• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fight for the 4th strongest High 8-C: D (VHD) vs Toujou Karuna

Hmm... Even tho Toujou has time manipulation which would give him an advantage, I don't see how he can put down D for good

Brunout said:
Hmm... Even tho Toujou has time manipulation which would give him an advantage, I don't see how he can put down D for good
Kinda doubt it would work if i'm honest.

D exists outside the Akashic Records (Records that include all of time)

Even disregarding that he has a separate feat of him ignoring a Hill's time manipulation (Slowed time to a point where it took a 10 hour hike to climb it, despite it being only about a 60 foot slope.)

Brunout said:
Is instantly stealing all of D's abilities a viable option?

DontTalkDT said:
Brunout said:
Is instantly stealing all of D's abilities a viable option?
No. He resists power null and power mimicry due to Akashic Immunity.

It's not powernull, though, it's power stealing.

He would at minimum have to resist a particular kind of powernull to resist that. WHich kind does he resist?

AogiriKira said:
D exists outside the Akashic Records (Records that include all of time)

Even disregarding that he has a separate feat of him ignoring a Hill's time manipulation (Slowed time to a point where it took a 10 hour hike to climb it, despite it being only about a 60 foot slope.)
Akashic Records thing sounds like questionable extrapolation.

Resisting time slow Ôëá resisting time stop. Time stop resistance is technically much harder.

I'm going with D. He resists everything that Toujou has to offer, and one good cut with his sword would kill Toujou since D in 8-C tier can already negate low-godly Regenerationn

Brunout said:
and one good cut with his sword would kill Toujou since D in 8-C tier can already negate low-godly Regenerationn
Does it negate healing via reversing time?

"Akashic Recrods thing sounds like a questionable extrapolation" How so? It's literally stated multiple times to contain all of time space in creation. D even has Acausality Type 4 for this reason.

Furthermore D has another pretty ridiculous Space-Time resistance feat (Lefty caused a dimension to implode which caused chaos across the timeline, erasing jack the ripper from history and an alpha class blackhole from reality, as well as atomizing D's horse while D himself just shrugs it off.)

Not going to debate the whole Time Slow vs Time Stop thing, because I agree with you there. But D has resisted far higher Time based shenanigans still.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Voting D via passive fear, paralysis, empathic and ice hax, Low-Godly+Low-Godly Regen Negation, various immortalities, and analytical prediction.
Uh XD. Just going to clarify that Ice Manip feat is VERY liberal if i'm honest and it's not very combat applicable. It just makes the air around him feel very cold.

This fight:

D: "..." Exist

Toujo: "Shit mate, it's chilly as **** in here, but you kinda cute ngl."

AogiriKira said:
"Akashic Recrods thing sounds like a questionable extrapolation" How so? [...]
I mean, I don't know the verse, but the Akashik Records sound to me like some cosmic record that contains or manipulates the world. In which case being outside of it might mean resistance to the record, but it's not like he is outside of everything in the records, right? Like he does still interact with the world, can touch things and be touched by things etc. right?

If so I don't see why the default assumption would be that he doesn't interact with time, i.e. that a change in time flow can't be a change to him.

If he were outside of time by being outside the record he would basically also be Immeasurable in speed, no?

That sounds like a spacetime resistance feat, but not necessarily something that would indicate time stop resistance, though.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Voting D via passive fear, paralysis, empathic and ice hax, Low-Godly+Low-Godly Regen Negation, various immortalities, and analytical prediction.
So he has passives? If he has passives he probably stomps, unless they all fall under resistance. Is the empathic & fear stuff non-magic based and an incap to anybody without supernatural resistance?

His passives can incap yes. His empathic manip can make people (Including men) swoon over him, and his paralysis and fear can incap as well (Paralysis speaks for itself, fear makes you so scared you can faint). Whether its through magical means is not stated however (Although its implied his Aura is physiological), and his empathic manip comes mainly from his sheer good looks.

"Being outside of it only means resistance to the records" No not necessarily. Non Record powers have been used on D that are capable of similar results to it but on a lower scale, and D is able to resist even then. I believe it was even touched upon him having these resistances on throughtout the novesl, do to being immune to the records.

Swoon over him to which extent? Karuna has literally beat up girls he likes to keep them as pets afterwards, so if it is just some attraction that doesn't necessarily help. Paralysis should be resisted due to abnormal status resistance.

So he has 2-C resistance to anything in the records then? Wouldn't that make his durability higher due to resisting blunt force on the level of the records, since it is part of the records?

DontTalkDT said:
Swoon over him to which extent? Karuna has literally beat up girls he likes to keep them as pets afterwards, so if it is just some attraction that doesn't necessarily help. Paralysis should be resisted due to abnormal status resistance.

So he has 2-C resistance to anything in the records then? Wouldn't that make his durability higher due to resisting blunt force on the level of the records, since it is part of the records?
Makes them swoon to the point they think they are being drawn into his eyes, and in alot of cases fall in love with him.

And no it wouldn't make his durability higher. It would give him resistances to the abilities of the Akashic Records, but it isn't like a book you can whack someone with and instantly dish out 2-C damage.

Which wouldn't necessarily incapacitate Karuna then, IMO. What's the fear stuff like? Like Haki in One Piece or better?

I still disagree, but since a bunch of his resistances seem to use that as reasoning, it's probably more appropiate if I eventually to a CRT on that instead of debating that here.

DontTalkDT said:
Which wouldn't necessarily incapacitate Karuna then, IMO. What's the fear stuff like? Like Haki in One Piece or better?

I still disagree, but since a bunch of his resistances seem to use that as reasoning, it's probably more appropiate if I eventually to a CRT on that instead of debating that here.
The fear stuff makes you too scared to move and faint as a result.

Yeah, but does it need supernatural resistance to endure or can it be resisted by being very brave / have a strong will / be comparable in power?

DontTalkDT said:
Yeah, but does it need supernatural resistance to endure or can it be resisted by being very brave / have a strong will / be comparable in power?
I would say no. Some nobles who are able to resist the auras of other nobles, weren't able to withstand D's aura. (In his full Vampire form he even induced fear into a mindless machine, which shouldn't feel fear in the first place.)

Well, if it also is non-magical than I vote for D as well, via fear aura.

DontTalkDT said:
Well, if it also is non-magical than I vote for D as well, via fear aura.
The essence of his aura is never specified, but it's implied it comes from his Dhampir physiology

I didn't quite understood the problem with D's Resistances here

Basically, The Akashic Records have many abilities on a 2-C range and level, which allows the user to control many aspects of creation since VHD Verse size is only 2-C, and D Resists, literally none of those abilities affected him coming from the Records or from other sources

Back