• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem: Champion's Sword [DOWNGRADE] - What is wrong with you people? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheoth

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Temple
Where to begin...

I read this story a few years ago and decided to read it again for old timesake. When I finished, I came here, naturally, to see if we had any pages on the unique characters who appear only in the manga and not the games. Sure enough, Al, the protagonist, had a page, which seemed pretty accurate for the most part, but then I saw it...
This downgrade will pertain to the only 2 characters of this manga on the wiki. Mainly focusing on Al, and by extension, Audamorze. If you look closely at their pages, you will find the usual formatting, complete with the standard sections like Powers and Abilities, Classification, Galaxy level Attack Poten-... Wait... that can't be right... Galaxy level? In Fire Emblem??? I mean, sure this is the manga, and it doesn't exactly pertain to the games, but still, there is a lot wrong with this. In short, the profiles involve either a lot of reaching, assumptions, and/or gross misunderstandings about the end of the story. I'll do this downgrade by going through the last key on Al's page, feat by feat:

1. "Destroyed Audamorze's dimension"

This is simply untrue; or at least, untrue in the sense that it somehow warrants a 3-C rating. The sca in question used on his pages only shows the white light enveloping the dimension once Al returned the Champion's Sword to the Arch Dragon. This misleads the reader into believing that Al can therefore destroy galaxies or dish out galaxy level attacks with his sword, which is just wrong on many levels. The main problem here is assuming that the dimension was straight up destroyed, and even worse, that Al somehow destroyed it using his own power, which is also wrong. The last page of the manga states that Al simply "dissapeared in the resulting light" with no mention of the dimension actually being "destroyed," or Al even being the cause of it. However, if that doesn't satisfy you, then just go back several pages to see the actual event taking place. Better yet, I'll do it for you: As you can see, after striking away the last apparition of Audamorze, Al then sees the Arch Drago (or what remains of it) in person. Next, he very explicitly "RETURNS" the sword to the Arch Drago (as the sword was made of the bones of the Arch Dragon), which THEN, results in the afforementioned "light" flooding the dimension, very calmly and non destructively too, if I might add.

2. "which contained" "a Galaxy that was dwarfed by the rest of the dimension"

So, looking at the next 2 hyperlinks, since they both cover the same thing, I am not amused. Not. One. Bit. It is important to note: All the stars shown in the background of these scans are gone and never seen again by the very next page. What to make of this, I leave up to you. Frankly, I am not convinced that it was entirely... Well, real. It wouldn't make any sense within the context of the story for the Arch Dragons to have entire dimensions full of real galaxies and other heavenly bodies residing within them. Also, something very similar to this event also happened earlier in the manga, when Al was dying due to OD'ing on the Fire Emblem's power. He met the spirit of Archsage Athos and- *GASP* what's this? Another galaxy? Maybe, I was wrong about the stats... Maybe... they were right... after all?

Nah just kidding, this one is gone on the very next page too, never to be seen again. It seems to be some alternate plane where Athos' soul resides, but is very clearly not space with billions of stars floating around in it. Point in case, the "mystical" outer space realities that infrequently appear in the manga should not be taken in an overly literal manner, just based on the fact that it wouldn't make any contextual sense for them to be the real deal.

3. "Oneshotted Audamorze with the same attack"

Uh... I'm sorry? Which same attack? You mean this same attack that supposedly "destroyed the dimension"? You know, the same attack which is definitely the same as this attack, and can't even really be considered an "attack" in any sense of the word. Yeah... I'm not really following. I don't know if the page is trying to convince you that this is what supposedly destroyed the dimension, but it doesn't really hold true considering that the light didn't appear for another 6 pages after he returned the sword, and just wouldn't make much sense in general.

Now, I will move on to Audamorze. But I should warn you, this will not be easy to disprove, as there is a wealth of feats from the manga that show Galaxy level power from him, and I will have to fight tooth and nail to discredit even a single one of his feats...

4. Audamorze:

He doesn't have any feats of such a magnitude, and the ones listed on his page are beased solely off of Al. Moving on.

Bonus: Powers and Abilities!

Only 2 things that need to be addressed here:

Firstly, the minor resistance to sealing is incorrect. He didn't resist the Sword of Seals sealing ability, but rather when he was transforming, his body was growing faster than the sealing could keep up with. It still didn't stop him from being fully sealed in the end, however, so it is not much of a resistance.

Second, his Low-Godly Regenerationn. This is a bit of a stretch as well. The page implies that he reformed over the course of 2 years after the dimension was destroyed. However, based on the final page of the manga, he seemingly reappeared out of nowhere after 2 years as if nothing ever happened. Also, the regen would again imply that the dimension was destroyed, and Al destroyed along with it, which I already explained earlier why that is not the case. Hell, it even makes my earlier points more legitimate since he appeared out of nowhere with no apparent damage at all. So what is the more likely of the two: that the dimension was destroyed and Al reformed using some kind of regenerative power he has never shown at any other point in the story, or that when the light enveloped the dimension, it spit him out 2 years later completely unharmed for whatever reason. OR, MAYBE HE REALLY IS GALAXY LEVEL AND JUST SURVIVED THE EXPLOSION WITHOUT A SCRATCH

Conclusion:

Al is not Galaxy level. Audamorze is not Galaxy level. If you disagree with anything I've said, tell me to my face below.

~Fin~

[Also, any jokes I've made regarding the page or the logic behind the page are simply that: jokes. I'm not trying to make fun of whoever made the pages or gave them their current stats, I just wanted to make this less boring. So no hard feelings!]

Welp, I didn't write that page.

I'll just be here to provide input once JSW gets on here.

I think that this seems to make sense.

I'm not familiar with that manga, either, so I'll wait for @JustSomeWeirdo

I can't pull up the pages arguing to remove Minor Resistance to Sealing, so I can't personally advocate for that

Everything else, having looked through? Yes, I approve of these revisions.

ThePerpetual said:
I can't pull up the pages arguing to remove Minor Resistance to Sealing, so I can't personally advocate for that
Everything else, having looked through? Yes, I approve of these revisions.
Here they are. I know that website can be a little wonky sometimes.

Also thanks for the input.

I was thinking about removing that resistance for a while now, just haven't got to it because I'm lazy it only seems like the Binding Blade's sealing just isn't that good imo

I'll get to the rest in a bit if I don't go to bed

I'm awaiting Antvasima's response before I get on with the edits.

Reppuzan said:
I'm just wondering if we should scale Al to Roy for fighting Zephiel.
Possibly. Though in the manga, Roy and Al were getting royally beaten by Zephiel because he possessed both Exacchus and the Sword of Seals, and when the tide was seemingly turning, Al got sealed. It's basically a huge mess is what I'm trying to say, and manga Zephiel doesn't have a page, so it would be a bit skewed to scale Al to game Zephiel.

Good point, given how different the manga is from the games.

High 7-C should be fine then.

I've finished the appropriate edits. This thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back