• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Possible Gildarts Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Currently we rate X792 Gildarts as "At least 6-C, likely far higher", but I believe he should be rated as "At least 6-C, likely High 6-C" instead for his performance against August

In his fight with August, he is able to knock away August, deflect his attack, briefly overpower him in a contest of strength, and then make him bleed with his strongest attack, meaning his AP should be somewhat close to him and should partially scale, as for durability, he manages to take several of August's attacks and keep fighting without issue, therefore signifying he should have durability close to him as well

Thoughts?

Eh I don’t know about this. August the entire time was absolutely destroying Gildarts himself even the it was a 2v1

Eh I don’t know about this. August the entire time was absolutely destroying Gildarts himself even the it was a 2v1
Cana didn’t really matter outside revealing the weakness of August’s Ability

Even then, Gildarts was still getting destroyed. August is also a man that had enough power to erode away the country
Well remember, that country destroying feat only scales to Ars-Magia, Gildarts still took a lot of Augusts attacks, so getting the “likely High 6-C” makes sense to me

Gildarts knocking away August without hurting him doesn't make the former scale to the latter, not sure about deflecting August attack when he was basically toying with Gildarts so the attack might not be serious, overpowering him in contest of strength might just be a lifting strength feat, and being able to took several attacks August might also be a dura or endurance feat.

The only compromise I could offer is "likely High 6-C via strongest attack for harming August, even though just for little bit.

Well remember, that country destroying feat only scales to Ars-Magia, Gildarts still took a lot of Augusts attacks, so getting the “likely High 6-C” makes sense to me
I know but if he had that much power and literally at the beginning of the fight, he wasn’t even flinching much fro Gildarts attack + again Gildarts was getting wrecked

this is like with Goku and Beerus. Goku can harm Beerus tet the latter (if he wanted to) could had destroyed him from the get go without even trying)

He only hurt August with an attack that took out his arm in the process (Absolute Heaven). I’d settle on “At least 6-C, High 6-C with Absolute Heaven” (Yes I think it’d be a full High 6-C because he did noticeably damage August)

Edit: As for durability, probably keep it as “At least Island level, likely far higher

He only hurt August with an attack that took out his arm in the process (Absolute Heaven). I’d settle on “At least 6-C, High 6-C with Absolute Heaven” (Yes I think it’d be a full High 6-C because he did noticeably damage August)

Edit: As for durability, probably keep it as “At least Island level, likely far higher
Eh, I don't like separating via attacks, so I'm fine with no High 6-C in that scenario

I think it should just stay the same, we know that Gildarts thought God Serena would be a good opponent if he was still alive. Plus his attacks neg Dura anyways so we can't say for sure that his AP is on the level of August.

I mean that attack is noticeably stronger so seems weird we'd just ignore that rating wise when other pages have ratings for single attacks
Yeah, but it also just occured to me that it's a Durability Negation attack since it was a Crush attack

Yeah Imma close this now, the fact that the last attack that made August bleed was Durability Negation kinda makes this pointless now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back