• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favourite video game(s)?

.Any time period.

.Can be before a specific patch to the game, but if it is, that should to be mentioned.

.Do not debate another person's opinion, unless they have blatantly manipulated facts, if so, provide strong evidence, not just "I played it and it was bad".

.You do not have to provide a reason, but if you are, it can be any, as long as it's related to the game play, mechanics, graphics, characters, or all the above. If a person neglects one of these, do not witch hunt them, as some people may prefer powers over story.

.If the game is better on a specific console, mention that. If possible, mention if a game is a certain console only.

.Choosing a genera instead of a game is acceptable, or both.

.Try keep your answer simple, if this can't be done, the make your answer organised, this is so I, or other people, can easily read your opinion.

Prototype 2 for PC is my choice. Or non turn based grinding games, which are preferably open world.

Picking one hurts so much

Overall, Ori and the Blind Forest. Fun to play, awesome music and art style, the characters aren't particularly complex but they are still wonderful, the game is challenging without being frustrating.

Better on PC personally, but still very good on Xbox.

For many years, it was Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES. But the only game that could replace it was Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it was my first smash and the best game on the Wii.

I once played that, I found it enjoyable.

Do any of you recommend any added rules, or rule changes?

Kingdom Hearts, Og DMC(except 2) and Megaman Battle Network Series all of them had some place in my childhood along with the simple but effective Gameplay styles for each

DMC makes me feel badass for being able to hack hordes of demons

KH makes me feel like I'm on a incredible adventure and the bittersweet endings of the non numbered games save DDD always got me

MegaMan really made me use my head with the battle chips for some smart combos and sly ways to change styles

Super Mario 64: was the first Mario game I ever played and I loved the concept of jumping through paintings, entering different worlds.

Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time): First Zelda game I ever played and I loved it especially one of the theme music. Sadly I haven't played many other Zelda games.

Sonic Adventures DX: Was the first Sonic game to get me into the verse and you could play as other characters.

Bloodborne: It's lore and gameplay is top notch. I also love the designs of the monsters and characters. It has the perfect blend of action and horror. To add to all this, it's three endings all sum up the entirety of the game pretty well: 'it's useless'. Nothing good you do in the game is ever good. You are either a monster on the path of selfish gain, or a kind-hearted soul whom has to watch as the fruits of their labour slowly suffer horrible fates. There is no good ending in Bloodborne. There is no 'good' in Bloodborne. And that's why i love it.

Knack. I unironically love this game. It's fun. Raw, unadulterated, fun. It's what you get when you just want gameplay and graphics with none of the story. Who needs hours of cutscenes like Metal Gear when you can punch things. Who needs actual character development? Just stick a love interest. There, character development. Stable plot progression? Screw that! Just have the plot advance as quickly as possible so you can punch things again. Knack is mecanically one of the best games I've played. It's just a shame it doesn't have anything else going for it.

Gonna nqme off my favorite ones , Majoras Mask , Paper Mario TYD , Super Metroid , Metroid Prime 2 , Mario Galaxy , Smash , Bloodborne , Mario World , Castlevania (Sotn), Pokemon (literally any of the holy quartet ) , E╠ÂO╠ÂS╠ÂD╠ .

Top 10 , no order .

I'm a do something a little more immature than usual (even though i constantly make shrek jokes) and bump the thread.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My Top Three:

1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

3. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 or Super Mario World

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2

4. Donkey Kong Country

5. Mortal Kombat (2011)

6. Overwatch

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

8. Portal 2

9. Batman: Arkham City

10. Halo 4

Honorable Mentions

- Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

There aro so many good games... but if I have to choose my favourite one it's either Dark Souls 3 (Both DLC inlcuded) because of it's story, characters, mechanics, gameplay OR my favourite Wii game, Super Mario Strikers Charged! (I love it, and I don't have to say why, its simply awesome).

I can't pick just one, so I'll just list my favourite game for different genres.

Platformer: Sly 2: Band of Thieves

First Person Shooter: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Western RPG: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Japanese RPG: Final Fantasy VI

Action Adventure: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Fighting: Super Smash Brothers Melee

Puzzle: Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Visual Novel: The entire Ace Attorney franchise

Racing: Mario Kart: Double Dash

Touhou

Touhou

and more Touhou