• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fear and Famine (Fear and Hunger Discussion Thread)

Crow Mauler should probably have resurrection, right? Lad can comes back in the Gauntlet even if you kill his 1-head version, but keeps the limb losses, right?
There's also him being alive when O'saa went inside the dungeon, despite the fact that Ragnvaldr canonically killed him

Am I good to start posting profiles? (I only have Crow Mauler done, but will do Salmonsnake soon)
Maybe? I've seen less complete profiles uploaded and maintained. As long as it's well sourced and substantiated it should be fine, which yours seems to be.

Often a verse page needs to be up first before character profiles can be uploaded I think, but I've seen verses started with a character or two. I'm no expert on that.

Crow Mauler should probably have resurrection, right? Lad can comes back in the Gauntlet even if you kill his 1-head version, but keeps the limb losses, right?
There's also him being alive when O'saa went inside the dungeon, despite the fact that Ragnvaldr canonically killed him
I thought it was implied this was the god of the depth's doing rather than crow mauler's own power? i can add that in though

After thinking a bit more, I think we shouldn't feature any characters with explicit imagery, just period. Other verses (namely Pico's School) were deleted because one character had a visible penis, and even though it was censored with a bar in her profile, it got deleted. I think Fear and Hunger is a solid 3 on the content scale, which puts it in the same section as Berserk and The Witcher. Sexual content isn't a main focus of the story, but it does include a fair bit of it

I think a good compromise here is just to not feature any of the explicit characters like the Guards or Cave Mother, but otherwise allow the verse to be on the wiki. I know the Guards and Woodsmen have... "stingers" and a "parasite" and not literally just genitalia, but I don't think that'll fly regardless lol

It's not like those characters are particularly interesting anyway. Crow Mauler, the playable casts, final bosses, and a few other bosses and enemies would still be fine though

After thinking a bit more, I think we shouldn't feature any characters with explicit imagery, just period. Other verses (namely Pico's School) were deleted because one character had a visible penis, and even though it was censored with a bar in her profile, it got deleted. I think Fear and Hunger is a solid 3 on the content scale, which puts it in the same section as Berserk and The Witcher. Sexual content isn't a main focus of the story, but it does include a fair bit of it

I think a good compromise here is just to not feature any of the explicit characters like the Guards or Cave Mother, but otherwise allow the verse to be on the wiki. I know the Guards and Woodsmen have... "stingers" and a "parasite" and not literally just genitalia, but I don't think that'll fly regardless lol

It's not like those characters are particularly interesting anyway. Crow Mauler, the playable casts, final bosses, and a few other bosses and enemies would still be fine though
Some of the New Gods later phases tho
We can censor the things for the most part, right?

I've been thinking about scaling stuff, not going over the old gods because Tier 1 is stinky (i don't understand it)

The playable cast of Fear and Hunger, along with most enemies, are 8-C, scaling to the explosive vial. However, I think they should have an Endgame key where they become 8-A, scaling to the Traces

Traces should be 8-A, scaling to Rher's feat. Rher's trace shouldn't be more powerful than Sylvian or Gro-goroth's traces, as they're all traces of old gods.

New gods... idk? Is there any reason to scale them to the traces? If so, 8-A? Maybe something like "At least 8-C, likely 8-A"? The cast's Ascended forms go here too

Termina's cast scale to 8-C, since they can fight Moonless and the Tormented One, making them scale to the explosive vial's feat. Their moonscorched forms shouldn't be too far ahead of this

So, to lay it all out

Funger 1 Playable Cast
8-C | At least 8-C, likely 8-A | 8-A
(Base | Ascended | Endgame)

Traces
8-A

New Gods
At least 8-C, likely 8-A

Termina Playable Cast
8-C | 8-C
(Base | Moonscorched)

i don't remember if the player characters fight any new gods actually. haven't played termina yet, been a bit since i watched any playthoughs. if they do, add an endgame key similar to the funger 1 cast

I've been thinking about scaling stuff, not going over the old gods because Tier 1 is stinky (i don't understand it)
Shoot, I ought to get back to it
The playable cast of Fear and Hunger, along with most enemies, are 8-C, scaling to the explosive vial. However, I think they should have an Endgame key where they become 8-A, scaling to the Traces

Traces should be 8-A, scaling to Rher's feat. Rher's trace shouldn't be more powerful than Sylvian or Gro-goroth's traces, as they're all traces of old gods.
Feel like traces should be much higher due to said traces being able to (if they wanted) overwhelm mortals with knowledge, and being so far and beyond what even new gods can handle, but functionally, I guess 8-A is the best we have to an actual tiering for them.
Funger 1 Playable Cast
8-C | At least 8-C, likely 8-A | 8-A
(Base | Ascended | Endgame)

Traces
8-A

New Gods
At least 8-C, likely 8-A

Termina Playable Cast
8-C | 8-C
(Base | Moonscorched)

i don't remember if the player characters fight any new gods actually. haven't played termina yet, been a bit since i watched any playthoughs. if they do, add an endgame key similar to the funger 1 cast
I think these set-ups are fine for the most part! They do fight at least one, very specific new god... I also need to play termina finally lol

I wish there was more info about which characters use which skills

Was considering doing Samarie/Dysmorphia but I can't find the list of magic she uses

Also, I found a new feat! Perk Ukulele can call down meteors with Lunar Meteor. Given they're called "Lunar" meteors, I think they're coming from the moon right behind him rather than space, but they're on fire, which might mean they're going really fast? The animation is fast on its own. I think calcing this will be good

And i forgot, there's also Lunar Storm, which Perk and O'saa can use, which should also get good results

I wish there was more info about which characters use which skills

Was considering doing Samarie/Dysmorphia but I can't find the list of magic she uses

Also, I found a new feat! Perk Ukulele can call down meteors with Lunar Meteor. Given they're called "Lunar" meteors, I think they're coming from the moon right behind him rather than space, but they're on fire, which might mean they're going really fast? The animation is fast on its own. I think calcing this will be good

And i forgot, there's also Lunar Storm, which Perk and O'saa can use, which should also get good results
how tall is Marina?

You could use whatever was the average height of a young czech man in the 40s for a baseline, as Marina was born in the verse's version of Czechoslovakia.

Last edited:
Hurting mainly. Dysmorphia will also cast Necromancy.

She'll eventually be playable though so she'd technically be able to cast whatever is there.

I have the Samarie pfp, I should know.

EDIT: Also realized that I haven't been present in this thread lately, but I'll change that now.

This is kinda dead. Anyway, not gonna work on any pages or stuff while I'm busy with LotR but at the very least, I think the Yellow King gets the stuff below
I'm probably missing some New god specific stuff, but hope this might help.

Last edited:
Back