• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove it doesn’t count lifting strength. Especially when Galuf pushes back the Crystal’s power when he fights back Exdeath in the forest.

@XXKINGXX69 The visuals show it, can you give a better argument instead of repeating the same thing? If you can’t then I don’t see the reason to leave this thread open as I’ve already addressed your points for the 12th time.

You literally admit they get amped with power, their Lifting strength would scale as a result given the Crystals are capable of doing that.

When the **** are the sprites remotely an argument? They are not accurate to what the actual size of a character is given you have Golbez tower over everyone in boss form but he’s in the same size as Fusoya when he’s a good guy.

@Da_Lunge_Fish What ******* argument is that? It’s literally in outer space and flies past numerous stars to crash into the planet. Your handwave is a massive false equivalence.
Em, no. Lmao. The meteor is simply closer to the camera than the stars, that's why it appears to be so far away. If it was so far away, we won't be able to see it cause of size. Yes, me waving my hand across the sky is equivalent. My hand appears to go past numerous stars cause it's much closer to my eyes. Same with the meteor.

Except that the clip 5 seconds prior you see a money shot of meteors coming from deep space with no visible sight, why does everyone seem to have a habit of ignoring this part?

the lights flying past the last meteor says otherwise. Unless you can prove those aren’t actual stars it’s flying past.

Ok so this is a troll comment, not gonna entertain this argument anymore.
Dude wtf. This is a genuinely bad argument you’re using and you’re also putting on that condescending, high and might mask for potential counter arguments. Nothing proves meteors fly past the star, they just appear as twinkles in the sky, that’s it. They just are closer to the camera, if they were light years away we wouldn’t see them

You literally said "we don't see them flying" when you literally see the meteors do just that in the entire animation. If you have to say that as an actual counter argument to something so blatant in your face then you have to be trolling with me or not watching the same video as me. That's all I have to say on the matter, if there's nothing new brought to the table I'll close this thread soon since Infinite Speed FF14 is gone.

Reopening this.

There are several things on which I agreed with the OP and other staff members have too. Also, Glass, you need to calm down a little. Most of your points do not make sense to me. And removal of infinite speed was not the only thing that was agreed upon.

Before this thread is closed, I would want more opinions on the meteor feat, because from what I can see, it is definitely not flying past stars. The visual is perspective only and any visual of a jet or spaceship flying would be the same. I am also not seeing any good justification for omnipresence. I was also clear on the heat, ice and electricity thing.

And people have also disagreed with immeasurable lifting strength but I guess that should be discussed in another thread since it seems like a topic of its own.

I am not sure how this thread can be closed abruptly without making those accepted changes.

Yes, for meteor feats, it's just unreasonable. All we see is them being twinkles in the sky. That is absolutely not a justification for them being lightyears away, as they can easily be just closer to the camera. If anything, it throws the possibility of them being that far out of the window, as they are way two small to be seen from such a distance

@AKM sama Do you want to give an argument as to why it doesn’t make sense because you haven’t responded to my comments beyond “this is common”. With no proof.

I already addressed your Ice and Fire and Lightning argument, you didn’t respond to it at all and more people agreed with me in the end. And how is it perspective only when you literally see it in space before it starts flying into the planet, with different light sources flying past Meteor on top of that.

A handful of people agreed with removing Immeasurable LS, more and more people agreed with me in the end so that doesn’t really hold any water at this point.

The accepted change that everyone didn’t mind was Infinite Speed, that was already agreed upon, the rest was not agreed upon to be removed at all.

@Da_Lunge_Fish And what are the lights flying by the last meteor to you then? Not actual stars flying by? Because you still haven’t remotely proven it’s not actual stars being flown past.

And what are the lights flying by the last meteor to you then? Not actual stars flying by? Because you still haven’t remotely proven it’s not actual stars being flown past.
It’s a matter of perspective anything coming from outer space would look that way
Also it is no where near the stars lol
It’s like saying earth is near the stars just cause we can see them around earth
And again it was just used to show the meteor speeding up from space
You have more to prove that the meteor is as far as the stars when we see he stars look that far away from it

I already addressed your Ice and Fire and Lightning argument, you didn’t respond to it at all and more people agreed with me in the end
Responding to it doesn't mean you've debunked it and you're right. Again, that is how natural heat and electricity works. We aren't about to give sub-atomic manipulation to every heat user. It doesn't matter if the ability is explained as "this guy can heat stuff" or "this guy can transfer energy to electrons in the form of heat", at the end of the day it is the same thing. The process not being explained doesn't mean it is following some other magical process that we are unaware of. As long as it is not mentioned, we assume the process is as per our understanding of science, which is the case here. I don't think there is anything else on this point to respond.

And how is it perspective only when you literally see it in space before it starts flying into the planet, with different light sources flying past Meteor on top of that.
I already explained it. See here how the stars move in the background when it is a closeup shot. If you're not getting that, then I don't know what to tell you.

