• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favourite moments in fiction

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
Whether they are: epic moments, bad-ass action scenes, or heartfelt goodbyes what are your favourite moments in fiction?

When School Days ended.

That was my favorite moment in fiction.

But in all seriousness, Red + Mewtwo vs Deoxys, Samus vs Dark Samus (5 minutes til death, right after fighting another boss), Kyoko vs Oktavia, Magneto vs Marvel Zombies are my favorite moments.

I got some moments:

Asura punching and beating the crap out of Chakravatin (ohhhh that's so satisfying i've never been so satisfied to hit the B button), MGS3 and 4 ending (those were making me close to tear-jerking and that's not easy), Goku's sacrifice following and epic beam struggle (It kinda lost meaning in Buu saga but still epic), The three way battle royale finale of DI (Three color route god that was an epic 1-A royale), Deadpool killing the marvel universe (don't know why i just thought of it being badass), Naruto and Sasuke's last clash before they lose and arm, Sonic meeting his past self and they part ways, Akuma being a boss character in SF 2, Dante fighting Mundus, etc (I can go on LOL)

Of course, there are a lot, so here's just a few that stand out.

• The final confrontation between the Emperor and Horus upon the Vengeful Spirit. This includes Horus' battle with Sanguinius beforehand and the sacrifice of Ollanius Pius. Another excellent 40k battle during the Horus Heresy would be Magnus the Red and Leman Russ, along with the entirety of the Burning of Prospero event.
  • Majora and Link face off on the moon during the final hour
  • Lord English shows up for the first time, along with the following animation chronologically, Calibor:Enter

• The ending of The Last of Us, especially since they didn't go some really generic route because happiness

Kurogane Ikki vs Toudou Touka

The actual fight ended in 1 second, when Ikki, extremely tired and malnourished for the last few tournament bouts he's in, pushed himself one more time, boosting his stats from x10 to x100, rupturing blood vessels in the process from the strain on his body, all for that one decisive strike against the supposed strongest student in his school.

What makes it special is that it lacks all the flashy crap anime swordsmen tend to do like that "flash-step-behind-the-enemy" or "sword-swings-blasting-apart-the-landscape", and just goes down to how a duel between two master swordsmen would be like. Short and decisive, no room for error and no time for stalling.

Here are mine:

• After suffering for years after he thought he caused a double genocide, all 13 of the Doctor's incarnations save Gallifrey
  • The 10th Doctor says goodbye to everyone before he regenerates
  • Escaping the Collector Base and preparing for the inevitable Reaper invasion
  • The Avengers finally Assemble

Finding Red on top of Mount. Silver, the final challenge of the game is overcoming your past self.

Bleach: Dangai Ichigo vs Aizen. Ichigo's speech to Yhwach about triumphing over despair before activating Bankai. Dat hype.

Claymore: Clare and Teresa's last scene together where they smiled at each other.

Angel Beats!: Anytime Yui is on screen.

Fairy Tail: Most nakama moments. Anytime Erza one-shots someone with Benizakura Armor.

Angel Beats - The ending.... God ******* the ending ;-;

Fairy Tail Movie - The one time Fairy Tail has a sad ending....

Fairy Tail - Edolas scene with Natsu's group pretending to be the villains (back when the days of FT are good)

Infamous - https://youtu.be/73jv66Fns18?t=378 Zeke.... Also the good ending. Kessler's reveal is pretty amazing too

Disgaea 4 - Valvatorez always promising

Uncharted - Any dramatic moment

Touhou - ReiReimu and Osana Reimu's feels

One Piece - Derossa Arc where the people 'save' the Strawhats in a way, Luffy wanting them all to be equal- well in general a lot of scenes

Warcraft 3 - Arthas becoming evil, the World Tree sacrifice scene and the hold the ground sort of feel

Probably will edit

Too many moments to count, some that stand out for me are

- Aizen cutting down the captains

- Ichigo using the final getsuga on Aizen

- Goku going ssj on Frieza

- Light Yagami and L's deaths

- Whitebeard's final moments before his death

I could probably think of more

RadicalMrR said:
Finding Red on top of Mount. Silver, the final challenge of the game is overcoming your past self.
297108 v0 600x
I agree with this.
Also....

All Might's United States of SMASH

Namikaze Minato's arrival on the battlefield

Thor thrashing Iron Man in Civil War

Tatsumi evolves against Esdeath and Budo

When Hinazuki Kayo had her first decent breakfast

When Accelerator gets punched for the first time

Sora's gambit with his existence on the line

Post-torture Kaneki's first battle

"Flowey's defense dropped to 0!"

Probably the last fight between Josuke vs Kira.

Imscared's Flower Ending. "I love you".

MGQ's final fight.

Gilgamesh vs Iskandar from Fate Zero

Arrival of Featherine from Umineko

Arthas becoming the Lich King and Grom Hellscream vs Mannoroth from Warcraft

Tenth Doctor's "I don't want to go." from Doctor Who

I don't have an absolute favorite moment in all of fiction, but I do think this is a particularly wonderful moment in Superman's history.

From YYH:

Yusuke offing Toguro, Kurama trapping Toguro, Yusuke offing Sensui, the ending.

From DB:

GT's ending. Goku offing King Piccolo. SSJ.

From Pokemon:

Vs Red. Facing off against Mewtwo with my Rhydon. The first designed Pokemon vs the last one. Ash vs Gary (Charizard vs Blastoise). All of Charizard's Burning Ambition. FINALLY. BEATING. CYNTHIA.

From Zelda:

Seeing Midna off. Anju and Kafei's reunion and stopping Majora in that run so they can be happy. Even more valuable because I failed the first time.

