• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate's Dream Waifu Fights The Gay Robot Smurf

Cthulhu isn't a smurf

Beatrice is an actual 25-Dimensional being

Characters like Simon are high 1-C for having 11-D hax despite being 3-D beings

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
I'm not mad at Fate at anything, it just seems a bit weird to have someone who can literally manipulate a 25-D realm be only 5-A.
Then why the hell did you add fuel to a fire and accuse Fate?

Why do you make such baseless claims in the first place?

The way I see it:

I can manipulate the plot of a story however I want it to be, make the characters act however I want. Those characters would be 2D as they exist on a piece of paper. This is basically plot manipulation, but can I do it to actual 3D people? Hell no I can't.

A higher-dimensional being messing with 3D people would essentially be the same thing. For this reason, I do believe that you need feats of using hax on someone on your dimensional level to say that it works. It would still be infinitely superior to hax for characters below your dimensional level though.

@Shadow

That's...not what we are even debating though lol

They are questioning why Beatrice isn't 25-D for manipulating higher dimensional structure. Which we just answered

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Characters like Simon are high 1-C for having 11-D hax despite being 3-D beings
And for existing in the Labryinth which is possibly formed of higher dimensions

In regards to Beatrice's hax and whether she should be 1-B for her true self, there was a thread about this but it died back then.

Just for general information, same way I said then I'll say now: I'm not really concerned with what tier Beatrice is at. Never was.

When I made her profile I said 5-A was the safest option. I didn't up and made it either - I talked with several members of the community before, I remember Cal being one of them and the last one I talked to was Matthew, who had experience with similar profiles and such and told him "5-A physically with her hax on that level is the safest option, I believe. And that's due to certain contradictions in regards to her PHYSICAL abilities(more on that in my first and second reply here). I'll also make the blog and such for how the verse treats dimensions as soon as I can.", which I did in the following day I made the profile and already linked above.

At which point we agreed on her current tier.

...It would be nice if people could legitimately ask me before throwing accusations when I legitimately put a lot of thought into this and decided it was more safe (for a character I like!) to stay at a lower tier because that seemed more consistent with her showings and the verse.

Why would I want to make Beatrice a smurf when you barely see me debating at all nowadays is beyond me. I've seen people thinking others are trying to benefit a character when they give them a *higher* rating, but when they give them the *lower* one because it sounds more safe and solid? That's a new one.

But if someone wants to put her at 1-B, by all means be my guest. That will likely spare me the trouble of having to go through explaining this stuff all over again, at the very least.

Fate San! Wish to chat? Calm down a bit?

Tenor_%281%29.gif

@Schnee Thanks! I'm calm, though, just a bit surprised with the whole direction this went into since the thread seemed mostly safe.

Schnee One said:
And both have been done for two months, ever since we had hax scaling to dimensional existence

There is a difference between the two, but both have never been done for "Years"
That's false. I was told stuff like "Being 2-A doesn't give you 2-A hax" back in 2017. It's definitely more than two months.

I don't have the time nor the energy to check Beatrice's case right now, but "it's a norm that was made up two months ago" is false

Yeah, I heard the whole "being Tier-x doesn't automatically grants you hax on that scale" back in 2017.

I think it was on that Swamp Thing vs Homura thread (the first one) and if I recall, not trying to accuse anyone or anything, I heard it from Fate.

I'm quite sure that Fate heard it from me in the first Madoka vs Lavos.

I heard it from Azzy in Madoka vs Bolas. Regardless, the point was that it isn't a two months old standard at all

Peliper threads either ends up in memes or flame wars.

im dont eveen know why is he used so much since he is just a one trick pony that doesnt eveen use his most powerful ability in character from the start.

You know, between some of the arguments in this thread, some of the arguments I've seen lately and every time I return this matter of feats looking aggravated, I feel like we're steadily on our way to denying literally every power in existence is legit unless the character is shown doing either:

a. Throwing hax non-stop like punches against one another. Everyone should fight like dragon ball. Forget affecting metaphorical planes that are just as complex if not more complex than characters on their level. Because you know, if I can suddenly break a wall with my power, that doesn't mean I can possibly break someone's arm with i----Wait.

Or

b. Have a literal overspecific wall of text throwing at the audience's face over and over how X power does X, Y Z, X, Y Z, X Y Z ten times over, which we genuinely won't be getting from any series in existence since you know, authors are actually aware that such a thing would bore the audience to death and make them drop the work as soon as they start reading something this boring.

Long story short: Coming from someone who is extremely skeptical when it comes to ratings and powers? Some people are exaggeratting the recquirements to consider power levels to unbelievable degrees and extents, at this point. And yes, if someone says "Oh, some guideline" I'll repeat what I just said: It's still an extreme level of cherry and nitpicking that does nothing but invalidate legitimate powers on the premise of being arbitrarily specific in how you want fiction to display abilities.

One thing is a character not having feats so they don't get a rating or ability. Another is them having feats that aren't as much in our - the audience's face - as literally throwing a punch against another but are just as valid.

Quite frankly, this excessive judgement can sound a lot like a stance of "If it's not shown in the way I imagined it, it doesn't count".

Back