• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Firestar reistance removal

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
So Firestar has resistance to Fear Manipulation for being around the moonstone when Tigerclaw was scared away in Into the Wild.

This is heavily retconned cause it never happens again(The Moonstone was visited repeatedly by hundreds of generations of medicine cats since there were even Medicine cats), even with the exact same key of Tigerclaw later at the time of Rising Storm off-screen.

Keep in mind, Tigerclaw has apsolutely no difference between Into the Wild and Rising Storm other than how long he's been fighting.

Last edited:
Which verse? Or at least link to characters?
Forgot

Warriors lmao

If I am getting this right, he has fear hax resistance for being near this moonstone. But since the feat aspect of moonstone was a thing only once in lore, you want to get rid of it? Sorry, I am just a bit confused here

If I am getting this right, he has fear hax resistance for being near this moonstone. But since the feat aspect of moonstone was a thing only once in lore, you want to get rid of it? Sorry, I am just a bit confused here
Yeah, it only happened once and is contradicted when the same character goes to it with no issues at the same level of power

This is heavily retconned cause it never happens again(The Moonstone was visited repeatedly by hundreds of generations of medicine cats since there were even Medicine cats), even with the exact same key of Tigerclaw later at the time of Rising Storm off-screen.
Medicine Cats often have deep spiritual connections with StarClan and locations tied to it. It absolutely makes sense that they wouldn’t have any trouble in the Moonstone’s presence. There’s no retcon

Medicine Cats often have deep spiritual connections with StarClan and locations tied to it. It absolutely makes sense that they wouldn’t have any trouble in the Moonstone’s presence. There’s no retcon
And the same Tigerclaw who faked a sign from Starclan and, most importantly, wasn't a clan leader with nine lives at that point? Unless we want to argue Runningnose/Medicine cats have auras of some kind that prevent that kinda thing

And the same Tigerclaw who faked a sign from Starclan and, most importantly, wasn't a clan leader with nine lives at that point? Unless we want to argue Runningnose/Medicine cats have auras of some kind that prevent that kinda thing
I don't see what you're trying to argue. Tigerclaw faking signs has nothing to do with this

I don't see what you're trying to argue. Tigerclaw faking signs has nothing to do with this
The cat that was scared off was Tigerclaw in Into the Wild. Tigerclaw in the middle of Rising Storm goes to get his nine lives and has literally no issues. That's my main point

The cat that was scared off was Tigerclaw in Into the Wild. Tigerclaw in the middle of Rising Storm goes to get his nine lives and has literally no issues. That's my main point
Alright. But consider the following:

A) Tigerclaw could've built up more courage to resist the effects of the Moonstone by the time he became a leader. This isn't really a bizarre concept for a book series about supernatural cats
B) There's no signification that Tigerclaw faked his reaction here. Whenever a cat does fake something related to the supernatural, the authors are always very clear about this. During Into the Wild, they put a lot of detail in describing Tigerclaw's reaction as genuine

Alright. But consider the following:

A) Tigerclaw could've built up more courage to resist the effects of the Moonstone. This isn't really a bizarre concept for a book series about supernatural cats
B) There's no signification that Tigerclaw faked his reaction here. Whenever a cat does fake something related to the supernatural, the authors are always very clear about this. During Into the Wild, they put a lot of detail in describing Tigerclaw's reaction as genuine
A) When and Where could this have happened, considering we know a lot of Tigerclaw's activities even during Rising Storm, and we never see him training courage.
B) Considering this is like a moon, if that, after he killed Redtail, I think Tigerclaw had a lot of reason to fear Starclan as this is when Tigerclaw was actually still spiritual.

A) There was a lot of off-screen activity from Tigerclaw. Even with the manga that shows his lead up to returning to the mainline story, it's not as if we knew everything he was doing after he left ThunderClan
B) This is a good point, but Bluestar says "I think Tigerclaw was surprised by the power of the Moonstone. In the world above, Tigerclaw is a fearless and mighty warrior, but down here, where the spirits of StarClan speak, a cat needs a different kind of strength." That said, this isn't a bad argument point

A) yes, but none that could've squeezed in never-implied courage training, also I can reread Tigerclaw's Fury right now and tell you about where it ended(Basically Runningnose getting ready to immediately travel to the Moonstone with Tigerclaw), and I'm about 99% sure one of the guides(Not Cats of the Clans I just checked) has Tigerclaw shit-talking Runningnose in the Moonstone’s chamber
B) then we're at an impass, we're both think both ours and the other's points in B are good lol

Back