• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Feats involving constellations

It hase come to my attention that there hasn't been any guides given on constellation stuff, that or I completely missed some things. But yes, I haven't seen anything regarding this matter. Why did I not put the actual problem here? Seriously, but yes, the problem is that it makes any kind of "calculation" regarding said feat difficult, won't it?

Then again, you might say it's either impossible or to simply use what The Everlasting did on his KH calc where, since KE is impossible, we use the GBE of the sun instead. All in all, I still need to know how to solve matters like this. Actually, rewording that, so I can move on to a scene that needs deciphering where said method might be usable.

EDIT, just now, I found FanofRPG's blog regarding greek gods and found something regarding creating constellations... Would that be quantifiable for calcs?

I am also uncertain what to do regarding this type of feats.

If we simply add up the energy needed to move the respective stars, it likely only ends up as 4-B, but if we consider energy dispersal over affecting such a large astronomical volume at once, we would likely end up at 4-A.

We have been inconsistent in our evaluation of such feats, so I would appreciate input from the community.

I thought it was KE for stuff like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann throwing galaxies and whatnot

Not the energy to move them, just the energy they relatively have from moving. Basically the energy needed to stop them.

I don't know how GBE has anything to do with this and i agree with what Ant said.Greek cosmology is different than real life so i wouldn't use it as an example.

Well, I personally intuitively think that it should count as a 4-A feat to move several stars at once across astronomical distances from each other, but DontTalk is considerably more knowledgeable than I am, and he mentioned that he thought that we should count them as 4-B feats (presumably with multi-solar system level range instead), if I remember correctly.

Moving stars accross astronomical distances would require them traveling at FTL speeds so finding KE is impossilble.Solar Systame level (if multiple stars are involved) and Multi Solar System range should be fine.

Okay. It is just that the power that affects them should be dispersed over such great distances, much like an energy discharge that destroys them would be.

Anyway, we may have to adjust the Popeye profile for consistency's sake, if we follow your approach.

We should also preferably write down a regulation somewhere.

It isn't the same thing as explosions where it is legitimate to say that more energy would be required to reach such distancies.Feats like these can be attributed to telekinesis so it is a different case.

Okay. Do you wish to write down a regulation, and where do you think that we should place it? In one of the generic calculations pages?

I'm not really good at formal speech so it would be better if someone more experience did that.I don't find the matter of extreme importance but i guess we can link it on the Calculations page.

Hmm. I will ask DontTalk. He is very busy though.

Alternately, you could write it, and I could fix the language structure afterwards.

Thanks. You can tell me later when I need to unlock a page.

Well, it was a gag feat in an old cartoon.

I think in terms of Range, these types of feats would be in the stellar range. In terms of AP however, I'm pretty sure that anything that has to do with several stars at once happens to be in 4-A, unless the stars happen to be within the same Solar System hence why Beerus from BoG was Solar System level. If I'm worng, do not hesitate to correct me.

For creating and destroying I agree, those are the usual ways they are done (I should probably sometime write an article for the inverse-sqaure law, then the destruction part is also dealt with in more detail).

The point I am uncertain about is the FTL thing.

We have three cases basically: Moving 1 star, moving a few stars and moving a lot of stars.

Moving 1 star FTL, I would rank as star level, aka approximate it by it's GBE.

If we do that though, it would be strange to rank multiple as solar system level and even more as multi-solar system level.

To explain, I think it is strange, because the levels wouldn't be sums of their parts. Each star would be star level and added together they would not reach solar system level, except 3565 star are moved.

Then again if we rank it like that moving the galaxy FTL would be Multi-Solar System (I think), which also sounds very wrong.

So if we want to do it with Solar System level and Multi-Solar System level, where would the borders be between those? We should probably decide that. I am just not quite sure, which criteria one can use in that case, though. I would think planet FTL = planet level and Star FTL = Star level, seem good enough, but aside form that...

Edit: The question what we would rank moving multiple planets FTL is also a problem, if I think about it...

Perhaps we should move this to the staff board?

I think we should add some additional information for the rating system for things like this since DontTalk makes a good point. First, we should make a page about caculation explaining how much energy it takes to create|destroy|move several stars at once in average rate and notify it as 4-B or 4-A. Afterwards, we then make the rating Star System and label it for characters with such feats. That's my personal suggestion.

We will not start to mess with our tiering system.

Not to mention you should remove case where you just alter the image and/or perception of the constellation instead of the real thing, since constellation is also a religious and abstract aspect as much as it's a bunch of star (or supernova, or quasar, or white dwarf... you get the idea)

Okay. Kkapoios made a first draft for that. Anyway, I think that it is probably best to make this staff only from now onwards,

In the same way that manipulating the entirety of a country is typically listed as country level wouldn't it make sense that manipulating the entirety of multiple solar systems would be multi-solar?

I have now somewhat modified the language of the Constellation Feats page. Would you like to modify it further DontTalk? You are our greatest available authority regarding such topics.

I have highlighted this thread again for more input, since the issue concerning how high such feats should be scaled, has not been properly worked out.

Yes. Currently stellar movement feats seem to have been randomly rated anywhere from High 4-C to 4-A, so we need to decide some final policy concerning this issue.

Well i guess we do need some guide regarding feats of this scale.

I can't give much ideas of this other than what's written on the page linked above so far.

However, i do know that there is a feat or so from a series i do not see fit enough on having as such being affected by this. Even if it is something we may have to take care of here on this matter...

Hmm...

@LordXcano:

Ok, so would we than rank:

Planet at FTL = planet level.

Multiple planets = Sum of their GBE ?

Star = Star level.

Stars and planets = Solar system level.

Multiple Stars = Multi-Solar system level.

Galaxys = Galaxy level.

Like this? And should this also apply if the stars are in the same Solar System for example?

Given that this is more or less an agreement to be met, maybe we should get the opinions of more staff members on this (it isn't a calculation or anything after all, so justification via "democracy" seems to be a good idea)

@DT: Ant highlighted this and moved it to the staff board so...there's that.

And that seems reasonable enough to me given that we can't apply anything regarding FTL speeds since we all know why of course. But aside that, again that looks fine enough to me.

I would also appreciate input from more staff members regarding this.

I agree with LordXcano, and what DT suggested.

Also think if multiple Stars are in the same Solar System it should still be Solar System level

Back