• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FC/OC Battles Wiki Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Okay so for some of those who have been on VS Battle and perhaps even Jokes Battles, you have noticed a lot about both wiki's having a logo on the front page or somewhere on the site in some way.

This (VSBW) and this (JBW).

Given that JBW has recently done theirs and VSBW had for theirs done for a while, it finally motivated me to have one made for this site. Now i will full-on admit here that i would have done this a VERY LONG time ago. The same would have been done for VSBW in fact. However back then and even now, i just had a general lack of motivation to do it (and of course, procrastination) as well as having been very inexperienced at the time when i was still learning to do graphic design works (note to Kavpeny if he sees this: had i done work for the VSBW logo last year, it would have turned out bad and most likely not approved. Just to tell you that, dude.).

But recently, i was contacted by a user on my wall that is willing to help to improve the site here for us by making a logo (much like how one was done for, once again, VSBW and JBW). He told me that he has made some templates, or is in the process of them still, so that we can decide from there on what we can use for FC/OC.

I made this thread for this exact reason and because i would like to hear everyone's opinion as to what we could use once we see these templates and, more importantly, what colors would fit best for our current color scheme here. For example, VSBW has a shield design that is light blue (or what i presume it is of that color) and has white letters/symbols that are white in color inside of the logo, which i guess fits perfectly with it's main and current set-up. JBW has what seems to be a 4 pointed star like shape that is light purple and has a simple design colored in white in the inside.

Here, i am not sure as to how it would look but i do appreciate anyone's opinion as to what would fit best for the site's "would-be" logo and what colors that won't conflict with the current ones, maybe?

Kind of a long read, i apologize to everyone, but do any of y'all have opinions on this here?

I'm all for the idea of having a logo. The idea that I've had was to perhaps have "FC/OC" going diagonally across some sort of design in the background. I have no idea what that design would be, however.

I'm good with a logo.

Our site is predominantly black and green, so the logo would presumably have to mesh with that.

@Prom: Is it really Black and Green? Cause i see blue everywhere here tho?

@Exo: That seems like a cool logo design, yeah....

Blue, too. I was referring to the template on the main page, which is mostly black

Oh I get it now, Prom. My mistake. But yeah we could go with something that matches with the current scheme here, like how VSBW has light blue and white and JBW having purple as a particular one for theres'.

Hmm. I think Prom said about our site's color being predominantly green and black (though she said after that she was referring to the front page). Then Exo said about Black and Blue.

Could you perhaps try to do those two types first, Foodie?

Okay, Foodie did brought up something to me. What would the design be like, exactly? Should it just be a simple design based on the initials of the site here or something else? @All

I think that it should include the initials of the site, but it can also have a cool design in the background.

I feel like we could have a theme design that's related to what we normally do here. Something like how generally we do stuff here to develop our characters and whatnot.

I've run pages in the past and a logo is the very definition of a page. Roleplay 101's logo is a fancy R, yet people use it to identify the page.

When you create a logo, you're creating an identity. It is a similar process to creating an I.D or a Driver's License. Picking our color scheme (Which I have seen none of.) will be a wise choice. The majority of our colors are Blue and Green .

Perhaps something along those lines. I can dwell around in my own creative arts and let you know. But having a Logo would be something that will both attract users and make us known.

That's a very great way of putting that, Leon. And i totally agree. Hell Kavpeny and i think SDZiel1217 told me about that it would help us if we did like a logo work or something (i think it was of the wordmark work tho, but this works too).

I'm not good with graphic design like this, so I don't know what else to say, but yes, blue and/or green would probably be the best call.

Fair enough, Prom. So 2 have said that Blue and Green should probably done.

Does anyone else agree with this color set up?

A logo is good, FCOC needs to be more iconic.

But won't the blue shade camouflage with the background?

We could always make it a darker blue. By the way, what would the logo's details look like?

How 'bout a lighter shade of the green and blue? That could work.

That's another thing we may need to talk about: What will the design of the logo actually look like? VSBW has a shield design and JBW has like a simple-ish 4 pointed star like design, so we gotta perhaps think something that could be used for here. Then again, we don't have to do it like them tho...

Like just the FC/OC part alone, which i guess that's what you mean by text logo?

But then again, i want to hear what the other's say first about the text logo ones you made so far. The black with dark-blue like shade outline looks pretty boss but it would kind of like seem a bit...dark? with the blue main layout we have?

The Light blue one would work since it's more brighter and noticeable. However the way it is was not something i didn't expect it to be as. It's not bad, it just seems a bit....simple.

But again, i want to hear what the others say in all this...

CrossverseCrisis said:
Like just the FC/OC part alone, which i guess that's what you mean by text logo?
But then again, i want to hear what the other's say first about the text logo ones you made so far. The black with dark-blue like shade outline looks pretty boss but it would kind of like seem a bit...dark? with the blue main layout we have?

The Light blue one would work since it's more brighter and noticeable. However the way it is was not something i didn't expect it to be as. It's not bad, it just seems a bit....simple.

But again, i want to hear what the others say in all this...
but in my opinion by text logo just FC/OC kind of short

and btw you dont want a aimple logo then?

Hmm....could be. Could be. Then again....it could at least replace the whole wordmark by using either one of them. *Nods* Like how you would see it on VSBW and JBW.

Simple Logo? That's kind of tough. I thought up of a square shaped logo, like a piece of paper kind shape....yeah. But....idk. I think Text logo might just be the best we have so far...maybe.

Would like to hear from the others, however. They may want to give their thoughts here too, yeah. @Foodie

@Foodie: A red one, huh? Hmm....i'm kind of getting an image of it not looking right with the general color here. I mean it works for the admins here (ex. Promestein), but as a text logo? Mmm...not so much. I'm not getting a vibe of it in comparison to the first few you made, You can try it if you want however.

@Everyone else: So Foodie has provided us with some text logos above in one of his previous comments. As noted, i would like to hear y'alls thoughts of how they are and if they are fine or not as is.

If you really want to go overboard you could do red, blue, yellow and green, to represent all the different types of users; admin, regular, content mod and bureaucrat respectivally.

@Foodie: It's all good, man. GN.

@Exo: Since your here dude, what's your opinion on the four that Foodie has made so far?

@Foodie: Good night

@Cross: My favourite of the four is the top one. I like the dual swords thing and the ancient-ish aesthetic.

Though one idea I've had is to make the two swords bigger and put them behind the "FC/OC Vs. Battles Wiki".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back