• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Father Balder vs The King of Nox

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions

Can Balder stop time indefinitely?

Would an immunity to frictional forces work in a time stop? It would work if it's a time SLOW, but someone with better knowledge of physics than me would have to tell me if there is still friction when time = 0

also, I don't believe it has ever been said that the King NEEDS to announce his attacks. It seems to just be for style, considering he has used his powers before without announcing them.

Depending on the answers to these Questions I might vote either way, but currently I'm leaning towards Balder for reasons above

@Monarch Laciel

No. But he's at least on par with Bayonetta, who layered Witch Time to the point that a single boss fight that would have taken at least a half hour ended up lasting seconds in real-world time.

The problem is that Balder always starts fights with his Time Stop ability and even if he downgraded himself to a Time Slow, The King's activation time would take far longer than it would take for Balder to launch a lethal attack.

Whew, forgot this post ever existed

I want to ask why does time-stop matters when king can just activate zero friction? King just needs to process a thought and he will be frictionless. Now whatever Balder does doesnt affect king,as simple as that

Also,

"@Adam

Before The King finishes that thought, Balder activates Light Speed (which he can do faster than Bayonetta can activate Witch Time) and goes to town."

You cant say Balder can activate light speed before king can process a thought, unless you are implying balder's Light speed can be activated without a thought. Speed is equalised, both have to process a thought to activte their abilities

King has multiple ways to win here honestly- Atomizing balder, Burning him alive, Slicing his throat, etc while Balder has only one way to stop him, which I find is not hard to counter

Both of them could activate their respective abilities with a thought and speed is equalised. The way I see it, the main question is whether zero friction works in a time stop. If it does, then I'd say the king wins, as ZF lets him brush off all of Balder's light speed attacks and then when Light Speed wears off the King atomises Balder. Or, as I think is more likely with my meager understanding of physics, Zero Friction doesn't work in a time stop, and Balder impales the King a few dozen times with Light Speed.

Dunno how Balder stopping time makes King's ZF useless. If king's body is frictionless, no attack is touching him regardless if time is stopped

Unless its litrally specified his time-stop also nullifies/stops the opponent's techniques king haxes out his time stop and atomizes balder

Besides, we have several other reasons how king one shots balder while there is only one arguement for balder which is "time stop"

@Monarch and Adam

The problem with that idea is neither combatant has any idea of what the other is capable of. The King rarely starts with Zero Friction and rarely maintains it throughout the fight (since he was still struck by Mo-Ri Hui during their battle). Meanwhile, Balder is always spamming Light Speed at every possible opportunity (as seen during his fights with Bayonetta).

I agree with the reasons above, Balder stops time and then it's Game Over for the King. It's obviously the more likely outcome, even more so when you consider how it works and the character of both fighters.

Welp, God of High School got an upgrade to Small Star level to Solar System level, so I'm going to have to close this down. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back