• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Low 2-C Neo Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I don't get how Zeref saying that the world will be destroyed and a new one will take its place is figurative. There's nothing to suggest that this is the case, especially coming from the smartest person in the Fairy Tail verse.
I actually agree with this, Zeref is being literal. The present and 400 years of history are being deleted, which gives birth to a new history where those events didn't happen and things went vastly differently, effectively replacing the current present with the new present Zeref wants to create. But again, this isn't a Low 2-C feat, since the whole timeline isn't being deleted, and it isn't 3-A either, since the world is being replaced by changing history after deleting those years.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

After hearing the points, I'm fine with Neo Eclipse simply being time hax, so this thread can be closed.

For the record, I personally agree with Ionliosite and Zaratthustra.

I thought it was already agreed on that Zeref's Neo Eclipse would just be time hax.

The thread has basically reached a conclusion but just so you got some more staff comments on here, I’ll say that, for the record, I agree with Ion. Not only does the feat seem difficult to but a Tier on, it mainly just seems like time hax

Ant, why do you contact so many staff members when the discussion had already reached a conclusion of not upgrading?

... No, again, it needs to affect the timeline from the start to finish to be Low 2-C, and just affecting a part of space-time is just hax rather than AP.
I’m neutral here but I will say this. I’m not seeing why this wouldn’t be Low 2-C.

Because while Neo Eclipse isn’t destroying the entire timeline, a universe is still being destroyed. The universe of that period of time is what’s getting destroyed. Logically, any difference in time will still have a universe present. Whether going into the future by x time or into the past by x time, the universe of that time period still exists and is still getting busted. Which should be Low 2-C from how I’m understanding it.

In fact, if I remember correctly, we usually consider entire timeline busting to be 2-B because of the different points in time being >= a countless number of universes. Solaris is an immediate example of this.

... What? How is destroying an entire timeline, literally the definition of Low 2-C, a 2-B feat? I'm sure that's missing some massive amount of context, because there's no way that's right.

... What? How is destroying an entire timeline, literally the definition of Low 2-C, a 2-B feat? I'm sure that's missing some massive amount of context, because there's no way that's right.
Again, refer to solaris for this. From what I last remember it, Solaris is 2-B strictly because it was going to devour an entire timeline from the past to the present to the future.

And like I said, universes would still be existing within different points in time. How would destroying a universe in [insert here] point in time...not be a universe/Low 2-C feat?

I totally agree with this, since my first reading of the chapter. I alway have seen Néo Eclipse as the action of overwriting an old backup (World save) with a early, fresh copy. Which why the old world is destroyed. A bit like what you do in Skyrim when you "go back in time" and you overwrite you current world save with a old one.
To quote myself. Here is an illustration that expresses my idea of the thing overall.
Neo_Eclipse.png

This is already concluded and rejected, but since Ant asked, no, I still think this isn't applicable for FT, much less for AP. Ion is correct about the mechanics of the time reset being invalid for Low 2-C or any other arbitrary tier, as hax can't be exactly quantified in numbers.

My bad, I meant 2-C for Solaris. But the point remains the same though.

We consider Solaris 2-C for devouring all of time from the past to the future, and aside from Solaris having dimension eating feats (assuming it isn’t eating only one at a time), this is the main crux for its 2-C rating.

So if we consider something like this 2-C for an entire timeline being busted, surely destroying part of it would fit Low 2-C in. Unless I’m missing something

Again, refer to solaris for this. From what I last remember it, Solaris is 2-B strictly because it was going to devour an entire timeline from the past to the present to the future.
Which Solaris are you talking about? Because I found two Solaris on the wiki, and neither is 2-B. One is 2-C via this:

Attack Potency: Low Multiverse level (Superior to the Egg Wizard and it was stated that Solaris would destroy all of time, consuming all existing timelines in the past, present and future, also eats dimensions for lunch)

This is blatantly 2-C because Solaris is affecting multiple timelines, but I'm not the most versed on Sonic, so I may be missing context here.

Which Solaris are you talking about? Because I found two Solaris on the wiki, and neither is 2-B. One is 2-C via this:

Attack Potency: Low Multiverse level (Superior to the Egg Wizard and it was stated that Solaris would destroy all of time, consuming all existing timelines in the past, present and future, also eats dimensions for lunch)

This is blatantly 2-C because Solaris is affecting multiple timelines, but I'm not the most versed on Sonic, so I may be missing context here.
Yeah I meant 2-C. My bad.

Anyway, from what the description says, the “multiple timelines” part appears to be the past, present and future no?

Again, I'm not versed on Sonic to give a proper argument, but from what I know, Classic Sonic's "past timeline" is shown as a completely different universe from the Modern one in Sonic Forces, in a manner similar to Trunks' "future timeline", so it would qualify as 2-C in that case.

Given Neo Eclipse is removing 400 years worth of time, wouldn't that just be Temporal EE + Temporal BFR?

Last edited:
Yeah Low 2-C was debunked, however people are claiming that it's hax, but we jumped the gun and "closed" the Crt without discussing what kind of hax it is first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back