• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FFV Speed Upgrade + other stuff

I mean the cast are able to traverse through the rift which was shown to freeze people in place in it, time also doesn't seem to pass inside the rift as shown with the fact that you can return to the overworld after Exdeath voided it and it stays the same as before he does it, it even has its own unique line of text for it, they're also able to move inside of the void too.

Theirs also the fact that the cast can fight against transformed Gilgamesh who not only can traverse through the interdimensional rift but also the void as well, Gilgamesh also fought against Dissidia Bartz and Dissidia Exdeath who have been implied to be stronger then Onion Knight, who thought and defeated Dissidia Cloud of Darkness who should have comparable speed to the actual COD

so does this scale to anyone else thanks to Gilgamesh scaling? No, the casts speed should be similar to 3's cast's speed, Sub-Relativistic possibly Infinite with the characters who are effected by Gilgamesh scaling only scaling to Sub-Relativistic due to it being inconsistent for them being Infinite]

also Galuf needs power nullification since him along with other Warriors of Dawn were able to nullify the power of the void before the battle against Tree Exdeath, this'd also give Exdeath resistance to power nullification since the Warriors of Dawn had no was of putting Exdeath down besides sealing him meaning power nullification possibly had no effect on him

I do not know, but it seems like an inconsistency in the storytelling rather than actual speed levels.

it'd only scale to end game V cast, Exdeath, 8 Arm Gilgamesh, V Omega, and Shinryu, the only character in this that'd mess will scaling would be Shinryu (who is already a top tier character)

actually it'd probably consistent with 14 and Dissidia scaling to this since they already have Infinite speed feats, it also probably wouldn't scale to the 8 cast (probably the god tiers but I'm unsure) since Gilgamesh stomps someone comparable to them implying he's somewhat superior and nobody reacted to him, characters who haven't fought 8 arm Gilgamesh but rather 6 arm Gilgamesh obviously wouldn't scale to this

Well, the Phantom Village is frozen in time when they enter the Void, but I'm not sure if that's enough to qualify as Infinite speed. I can see resistance to Time Stop, but Infinite speed seems iffy. Also, the Dissidia scaling is all over the place, so I wouldn't use that as a basis. Nor would being "Comparable to Onion Kid" seem like something that's uncontradicted. I could bring it up to the Final Fantasy discussion group however.

Thank you. That would be appreciated.

well I was planning on removing the scaling to the Infinite Speed from Dissidia and 14 but it'd probably be supporting evidence for the already existing infinite speed feats from both games instead (It still wont scale to 8 characters), as for the Phantom Village would it qualify as possibly infinite since moving in a timeless area would still qualify as infinite speed?

also yeah we should ask more people about this

If the Void is described as lacking time what would be needed for an Infinite Speed rating to be considered acceptable on the character's part? I mean, what else is missing?

Well, the void should fulfill the requirements in our Timeless Voids Standards page, and the speed should not completely contradict the otherwise established speed of the affected characters. Then it would probably be something akin to "Resistance to Time Stop" instead.

Is there such as having your speed have jump to Infinite while on a Timeless Void but go back to a lower rating when having to follow the flow of time?

Lol, nevermind then. Still, what would be the missing piece for a character moving in a timeless void (that fits the proper criteria) to go from resisting time manipulation to actually having infinite speed? Is it just a matter of consistency with the rest of the displays of speed in the story?

There should preferably be some kind of consistency with the character portrayals elsewhere or their described fundamental natures.

Some characters do have the ability to have powers whenever they're in certain areas, but said stuff requires lore statements that the Void or dimension empowers them. Which I don't think it's ever stated that the FFV crew are empowered whenever they're inside the Void. I still think resistance to time stop is still better than Infinite speed.

So a Timeless Void of acceptable characteristics, characters being able to move in it, as well as proof or evidence that they are moving faster or being empowered is needed to consider Infinite speed, correct?

I'm currently looking through some extra stuff to see if theirs at least a statement but their does exist a statement in the bonus dungeon that says the void has no past present or future but I'm pretty sure that doesn't qualify as timeless

TartaChocholate said:
So a Timeless Void of acceptable characteristics, characters being able to move in it, as well as proof or evidence that they are moving faster or being empowered is needed to consider Infinite speed, correct?
Evidence that it is not very inconsistent with their other portrayals is required in addition to the first two requirements that you mentioned.

There is still the timeless void standards; simply being called timeless or showing some objects appearing frozen isn't generally enough. But may qualify as timestop resistance. Moving in voids that predate the space-time continuum have often been used to indicate Infinite speed, but that also requires both context and consistency.

I mean their does exist a statement of the void predating the world of V with the only thing existing being the void

Back