• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 2

Davidsteel1 said:
Huh so the downgrades are going through? That's... disappointing. And while I honestly do not agree with the OP upgrades I'd rather not compare it to FT. Frankly I knew something like this would happen but it is still irritating to see; sometimes it just feels like everything is against u doesn't it?
I just don't trust this place for Fairy Tail stuff. Even Ant disagreed Everything else I am good with. Digimon usually goes off without a hitch. Fairy Tail just doesn't and never will. I feel the same for DMC and Bayonetta.

OP upgrade has less evidince to it yet no one questioned it.

Its almost like they don't want to admit that FT characters are strong.

Ugh, this just reminds me of the downgrades coming for Bleach and Naruto. The only thing I'm 'happy' about for Naruto is that he's getting Low-Mid Regenerationn. And for Bleach, they got upgraded to Relativistic at least. Why is it only the One Piece fans that get so much joy?!

WWhy don't you guys say something about it being an outlier. I'm not in the mood and plus I'm not gonna do the same thing I criticized Cal for doing.

While I honestly would say we should be careful with our claims and not accuse anyone of bias against FT I do believe that it should be looked at again. Not trying to compare but look OP just got massive upgrades for a meteor feat that might or might not be an outlier (I can kinda get this) my problem is that we have just about no other feat ago justify this, at least in FT the meteor summoned was by a character that just powered up and has 2 potential Island level feats (not concrete but at least opens up the possibility) but then the first is passed without much problem and the second is fought b4 during and after the upgrade. If such scrutiny I should applicable to the second scenario y is it not applicable to the first?

I already asked whether or not there was any other scans that support the 41000+ km atomospher and I was basically ignored, I honestly didn't care at the time so I just dropped it.

Wouldn't be the first time non staff has ever commented on a revision thread before. Just say you wanna make a point or something. It's your choice to do so in the end tho. If you don't want to bother, just don't bother.

okay I apologize, I didn't really pay attention to the thread for Fuji's sub-rel meteor nor do I remember all who were involved my mistake.

Aizen calls bullshit no matter what. Aizen will even call out Aizen BS XD. What do you think about the OP stuff? Hey you're a former Admin you can probably comment freely.

like most of the scaling/tiers for OP I think it's nonsense.

Don't worry though, those OP stats will not be around for long. I guarantee it

Doflamingos birdcage scaling to his usual strings/attacks is a joke in of itself.

Well at least I have something to look forward to....

I'm so freaking biased against OP it isn't funny.......hypocritical really...

I personally can't take Umineko's stats seriously:(. I love the series but the idea that all of the charater are teir 1 is a bit far fetch.

I don't understand why FT fans have such unbridled hatred towards One Piece. Is it because the two verses are reasonably close in Tiers ?

@Roy I asked the same question a while ago myself, as far as I'm aware it's a mutual dislike. And what I've been told is disappointing; apparently the hatred is because apparently both verses are similar in tone and somewhat similar in art style. Not particularly good reasons

Fairy Tail artstyle is nothing like One Piece and tonally, I think One Piece goes a lot darker than FT. The basic friendship BS is there in both mangas but if that is your point of reference then 90% of all Shounen manga would be exactly the same

From what I understand, it's because the two verses are close in Tiers and any upgrade/downgrade one verse gets is very significant for the fans of both verses because they are a good matchup (or at least they were, before everyone of significance in One Piece went up to Country level)

Burning Full Fingers said:
I didn't even know there was a rivalry between One Piece and Fairy Tail until somewhat recently.
There is and it is fierce.

Note: Enough of this. Let's not discuss things which could result in bad blood between two fandoms.

@BFF yup chapters out.

@Roy maybe I should have been more specific, the earlier chapters in FT were similar in art style to OP. And while ur not wrong that the tones in both series are different from time to time, it's the general feeling they both give off; a wacky world, wackier characters and an overall uplifting feeling from both. But u r right when u say that there is some strange power struggle going on between the verses, but it's not the only reason

by the way if Etherio is said to destroy a country, and fairy tail earth is many times bigger than ours doesn't that mean it should be large country to small continent and not just country level.

I will say that it is not right to think only FT fans dislike OP. Many OP fans dislike FT because it is a "copy". It is a two way street. Neither side likes each other all that well because of dumb crap, I never really liked One Piece myself, but you don't see me trashing it every second I get. It's pretty pitiful.

It's not just op fans and the reason they dislike it isn't because it's a copy, anime/manga fans in general dislike it because of the nakama power ups and all the other flaws it has, and there's nothing wrong with criticising a series, fairy tail gets trashed by all fans not just one piece

Fact is that all manga/anime fandoms have immature brats who need to grow the F*** up and enjoy what they like and leave others to enjoy what they like. It's a major issue with the manga/anime community.

Anyway, I once again ask you all to drop the Fairy Tail vs One Piece topic. I've seen this topic quickly and badly derail threads on other forums.

Frozone54666 said:
It's not just op fans and the reason they dislike it isn't because it's a copy, anime/manga fans in general dislike it because of the nakama power ups and all the other flaws it has, and there's nothing wrong with criticising a series, fairy tail gets trashed by all fans not just one piece
Do you think I was talking about all anime/manga fans? The topic we are discussing was the FT and OP rivalry. Common sense tells us not just OP dislike it. We are just on the topic of FT and OP simple as that. We never said that a series could not be criticised. Where did we once say that? Anyway we will drop this now.

Guys drop the fairy tail and one piece topic here and move on, i have so many things to say about this topic but you don't see me doing it.

This is a fairy tail discussion thread, anything that isn't about the fairy tail series is just derailing the thread

Back