• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fawful Ability Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Fawful has several abilities that aren't included on his profile.

Ice Manipulation: Fawful uses his laser gun to shoot an ice beam at Midbus. Given the sound effects, this is clearly a beam of ice. Proof can be found here.

Statistic Debuff/Amplification: During all fights with Fawful, he is sometimes able to reduce your stats, which should qualify for stat debuffing. Amplification is a bit more of a stretch, but he powered up Midbus in the second Midbus fight.

Heat Resistance: So Fawful is described as being immune to the burn effect. While he does take normal damage from fire, he should have a degree of heat resistance by being immune to the burn effect. This along with stat debuffing can be found here.

On another note, I think Fawful should have Dark Fawful as a seperate key. All the abilities that I mentioned here should be applicable to both, but things like portal creation are quite obviously exclusive to Dark Fawful.

I think that the new abilities seem reasonable to add.

fits in with the brainwashed minions in the original bowser's inside story too. I can get behind fawful getting mind control.

link can be found here

His high level spray can affect multiple characters at his tier (koopalings), but still seems to delay for a couple of seconds. Also doesn't work on people with high spirit. Otherwise solid.

More a resistance of Captain Goomba and Koopalings than a weakness of the spray.

The stats buff/debuff seems abit unclear. Are there examples you can present to me? Other abilities seem fine, however.....

Actually, I do have one concern about Fawful. Is there a reason Striking Strength scales to Mario? Fawful isn't really a physical attacker; he's more so a nerdy scientist who attacks using gadgets. Bowser's Inside Story even has quotes describing him as "Beafless". Those Gadgets give him Attack Potency that scales to Mario and Luigi for sure, and he has durability that scales due to taking hits, but he never ever punches. So I think Striking Strength should best be Unknow, the rest of his stats can stay till we revise the Mario tierings.

Dino Ranger Black has a good sense of judgement regarding Mario characters.

DarkDragonMedeus also seems to make sense.

In Superstar Saga, he attacks by shooting energy bolts out of his flight helmet. He never attacks physically iirc. Although, there's the absorbing of Dark Energy from the Dark Star, but he's still using technology to do that rather and attack rather than physically attacking.

It's probably referring to his energy-based attack, whether he is using dark powers he got from the Dark Star or technologicial means. Or just the fact his attacks can hurt the Mario Bros in general. Striking Strength doesn't seem to be limited to just physical-based attacks since there are alot of characters in the wiki who aren't strong or know for their physical abilities but are scaled to others or given such ratings due to their magic and Fawful's Lifting Strength already stated that he isn't physically strong, struggling to lift Peach and all.

So are the two of you willing to revise the profile?

Well Zen'ō's profile had his striking strength rated as unknown due to having a Ki blast performing a Low Multiverse level Destruction feat. There's also characters with guns/projectiles much stronger than their physical attacks; which we don't apply to striking strength. Mages from Fire Emblem also have Unknow striking strength as opposed to their own tiers.

So it really depends, telekinesis could technically be considered given it can be used as physical blows without contact, and Ki Blasts are are also an element that comes from the physical body; so they're sort of striking strength IMO. Swords and other melee weapons are also striking strength of course, but guns and projectile gadgets aren't really striking strength iirc. And Magic kind of varies.

Striking strength should ideally only be used for punching power.

Odd since Princess Zelda is labelled Country Class in striking despite not showing any physical ability to demostrate such. Anyway, I do recall Fawful having notable physical attacks during his battles such as swinging into Bowser and swooping down on the bros, both being able to have enough to make them trip. If this isn't sufficient, we can change the rating to Unknown then.

Well, if he has demonstrated physical attacks comparable to his other ones, it should probably be fine then.

Don't remember him using physical attacks against Bowser, but oh yeah. In Superstar Saga, when Fawful had that dome and Bat Wings, he did attack by gliding and using his head. Suppose that's a striking strength attack.

Okay. So is anybody willing to update the page?

I can do that, it was the abilities mentioned in the OP and seperate key for Dark Fawful were the agreements? Though Dino seemed to question the Stats amp/debuff. Brainwashing gas also seemed to be a thing mentioned.

Thank you. You can make the changes that Dino agreed with.

Thank you for the help. It is probably best if we wait for Dino to verify it before we close this thread though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back