A handful of people agreed with removing Immeasurable LS
I think some of the staff members present here, except yourself, are in agreement of removal or didn't say anything.

the rest was not agreed upon to be removed at all.
You're the only staff member in against from what I can see. Efi and Matt also agreed on some other things, besides myself.

@AKM sama Do you want to give an argument as to why it doesn’t make sense because you haven’t responded to my comments beyond “this is common”. With no proof.

I already addressed your Ice and Fire and Lightning argument, you didn’t respond to it at all and more people agreed with me in the end. And how is it perspective only when you literally see it in space before it starts flying into the planet, with different light sources flying past Meteor on top of that.

A handful of people agreed with removing Immeasurable LS, more and more people agreed with me in the end so that doesn’t really hold any water at this point.

The accepted change that everyone didn’t mind was Infinite Speed, that was already agreed upon, the rest was not agreed upon to be removed at all.

@Da_Lunge_Fish And what are the lights flying by the last meteor to you then? Not actual stars flying by? Because you still haven’t remotely proven it’s not actual stars being flown past.
Do you think that if you see something flying past these stars here, they're massively ftl+?

Just a heads up, there is a way to ang size the stars in the background to compare/contrast to the meteor moving while also ang sizing that meteor.

I already explained it. See here how the stars move in the background when it is a closeup shot. If you're not getting that, then I don't know what to tell you.
These are both false equivalents by virtue of these are both circling an area or the earth's atmosphere which is an entirely different context than Meteor which is entering from Space.

@AKM sama the process is explained, they project what’s in their mind onto reality, that’s one of the basic things about magic in final fantasy, this isn’t science shit where they’re following rules. They don’t transfer heat, they literally control the electrons of the target.

Are they in actual outer space or is it some random wonky dimension? Because I need the full context of that scene given what others have told me.

literally only you and DDM mentioned anything about the LS, Eficiente only commented on omnipresence and he agreed with me in the end.

Matthew is not a staff member anymore so he doesn’t remotely count.

@XXKINGXX69 what are you even saying here? You’re not making any sense at all.

@DarkDragonMedeus are you able to calc that?

These are both false equivalents by virtue of these are both circling an area or the earth's atmosphere which is an entirely different context than Meteor which is entering from Space.
Im not talking about the space station circling the globe. I'm talking about if you see something in outer space in the background here

The first one is also people fighting at space. It's not a false equivalency, it's just an example to show perspective.

the process is explained, they project what’s in their mind onto reality, that’s one of the basic things about magic in final fantasy, this isn’t science shit where they’re following rules. They don’t transfer heat, they literally control the electrons of the target.
Okay, I can see how that would work then. So just to make sure, through their spell, they are first increasing speed of the electrons, which ultimately produces heat? If that is the case, then I see no problem with it and I'd disagree with the OP.

literally only you and DDM mentioned anything about the LS, Eficiente only commented on omnipresence and he agreed with me in the end.
I am undecided about lifting strength matter, but I really do not see anything justifying omnipresence.

Matthew is not a staff member anymore so he doesn’t remotely count.
He is retired admin, his sense of judgment counts as much as an admin.

Yes, that’s how the spell works, hell that’s how nearly any spell in final fantasy works given the extended lore.

Did you read the arguments about how Enuo’s existence is one with the Void? And his death caused the collapse of the Void in the process? Something that’s not possible if you weren’t one with the Void to begin with? Because that’s proof for omnipresence.

The dude who went into a BlazBlue thread and agreed with Ultima arguing for tier 1 BlazBlue while also saying he disagrees with tier 1 BlazBlue isn’t the guy I’d say has the best sense of judgement here, especially when he only says yes or no and doesn’t elaborate.

Yes, that’s how the spell works, hell that’s how nearly any spell in final fantasy works given the extended lore.
Then I am fine with them having it.

Did you read the arguments about how Enuo’s existence is one with the Void?
I did. And I didn't understand how exactly he is one with the void.

And his death caused the collapse of the Void in the process?
If this is the reason for him being one with the void, then this isn't sufficient. This just means he has some control over it. For example, some characters can make structures and dimensions or whatever and those things collapse when they die. Some characters don't even make them, only stabilize them. But that doesn't mean they are one with it, or they are omnipresent inside it.

The dude who went into a BlazBlue thread and agreed with Ultima arguing for tier 1 BlazBlue while also saying he disagrees with tier 1 BlazBlue isn’t the guy I’d say has the best sense of judgement here, especially when he only says yes or no and doesn’t elaborate.
I would appreciate if you drop the rude attitude. You've already been rude to Eficiente on this thread. I don't like this kind of behavior.
I can also say something like "someone who doesn't get perspective and thinks that meteor is flying past stars doesn't have a good sense of judgment", but that wouldn't be appropriate. People can make bad decisions too, they can show bias at times, nobody is perfect.

He literally gets engulfed by the Void and his existence became part of it given he’s at best shown to be a spirit in the game with no body. And he tells the cast how they finally understand his existence after explaining what the Void is.

This man thinks becoming a part of the Void = one with the whole void. He said understand "my existence here" which is too vague to mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back