• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Feat Evaluation Request

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The issue is, and always has been, that we truly need more strict, defined standards for these things, and with a site like the SCP Foundation...it's not an easy task.
Seems the rules may need further work then...

@Azathoth I'm returning to this wiki to state in clear terms, that, as of right now, this tale would not be accepted for use with profiles on the wiki. For exactly the reasons you said, it's a new page from a new user with almost no community feedback. The general litmus test we've put it and other articles against is its rating. Its rating is +7, we wouldn't accept it until it has +10 at the least.

However, as I'm well aware of people upvoting it just so it gets accepted, we've used "Look who rated this page" to find that a site member or two has upvoted it for this reason. I'd suggest that rather than using the displayed rating number, we tally only votes from established scp wiki site members, and when that rating goes above +10, we'd consider it usable.

For the record I do agree with you that the text seems extremely suspiciously vs-debatey, that was brought up by many people when discussing the statement.

If it's not going to be used why was the thread posted?

Well if the page gains wider acceptance in the future it could be used then, and I'd like to get the feat evaluation out of the way now.

We actually already have the Scaling and Canon Rules for the SCP Foundatio although I'll reiterate my point from last year that literally nothing changed beyond more keys being added because of the existence of Extended Canon.

Suffice to say it's surreal to see the exact same discussions and arguments being brought up.

@Agnaa

That's perfectly acceptable. I don't wish to convey that I feel something like "why'd u post this lol".

I'm just trying to be direct so that I don't tap dance around the issue as usual. As odd as this may seem to some people, I really do hate stepping on toes, so to speak.

"For each level of spacetime, there would be a number of planes: physical, mental, spiritual, and conceptual. These planes would intersect, interpenetrate, and interact with each other, allowing profundity and meaning to take root in the network of worlds that make up the cosmos."

Is all of this still part of the "universe" that is mentioned in the quote I have below?

"He had it all planned out too: this universe would be a work of both science and art, producing unending complexity from stark simplicity. There would be an infinite fractal hierarchy of spacetime and mass-energy, of worlds within worlds without end, the worlds themselves generated by an almost unimaginable variety of physical forces, from cosmic inflation to a universal wavefunction."

If it is, then I could see 1-A. Although I won't make any definite statements since I'm very scared very uncertain about evaluating feats of this level

To preface apparently the user who wrote that page also attempted to edit 3812 to more obviously "be above all narratives" before that line was removed by mods, so I'm starting to take Azzy's speculation a lot more seriously now.

But yeah all of this combined with the user themselves makes the quote unuseable for established characters on consistency alone.

Okay... Now that Azzy has said what he wants to say, and according to what people have said it's the same thing that's been said numerous times... Then the main issue is what do we actually do from here on in this thread ?

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Okay... Now that Azzy has said what he wants to say, and according to what people have said it's the same thing that's been said numerous times... Then the main issue is what do we actually do from here on in this thread ?
On this thread? Dunno.

For the issue as a whole? We'll hash something out. I really do want to help make a change.

Shut it down before it snowballs.

This thread is done, we will be back with the full picture soon.

@Andytrenom That description is about "The Universe" that the avatar created.

@Ovens I'm still interested in the difference between Azathoth's evaluation of "We need to know exactly what this means in verse before we accept it" and other people thinking it's just 1-A.

We should preferably take it off site to not invite a whole SCP hatewagon.

Sorry had to fix at least the first paragraph:

The Creator has countless aspects, avatars, incarnations, and manifestations across the whole of the infinite layers of existence, innumerable layers of nonexistence, and the numberless layers of transcendence beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence.

This could been done far more concisely without dragging the reader through a tangled mess of totally unnecessary word jumble:

The creator had countless aspects and manifestations, across all the endless layers of existence and nonexistence, yet it was transcendent beyond the duality of the two.

There no word jumble and the message isnt damaged...

The pen or the sword said:
Sorry had to fix at least the first paragraph:

The Creator has countless aspects, avatars, incarnations, and manifestations across the whole of the infinite layers of existence, innumerable layers of nonexistence, and the numberless layers of transcendence beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence.

This could been done far more concisely without dragging the reader through a tangled mess of totally unnecessary word jumble:

The creator had countless aspects and manifestations, across all the endless layers of existence and nonexistence, yet it was transcendent beyond the duality of the two.

There no word jumble and the message isnt damaged...
We can't really do anything about that here, but the scp-wiki itself is very open to critiques, you could mention these corrections on their wiki's discussion thread for the page itself. It'd be more productive than posting about it here, at least.

Fair, I may check it out later but i just really needed to fix that. My brain gets stuck on certain things and for some reason I needed to fix that. Aplogies all around.

Back