• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction

Movie 1
  • The plot of the movie climaxes with a magic **** off bomb that can destroy the world.

Zeref, Fairy Heart, and Neo Eclipse
  • Through Fairy Heart and the Neo Eclipse Zeref was going to destroy the world (400 years of said world).
  • Zeref claims that he will end the world.
  • At this point in the story, Zeref obtains the pinnacle of all magic, which would put it above the magic bomb in the first movie.

Post-SBT Acnologia

Seven Flames Natsu
  • One shots Post-SBT Acnologia, pretty cut and dry.

Further Support
  • Fairy Heart Zeref with Neo Eclipse far outscales any magic prior in the verse, such as Ars Magica which is High 6-A, and characters like Post-SBT Acnologia and Seven Flames Natsu scale even higher than this Zeref. Point being that all these characters are casually High 6-A via massively upscaling a High 6-A feat, thus the statements are then further contextualized. If the characters are already casually High 6-A, then destroying the world meaning planetary destruction opposed to surface level destruction becomes highly probable.
  • While we can't actually pixel scale the FT planet and use it in calculations, there's no denying that the FT planet is much larger than your Earth-sized planet. The point here being that even if this world destruction doesn't entirely erase the planet, in reality the fact that the FT planet is unquantifiably larger than Earth (via vsbw rules preventing us from pixel scaling planets) adds to the validity of even lowballing the destruction to partial destruction reaching tier 5 levels.

Final Thoughts
  • Yes I know "world destroying" statements mean nothing on their own. They can be hyperbolic, they can be merely life-wiping statements, surface level destruction, planetary, to even cosmic levels of power depending on how "world" is defined in the context of the statements and series. My thought process is that if a character is casually High 6-A and then someone says they can destroy the world, that validates the planetary destruction interpretation. In the same vein that it is common to validate tier 3 statements with upper end tier 4 feats, but instead this time it is validating tier 5 statements with upper end tier 6 feats. I'm not saying "destroy the world" inherently means 5-B, it's obviously a case by case basis, and as I explained I think this case warrants consideration for the 5-B interpretation.
  • Lastly, I'd like to add that this doesn't create any inconsistencies either, as it only effects the tippy-top tiers of the verse. While not being inconsistent =/= being most consistent, I feel like it is worth pointing out nonetheless.

1azOvc1_2.png

I don't see anything here that points to planet busting outside of “destroy the world” you're going to need more evidence to suggest this bomb would have destroyed the entire planet.

For that Acnologia scan what kanji is used for that threat to earth even?

I don't see anything here that points to planet busting outside of “destroy the world” you're going to need more evidence to suggest this bomb would have destroyed the entire planet.

For that Acnologia scan what kanji is used for that threat to earth even?
I don't have the raws, but the phrase "the earth" usually refers to the planet, wherein "earth" can mean dirt or planet.

I don’t have easy access to the raws, but even if I did, that statement means very little as it refers to a scene where Acnologia cuts a line in the ocean, even then, these statements are very indirect and could very well refer to Acnologia destroying society and not the actual planet

Off site, this is an ok meta, but by VSBW standards, it definitely doesn’t pass for legit 5-B, so while I admire the effort Arc, I disagree with the OP 👀

As much as I want to agree with this CRT, I have to agree with Mitch. This isn't enough by itself for 5-B.

However given it was discussed in the OP, I do agree with Post SBT Acno and 7FD Natsu scaling above the Phoenix's surface wipe given Mashima himself says Acno is the strongest in Fairy Tail currently which would put him above anything the Phoenix can do.

you can destroy the world without destroying the planet, there's nothing concrete enough to conclude that the planet was actually at risk is there?

I don’t have easy access to the raws, but even if I did, that statement means very little as it refers to a scene where Acnologia cuts a line in the ocean, even then, these statements are very indirect and could very well refer to Acnologia destroying society and not the actual planet

Off site, this is an ok meta, but by VSBW standards, it definitely doesn’t pass for legit 5-B, so while I admire the effort Arc, I disagree with the OP 👀
I still feel like the support of upscaling High 6-A feats, aka the characters mentioned having casual High 6-A scaling, warrants at least a possibly rating. I mean I don't see why casual High 6-A scaling can't be used for possibly 5-B off of world destroying statements, when tier 4 feats are used to justify tier 3 scaling.

