• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

To be fair, the followup FAQ basically said that the Death Battle team agree Heroes and Engage, and the general cross scaling thanks to the multiverse, are more than likely valid...it just wasn't nessisary to get their point across so they didn't want to over complicate it.

...they also implied they want to avoid fights where Heroes and Engage's scaling is relevant unless absolutely nessisary.

So basically they said: "Heroes is canon and we don't like that."
Oh yeah, they did. I think I remember asking about it on the Discord too, and their answer was basically the same (granted, I don't think they realized that Engage would allow for Heroes scaling, but the main researchers weren't the ones answering my questions since they weren't there).

I'm also being reminded...I was working on a Heroes profile for Rennac as a meme/joke when he was first released because "haha, this niche character is actually 2-A"

But that was before all our revision agreements. I suppose when we get around to it I can use that as a template for a canon Rennec profile...

I'm also being reminded...I was working on a Heroes profile for Rennac as a meme/joke when he was first released because "haha, this niche character is actually 2-A"

But that was before all our revision agreements. I suppose when we get around to it I can use that as a template for a canon Rennec profile...
I think it's hilarious that Kent of all people is 2-A/1-C, and I hate and love it. I think it'd be great to make a profile for him as a joke.

(I don't have anything against Kent, he just shows up too much in my rolls, and I can never remember who is who among the GBA lance-wielding cavalry. The only reason I'm picking on Kent is because he's the only one whose name I can remember right now).

It's... very odd, indeed.

Totally mundane characters having matchup potential with other 2-A's and very likely Tier 1s, yet just being 'high fantasy' characters without too much remarkable beyond that.

It's... very odd, indeed.

Totally mundane characters having matchup potential with other 2-A's and very likely Tier 1s, yet just being 'high fantasy' characters without too much remarkable beyond that.
It's great, and very dumb.

People aren't ready for Donnel in swim trunks to solo their favorite verse.

Same, Nice to meet you, I'm somewhat new and still getting my bearings on scaling and yea it's funny 2-A Wrys is a thing
Nice to meet you, too!

Scaling is pretty weird, but it's fun.

Yeah, 2-A/1-C Wrys is top tier comedy (and I also hate it because that man will not leave me alone when I roll for characters in Fire Emblem Heroes).

Oh, on a side note, I mentioned the Engage cast scaling to Heroes via Veronica on the Death Battle Discord, and a lot of people told me it was an outlier. I thought that was a little weird, but eh, that's their opinion and they're free to have it.

Oh, on a side note, I mentioned the Engage cast scaling to Heroes via Veronica on the Death Battle Discord, and a lot of people told me it was an outlier. I thought that was a little weird, but eh, that's their opinion and they're free to have it.
Was also told that a while back. It can’t really be an outlier, since Veronica would either be the only 1-C character in Engage, or she would be downgraded to 5-B or whatever, and neither really make sense.

Basically, saying that it’s an outlier is saying that Veronica shouldn’t scale to herself.

I think they moreso meant why we don't backscale Heroes to the 'main timeline' keys.
Mostly because Heroes displays feats that are so far above the rest of the franchise that they’re better off as their own keys. Also Heroes can become stronger and gain new abilities as a result of being summoned, as seen with Arcane Grima.

Was also told that a while back. It can’t really be an outlier, since Veronica would either be the only 1-C character in Engage, or she would be downgraded to 5-B or whatever, and neither really make sense.

Basically, saying that it’s an outlier is saying that Veronica shouldn’t scale to herself.
I think technically even without Veronica some of the 2-A stuff should already work for Awakening world and Fates lore because of Anankos so most of them Emblems should still be high up there for comparison

Last edited:

I agree, it didn't really make sense. There was also that statement of Sombron having infinite power, but I think they kind of threw it out, which I guess is fair since it was just a statement (but it has a good amount of stuff backing it up).

The other debate I saw was whether or not the DLC was canon (the consensus from what I can tell is that it's canon), which I thought was just... strange.

I think there was also a debate about whether or not the Emblems have the same strength as their normal counterparts, which I think the consensus ended up being, "yes."

I agree, it didn't really make sense. There was also that statement of Sombron having infinite power, but I think they kind of threw it out, which I guess is fair since it was just a statement (but it has a good amount of stuff backing it up).
Yea it's probably a hyperbole, since not a lot of context is given.
The other debate I saw was whether or not the DLC was canon (the consensus from what I can tell is that it's canon), which I thought was just... strange.
No reason it shouldn't be canon. The DLC characters are probably gonna make their way into FEH sooner or later, either way.
I think there was also a debate about whether or not the Emblems have the same strength as their normal counterparts, which I think the consensus ended up being, "yes."
The existence of Emblem Alear kinda disproves this, since it's been consistently stated that Alear became much stronger as a result of becoming an Emblem.

Also, the Emblems would have had to become stronger, otherwise all of scaling in FE kinda just breaks, since the Emblems are all implied to be more or less comparable to each other. As a result of that, everyone would scale to everyone, and it would just be a mess.

People treat canon for different series weirdly, I think there's a lot stigma against Heroes because it's a Mobile Gacha Game even though it's directly considered a mainline game and canon, But people also treat things like the Castlevania Judgement as mainline canon without a second thought but when it comes to Heroes I see a lot of people firmly against it

People treat canon for different series weirdly, I think there's a lot stigma against Heroes because it's a Mobile Gacha Game even though it's directly considered a mainline game and canon, But people also treat things like the Castlevania Judgement as mainline canon without a second thought but when it comes to Heroes I see a lot of people firmly against it
Yeah, it's pretty weird. I think it's just because of the (honestly, pretty fairly deserved) stigma around mobile games and especially gacha games.

Yeah, Sigurd is like way OP compared to Leif; especially with his Holy Blood.

In their own narratives, especially when certain weapons come into the picture, Lords within their own shared games tend to have some sort of difference in power (Sigurd/Leif, Ike/Micaiah Lyn/Hector, Lucina/Chrom, Dimitri/Edelgard/Claude/Byleth)

Engage's narrative puts the emblems in the same ballpark, with mentions of a 6v6 being an even fight or comparing Veronica to Hector in the Fell Xenologue

Yeah, Hector is like so strong, he compared Eliwood and Lyn's sword strikes to rain drops. And Ike is officially the strongest FE lord besides maybe some Heroes characters + Alear.

Back