• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Find Your Flame!: Taranee Cook vs Blaze the Cat (Game) (0 - 0 - 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Been looking for a match for Taranee and remembered Sonic characters got a 2-A key so why not Blaze?

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • 2-A Versions (Magical Sovereign Taranee vs Burning Blaze)
  • Standard Battle Assumptions for everything else.

Taranee Cook:

Blaze the Cat (Game):

Inconclusive:

TaraneeNewPower1_%28Enhanced%29.png
IDW_Burning_Blaze.png

Blaze isn't the type of Characters that go off to the other side of the universe to attack, so I don't think that's a factor.
I agree with that. In fact most Sonic character's are like that. The issue is if Blaze figures they need range to gain an advantage they can just attack from universes away. At the very least they can escape her planetary or whatever range for her other stuff.

I agree with that. In fact most Sonic character's are like that. The issue is if Blaze figures they need range to gain an advantage they can just attack from universes away. At the very least they can escape her planetary or whatever range for her other stuff.
well, personally i think she will only go a few tens of kilometers at most but that's my thoughts.

So what this girl can do?
She has telepathy/mind reading that has planetary range that she has used to hear the thoughts of others so she'll know what Blaze will do when she thinks it. While she can't harm Blaze with her standard attacks or fire based ones, Taranee can tune her magic to attack the targets conscious so she can bypass invulnerability. And like Blaze, Taranee resistances heat/fire based attacks, but her body also passively absorbs it and amplifies her overall power. Lastly her sense of smell can smell things in completely different universes and detect danger so she can follow Blaze sent if she decided to move out of Taranee's planetary telepathy range unless she travels several universes away and range spams before Tarane decided to even move. Other than that, Taranee's reality warping and other powerful hax is out of character.

That's pretty much all that Taranee would do unless the fight lasts so long she figures she needs to bust out something else. Though Blaze has good counters to several of Taranee's abilities.

Does she have any answer to Blaze's Burst Dash?
  • Burst Dash: Blaze crouches on the floor, using her pyrokinesis to build up speed and momentum before rushing forth as a fiery tornado.
As I already mentioned, Taranee not only has resistance to fire/heat but her body instinctively absorbs it on contact and it empowers her, she can even absorb it from a distance like she did the heat from the sun over the mountain area. Blaze's fire/heat based techniques get countered by Taranee's absorption abilities. She'd also known when it's about to happen because of telepathy.

• Burst Dash: Blaze crouches on the floor, using her pyrokinesis to build up speed and momentum before rushing forth as a fiery tornado.
As I already mentioned, Taranee not only has resistance to fire/heat but her body instinctively absorbs it on contact and it empowers her, she can even absorb it from a distance like she did the heat from the sun over the mountain area. Blaze's fire/heat based techniques get countered by Taranee's absorption abilities. She'd also known when it's about to happen because of telepathy.
That's not the part of the ability is was referring to. I was referring to the fact hat Burst Rush is a 54x speed amp (should be noted in the speed section).

That's not the part of the ability is was referring to. I was referring to the fact hat Burst Rush is a 54x speed amp (should be noted in the speed section).
The ability says it "uses her pyrokinesis to build up speed". Which is why I mentioned the fire/heat absorption, mind reading/danger sense, because if Blaze is using her fire to buff her speed then logical if Taranee absorbs the fire, Blaze won't gain a speed boost. Unless that ability is worded wrong in the techniques section. If so, Taranee has no real counter for the speed blitz unless she immediately uses something out of character like reality warping before Blaze uses it.

Last edited:
The ability says it "uses her pyrokinesis to build up speed". Which is why I mentioned the fire/heat absorption, mind reading/danger sense, because if Blaze is using her fire to buff her speed then logical if Taranee absorbs the fire, Blaze won't gain a speed boost. Unless that ability is worded wrong in the techniques section. If so, Taranee has no real counter for the speed blitz unless she immediately uses something out of character like reality warping before Blaze uses it.
I honestly don't remember how it works. I think she runs in place while her feet are on fire and then after she starts running that's when the amp applies itself? I know she also has another move that amps her speed by 54x. Can't remember what it was called tho

If the amp has nothing to do with the fire then I guess Blaze stomps since Taranee can't really do anything against a blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back