• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 7 Fix Part 3: Hax and The Power of the Lifestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think using brute force to destroy a pocket dimension is really spacial manipulation

Or, it could be, but not in the same sense as causing spacial warping to negate someone's durability as is implied here via granting spacial manipulation resistance across the board

It isn't really BFR if you're changing the battlefield as opposed to actually removing an opponent from it.

4D magic, it's doubtless that the lifestream at large and whatnot are at least some degree 4D in mechanism, but as per individual users, it is a little bit iffy

but DMC has way worse reasons so I'm not that strongly inclined to argue against it, I think it's fine enough
since summons make their dimensions, can that count for spatial manipulation?

I don't think using brute force to destroy a pocket dimension is really spacial manipulation
If Sephiroth is destroying the space itself then yes it sort of is by default
It isn't really BFR if you're changing the battlefield as opposed to actually removing an opponent from it.
It's stated that summons drag opponents into their dimensions though

Eh

Yeah that ultimately just is what happens, space breaks apart after everything is destroyed

It also drags the summons themselves into said dimension, so it's not BFR in the sense that the enemy isn't unable to fight you because they've been sent to a far off location

technically they're removed from the battlefield they were previously in and thus you could say it's indeed, battlefield removal but that wouldn't help in a versus match

I mean, eh?

I guess?

But that would be a power of the summoner and even then I question it's efficacy, considering the summon might not be near the summoner's level per say

We had a previous CRT that proves anyone who can summon any creatures are comparable to said summon. One of the evidence is a lore statement of how summoning works and how you NEED to be stronger than the summon in order to use them properly, otherwise they’ll go berserk and attack anything.

Yes, the summoner has to be stronger but what stops say, Ifrit from being oneshot if Cloud pulls them out in his 3-B key, which by proxy just results in the opponent getting back onto the battlefield immediately

... which doesn't really stop the BFR from being a thing but still

That would just be a weakness of the summon based BFR then. And even then I could argue that it can and would work on anyone physically weaker than Cloud and his summons and has no way to get past his summons.

Or, it could be, but not in the same sense as causing spacial warping to negate someone's durability as is implied here via granting spacial manipulation resistance across the board

4D magic, it's doubtless that the lifestream at large and whatnot are at least some degree 4D in mechanism, but as per individual users, it is a little bit iffy

but DMC has way worse reasons so I'm not that strongly inclined to argue against it, I think it's fine enough
so for knights destroying their space, it negs defenses in gameplay. Dont know if that helps.

About 4d, what would you propose for individual users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back