I'd argue that the scale is completely different. While tier 4 is a beast of its own, the cosmic tiers are all extremely large in terms of multipliers whereas tier 6 is full of x10 to reach the next. High 6-A is such a fat tier that upscaling from a low end feat is kinda reaching when the proposed tier would sit them solidly in tier 5. maybe if FT was near the top of High 6-A, this could work but as it stands, the OP just doesn't have enough backing imo.

Sure they upscale, but is their up scaling even close to tier 5? High 6A is a pretty big tier
It's pretty low into High 6-A
Technically they don't have any calcs high into High 6-A. However, that's for a bit of an unfair reason.

It's clear to see that the FT planet is bigger than Earth but we don't allow pixel scaling planets. The movie 1 feat realistically should be very high into High 6-A.

Technically they don't have any calcs high into High 6-A. However, that's for a bit of an unfair reason.

It's clear to see that the FT planet is bigger than Earth but we don't allow pixel scaling planets. The movie 1 feat realistically should be very high into High 6-A.
It sucks we can’t pixel scale planets😭 but currently, I’m gonna have to disagree as well with the OP

I think a rough calc was done for that and got about 13 exatons, but we're not allowed to pixel scale the size of a planet, we have to assume it's Earth-sized (for some reason).

A lot of this is downright unfounded, either that or it lacks blatant context. Neo Eclipse wasn't going to bust anything, he was just going to reset the time of the world not outright bust it. Also the Phoenix feat is in reference to his suicide attack, it's a world razing attack not him overpowering the GBE or anything of the sorts.

A lot of this is downright unfounded, either that or it lacks blatant context. Neo Eclipse wasn't going to bust anything, he was just going to reset the time of the world not outright bust it. Also the Phoenix feat is in reference to his suicide attack, it's a world razing attack not him overpowering the GBE or anything of the sorts.
Yeah my point isn't that the feat is inherently 5-B, but that casual High 6-A + world destroying statements warrants a possibly 5-B or sumn of the sorts.

I'll give it a closer examination in the morning but my initial impression, like others on here, is that this does not appear solid enough for an upgrade.

Yeah my point isn't that the feat is inherently 5-B, but that casual High 6-A + world destroying statements warrants a possibly 5-B or sumn of the sorts.
None of these feats are High 6-A+ tho. The High 6-A feats aren't exactly casually either, all of them are done via extreme amounts of Magic Power, Etherion and Dragon Cry, August's most powerful suicide spell, The Phoenix's suicide move, etc. There's scaling above it but the feats they scale above aren't done casually, and even the values that the god tiers scale to is very low on the High 6-A chart. None of this warrants a Possibly 5-B.

Whitebeard's quakes are 6-B, done via him flexing while deathly ill, super casual. He's also stated to be able to destroy the world by knowledgeable characters, guess we're also upgrading One Piece and Naruto characters.

I wasn't saying High 6-A+, I was saying High 6-A plus(+ as in and) world destroying statements. My b for the miscommunication.

The feats aren't casual for August sure, but the others >>> August, hence I say casual scaling for them.

Casual 6-B =/= casual High 6-A. Ofc if Ac was only 6-B I wouldn't have made this lmao. In the OP I acknowledge that I'm not championing "world destroyer is always 5-B" cmon now.

I wasn't saying High 6-A+, I was saying High 6-A plus(+ as in and) world destroying statements. My b for the miscommunication.
It's good.
The feats aren't casual for August sure, but the others >>> August, hence I say casual scaling for them.
That's upscaling, that doesn't mean the feat itself is casual and even then they aren't tremendously above the suicide move, going by values at least.
Casual 6-B =/= casual High 6-A. Ofc if Ac was only 6-B I wouldn't have made this lmao. In the OP I acknowledge that I'm not championing "world destroyer is always 5-B" cmon now.
Missed the bigger point there, the range of High 6-A is massive and these characters are on the lower ends of the tier. They aren't even approaching the High end Petaton's let alone low end Exatons. Your suggesting that characters who aren't even close to breaching High 6-A+ are suddenly going to jump up to 5-B? Which is a literal differences of what thousands of times? 6-B is closer to FT's High 6-A value than said value is close to 5-B. It makes virtually no difference in the long run.