Ninja Turtles:

Leo vs Shredder (2002)

Teen Titans:

Titans Together. Any Slade fight.

DC Comics:

Wally avenging Bart's death. Superman preventing suicide. Twice. Getting rid of Necron.

Not "all time" moments by any means, just moments that have stuck with me. This has spoilers, so if you dont want to risk them. Dont look at the list.

Video Games

Devil May Cry 3: mission 1 Intro. This was my introduction to the series; oh man, it's still as stylish as it was a decade ago.

Final Fantasy 6: Setzer and The Falcon. This game has many emotional & powerful moments, but this one is the moment that stuck with me the most. It reveals the importance of the aircraft; brings hope to the party. To search for their friends across this new-found word, ravaged by Kefka. The song "Searching For Friends" just puts the icing on the cake.

God Hand: the credits. No I don't mean this in a "glad it was finished" type of way, I mean it in a "This credits theme is one of the few I've bothered to sit through & come back to occasionally" type of way; by the way, the game was amazing.

Film & TV

Taxi Driver: ending climax. Violent, insane and intense. Those words describe both this scene and the movie; I reccomend anyone to give it a watch. You wont regret it.

The Godfather: Micheal Corleone protects his father. I love this scene in the film because its pretty much the birth of Godfather Micheal, quite nerve-wracking stuff.

Luke Cage: Crispus Attucks speech. I loved this moment, it shows how much Luke developed in the span of just a few episodes; I don't think he was this angry throughout the series.

Manga

Berserk: Zodd and Guts tag-team Ganishka. There are dozens of great moments in Berserk, all which could have replaced this moment. But I picked this one in particular for one reason, it's a god-damn testosterone overdose; just plain awesome when you consider the relationship those two have with eachother.

Vagabond: Musashi is haunted no more. Despite being in a life or death situation, he reminisces of the only memories he has of his father which don't spawn feelings of hate & anger; promptly after develops a sword technique which allows him to win the fight and overcome the disdain he had towards his father. A serene moment in a violent situation.

Vinland Saga: Thorfinn takes a hundred punches. Thorfinn makes an oath to not kill or harm anyone again to attone for his bloody and stained past; the way he fights now (despite not really fighting at all) is simply badass.

Thats about it, I have many more moments but I don't want to spend more time on this list than I already have.

I got one so far that Shuh's death motivated Kenshiro to wail on Souther and Souther dying by his father's body as far as I'm reading now also Kenshiro and Raoh first fight

Alucard releases level 0.

The entire Boros fight for OPM.

Major's death speech from Hellsing.

Theresa and Priscilla's final battle from Claymore

Dresden rides a zombie T-Rex through a life draining magic storm while his friend controls it with the power of Polka

Dresden destroys the entire Red Court race of vampires with their own blood spell.

Dresden kills Aurora with an army of tinker bell fairies armed with box-cutters.

Dresden threatens Mab with eternal improsonment.

Uriel lends Michael his angel powers to screw over Nicodemus

Butter's faith in Star Wars turns the broken hilt of the sword of faith into a lightsaber.

Dresden Files in general.

Kiritsugu vs Kirei

Jack:ascend

Noct going nuts on Leviathan fight

Galuf being killed by ex-death

descend

Any final boss of Undertale

Toriko end

Final moments of DMC 3

FanofRPGs said:
Man that was a rewarding secret final boss. But I feel that to really understand the epicness of this, most people will need to see it in English (start at 1:58).

For me some of my other favorites are (the first one's probably my all time favorite, but the rest are in no particular order):

The first Dollars meet of the Durarara anime- the way they had everyone switch from the shadowy "background character" look to the detailed "important character" look was really moving.

Also from Durarara, Mikado and Aoba's contract- it was the first scene showing how badass and screwed up Mikado could be.

From Gatchaman Crowds and GC Insight, the scenes where the crowds are released to the public, and where the Gatchaman kill "Gel"- this show is spectacular so both of its seasons' climactic scenes are among my favorites. The first one is all about how everyone can be a hero if they choose to, while the second is about the importance of not allowing individual will to be swept up in the will of the masses. The second one was very moving to me.

From Medaka Box, Kumagawa's I want to beat them speech- probably my second favorite moment in fiction. It's the first time Kumagawa speaks honestly, and it's really moving, and makes his losses all the more heartbreaking. There are plenty of other Kumagawa scenes I'd love to include, but that would take too long.

The most recent Naruto vs Sasuke fight in the anime- it's a great fight that they've really been building too for ages, and the anime handled it brilliantly.

From SAO abridged, Kirito vs Gleam Eyes and the scene following it, this was essentially the cumulative moment for all of the character development Kirito had been going through throughout the abridged series, it was both hilarious and epic at the same time, probably my favorite scene if abridged parodies count.

From Devil Survivor Overclocked, the scenes before and after the final battle with Metatron in the chaotic good route- when you're rewarded for sparing the people in the lockdown by having everyone come together to basically collectively give YHVH and the archangels the middle finger is great, and the way Abel's awakening scares all the archangels, who you just struggled to beat one of, and YHVH's army into submission is just badass.

From Senki Zesshou Symphogear, the scene where Hibiki goes Berserk and decimates the Nephilim- this is just plain badass.

The X-men live action film Quicksilver scenes- I don't think I need to explain this one.

From the top of my head:

Child Link and Zeldas final (chronologically first) meeting in Ocarina of Time.

Squall's and Rinoa's dance in Final Fantasy VIII.

Superman telling off Manchester Black.

Likely lots of others that I do not recall at the moment.

Back