• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fight for the best Half-Elf Sorcerer (Rireak vs Valayar) (0-3-0)

Rireak Wilorin vs Valayar Fireborn

Ground Rules:
  • Valayar Fireborn's 1st Key is used
  • Speed is Equal
  • Neither have any prior knowledge
  • Fight takes place on an old wooden ship in the middle of the ocean (Something like this)
  • Valayar starts on the 1st level of teh ship while Rireak starts on the 3rd level of the ship
  • Neither knows where the other one is, just that there's someone else on the ship trying to kill them
Rireak is >13,875,254.8301 Joules and has 190.5kg LS
Valayar is 8,118,935.25254 Joules and has 149.7kg LS

Rireak has a >1.71x AP advantage and a 1.27x LS advantage

Who Wins?

Soldier with PTSD: 0 ()
Decendant of a Primordial: 3 (Faruel1998, Volt12121, ThePrimalHunter)
Both roll Nat 1s: 0 ()
zanword__half_elf_sorcerer_by_khadarsensei_ddpwwnd-fullview.jpg
dd9b198a04b4c754896e54cb36a9531f.png

(Give the green cloak guy a beard and that's more-or-less what Rireak looks like)

Last edited:
Even though Rireak Wilorin looks cooler by me, by looking at the pages Valayar Fireborn seems to have more broken abilities, more of them +even greater tier. So Valayar Fireborn in strength I guess.

Even though Rireak Wilorin looks cooler by me, by looking at the pages Valayar Fireborn seems to have more broken abilities, more of them +even greater tier. So Valayar Fireborn in strength I guess.
Do keep in mind, we are only using his first key for Valayar. Rireak has the edge in AP, and arguably skill as well, although I don't know too much about Valayar

What does Rireak lead with? And would it be possible to get Valayar's creator to get their standard tactics as well?

What does Rireak lead with? And would it be possible to get Valayar's creator to get their standard tactics as well?
Rireak ususally leads with illusions and/or blinding his opponent before spamming ranged attacks

And lucky for us, Valayar's creator is an active user on the site, so he won't be too hard to contact at all

As the creator of Val, it's a tough thing to know on what he starts with since I hadn't played him in years.
But the most likely thing he would start with is guiding bolt.
Also i have looked at the things of his contender and I have to admit he's quite versatile but I lean more on Val due to his ability of healing and Probability Manipulation due to favored by the gods.

Favored by the gods can defo help him, but isn't it only useable once before it needs to recharge? altought it could help him ignore the first blindness coming his way

Well you see, by standards dnd resistances he resists blindness by default.
It all boils down to the DC of both, which is a common rule in DnD matches on vs battle to take 10 by default on things like saves and attacks.
Iirc Val had a DC of 15 since he started with 20 Cha.
So unless Rireak has a 20 on almost all of his stats (with the exception of Con and Cha due to proficiency), he will never save against Val spells.

Yeah i know they've got resistance to blindness by default, but that's cause of DC, not that they can't be affected by it (Otherwise all spells in dnd that require DC would never work) so what about the opposite? can Val save against Rireak's spells minus the first one thanks to favoured by the gods?

He had a Con of 16, which makes him resist to spells with at least a DC of 15.
Iirc, his stats were 12 Strength, 18 Dex, 16 Con, 16 Int, 14 Wis and 20 Cha.

Rireaks stats are as follows:

Strength is 14, Dexterity is 15, Constitution is 13, Intelligence is 14, Wisdom is 14, and Charisma is 14

1 small problem though is that when I made Rireak's profile, I didn't really treat him like a D&D character. I just treated him like a regular OC, and didn't include all of the other D&D stuff like "Standard D&D Resistances" and such. The only exceptions were for stuff like his LS, but other than that I didn't pull from his character sheet that much when making him, and for the D&D characters in my most recent campaign, I'm not pulling from their character sheets at all, and I'm only using feats they preformed in the story.

Idk if that will effect the debate at all or if I just explained all of this for no reason, but either way, I wanted to mention it

Also btw, Rireak does have stealth mastery while Valayar doesn't so its possible Rireak could start out with a sneek attack, as he would likely want to stealth his way around the ship and would likely find Val first due to that

Stealth is his advantage, but will not help him much considering that Val can recover from his attack with healing as well bombing him with spells, powered by his metamagic that Rireak will not be able to surpass the save.

I am voting for Val, his higher stats compared to those of Rireak gives him the advantage considering that by the application of "taking 10 as base" on save and stuff for Resistances, the mercenary with his overall score will not be able to surpass the DC save of the divine sorcerer, while Val with his own will be able to shrugg off most of if not all the control spells of Rireak.

I am voting for Val, his higher stats compared to those of Rireak gives him the advantage considering that by the application of "taking 10 as base" on save and stuff for Resistances, the mercenary with his overall score will not be able to surpass the DC save of the divine sorcerer, while Val with his own will be able to shrugg off most of if not all the control spells of Rireak.
Vote counted. Time for the FRA train to start up

Also technically Rireak has higher stats due to AP, but being slightly stronger isn't about to save him from his spells getting resisted

Back