it is the lines px count vertically, obviously this changes and you'd have to go with the proper one.

Now, given it's scaling, you need a point of reference to scale off of. That orange line there for example, let's say it's 5m tall and 200px (Because I forget to write it down and don't remember what the actual pixel count or height was oops).
Now you can use that thing's height and pixel count to get the diameter of that impact.

Assuming you don't know how or can't do basic math in your head, you can just use basic division, which might be best, obviously there's math shortcuts but I aint your teacher.
Divide the pixels.

200px/37px = 5.4054054054054054.

That's the difference between the two in length, the 37px line is 5.4054054054054054x smaller than the 5m long 200px line.
Thus.

5m / 5.4054054054054054 = 0.9250000000000000009m.

That green line is about 0.9m wide.

The opposite is true, if you're scaling something larger than the object of reference, you'd multiply instead.

idk, i dont see any rubble in the video except for as the explosions happening and its only a handful of little bits that couldnt possibly make up the entirety of the pieces of rubble, you cant even see any bits on the ground after the explosion clears

V.Frag is used when things get reduced to pebble-esque debris like that.
It's pretty blatant v.frag. And there's no signs of vapor or steam. At best you could argue some of it was pulved.

It's pretty blatant v.frag. And there's no signs of vapor or steam. At best you could argue some of it was pulved.
Can you give me the step by step guide now? If it's not too much to ask

yeah, but theres so few bits of rubble some if not most of the debris wouldve had to have at least been at least pulverized

I personally use Paint.net. Compensates for angles, even blurts out the pixel lines' length accurately to a T.

Do you have the metal gear D exploding calc that gets snake or hrsy fox to 8-B?

There's a calc of a MG exploding that's 8-B, total, but divided it's like 8-C given how many bombs it took, you talking about that?
That needs to be redone anyway, it uses pulv, a tad sus for a MSX game.

There's a better feat to calc for that game anyhow.

There's a calc of a MG exploding that's 8-B, total, but divided it's like 8-C given how many bombs it took, you talking about that?
That needs to be redone anyway, it uses pulv, a tad sus for a MSX game.

There's a better feat to calc for that game anyhow.
're calc it and send it to me I found some interesting stuff that can get snake to 8-A

Back