Missed the bigger point there, the range of High 6-A is massive and these characters are on the lower ends of the tier. They aren't even approaching the High end Petaton's let alone low end Exatons. Your suggesting that characters who aren't even close to breaching High 6-A+ are suddenly going to jump up to 5-B? Which is a literal differences of what thousands of times?
When going from a finite mana source to an infinite mana source yes. Especially when they all dooky on the other High 6-A characters.

When going from a finite mana source to an infinite mana source yes. Especially when they all dooky on the other High 6-A characters.
Which doesn't increase Zeref's AP Infinitely, it isn't accepted as an infinite multiplier and let's be honest here, nobody is going to buy that. Going by your own logic Zeref would have Infinite AP.

Doesn't mean they're suddenly thousands of times stronger. Again nobody is going to by this whenever the values that the God tier scale to aren't close to being thousands of times stronger than what they scale above.

Which doesn't increase Zeref's AP Infinitely, it isn't accepted as an infinite multiplier and let's be honest here, nobody is going to buy that.
Not arguing for High 3-A Zeref...

Doesn't mean they're suddenly thousands of times stronger. Again nobody is going to by this whenever the values that the God tier scale to aren't close to being thousands of times stronger than what they scale above.
They scale above Phoenix which is unquantifiably above 7.67e26 joules (since the FT planet is obviously larger than Earth we just can't scale its size due to site rules, but it's clear to see it's larger). Then Zeref acquires "infinite magic" so them getting a massive amp seems believable.

Not arguing for High 3-A Zeref...
No but that's what your indirectly insinuating since magic power in FT scales to AP.
They scale above Phoenix which is unquantifiably above 7.67e26 joules (since the FT planet is obviously larger than Earth we just can't scale its size due to site rules, but it's clear to see it's larger).
They scale to 67 Petatons, not even breaking the 100 Petaton range. Come on now, you yourself know this isn't even an argument.
Then Zeref acquires "infinite magic" so them getting a massive amp seems believable.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, that isn't nearly enough to justify an amp that's boosting you to thousands of times stronger. Flat out gonna say it, this is blatant wank. Unless you have a direct statement of them being suddenly thousands of times stronger (which you don't.) then this entire argument is moot.

No but that's what your indirectly insinuating since magic power in FT scales to AP.
Naw it doesn't have to be 1:1, but an attack that has more magic pumped into it > same attack with less magic.

They scale to 67 Petatons, not even breaking the 100 Petaton range. Come on now, you yourself know this isn't even an argument.
Phoenix is gonna be massively lowballed because we can't use the planet's true size tbf.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, that isn't nearly enough to justify an amp that's boosting you to thousands of times stronger. Flat out gonna say it, this is blatant wank. Unless you have a direct statement of them being suddenly thousands of times stronger (which you don't.) then this entire argument is moot.
The statement is that he can destroy the world, which I'm pushing for a 5-B/possibly 5-B based on Zeref upscaling High 6-A separately.

As much as I want to agree with this CRT, I have to agree with Mitch. This isn't enough by itself for 5-B.

However given it was discussed in the OP, I do agree with Post SBT Acno and 7FD Natsu scaling above the Phoenix's surface wipe given Mashima himself says Acno is the strongest in Fairy Tail currently which would put him above anything the Phoenix can do.
Where does that wipe scale to?

Arc may not be far off, at first I would of thought so but now idk cause

I watched these lengthy videos that I came across on twitter that were debunking DB gray vs esdeath and he got natsu at tier High 6-A to scale to Gray. Yea it sounds out there but man ALOT was brought up. Brought vswiki to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back