• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: August Massive Ability Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Yeah, so I've been meaning to do this for a while some annoying mrks told me I was lazy for not doing this yet but August should have a tabber in his powers and abilities that lists every Non-Holder Type Magic in the verse aside from special and non-conventional powers like those of the Five Dragon Gods, Fairy Heart, Space Between Time, Anhkseram Black Magic, etc. This is based off the fact that it is said that August has learned every kind of magic under the sun, even moreso than Zeref, and he is also called the king of all magic. We see this demonstrated when he showcases that he already knows and has mastered every single Magic the Oracion Seis have used.

So yeah, I will make a Sandbox listing all the abilities within the next day or two, and then post it here

Wait; I think this is missing some context.

I thought that this reputation of August's came about because he could copy magic that was used against him. So it looks like he already knows every kind of magic in advance; when really he can copy magic that has been used against him, increasing his arsenal during battle.

I'm down with this but he certainly doesn't know more magic than Zeref

That was just Makarov jacking him off from what little knowledge on him he had

Wait; I think this is missing some context.

I thought that this reputation of August's came about because he could copy magic that was used against him. So it looks like he already knows every kind of magic in advance; when really he can copy magic that has been used against him, increasing his arsenal during battle.
Doesn't August have Copy Magic which gives the illusion of him knowing every caster type magic?
That’s how he gains the Magics so fast, but he keeps all the Magics that he copies, so he still has every single Magic in the verse. He would still have All the Magics in the world. He’s like Kakashi, who’s copied 1000 Jutsu over the years and can use them at any time.

@DemonGodMitchAubin Yeah, but we don't say that Kakashi could possibly use every known non-Kekkai Genkai jutsu in the verse on his profile (as far as I recall).

I think it would be better if we only listed the magic abilities that we know he has mastered already; instead of every potential ability out there that he could have mastered.

@DemonGodMitchAubin Yeah, but we don't say that Kakashi could possibly use every known non-Kekkai Genkai jutsu in the verse on his profile (as far as I recall).

I think it would be better if we only listed the magic abilities that we know he has mastered already; instead of every potential ability out there that he could have mastered.
Nah, I think it’s valid to list his potential options for vs battles purposes. It’s like how we list all the Schrifts Yhwach can use. Also TBH Kakashi should have 1000 Jutsu’s listed as optional abilities.

Nah, I think it’s valid to list his potential options for vs battles purposes. It’s like how we list all the Schrifts Yhwach can use. Also TBH Kakashi should have 1000 Jutsu’s listed as optional abilities.
I also disagree with the Yhwach example being on his profile but was overruled on that.

Does he literally have all those abilities at some point or is just that he can copy any ability when he sees them or whatever? There's a very important difference between the two, if it's the former then I agree with the CRT and if the latter then I disagree.

As for the above mentioned Kakashi example, that's clearly faulty because we have zero idea what abilities Kakashi has actually copied, he's said to have copied a thousand jutsu, not every jutsu in existence, we can't list something we don't know about.

Does he literally have all those abilities at some point or is just that he can copy any ability when he sees them or whatever? There's a very important difference between the two, if it's the former then I agree with the CRT and if the latter then I disagree.
There are rumors that he could use every magic, but the way it is phrase makes it sound unconfirmed. (Also technically proven false when it is shown there is one at least one type of magic he couldn't copy).

There are rumors that he could use every magic, but the way it is phrase makes it sound unconfirmed. (Also technically proven false when it is shown there is one at least one type of magic he couldn't copy).
In that case I disagree, the strongest piece of evidence is just a rumor as you said as oppose to say a narrator statement and it could easily be interpreted as him being able to use any ability by copying them as oppose to just ouright possessing them all in that moment.

We wouldn't give Sharingan users 90% of the abilities in Naruto because they could copy them, nor would we give Loyd Lloyd every ability in Bleach because he could copy them.
Btw I know absolutely nothing about Fairy Tail and my opinion is only based on evidence presented to me, so take it with a grain of salt

As for the above mentioned Kakashi example, that's clearly faulty because we have zero idea what abilities Kakashi has actually copied, he's said to have copied a thousand jutsu, not every jutsu in existence, we can't list something we don't know about.
The rumor comes from him copying and keeping every magic in the world. It’s not that he doesn’t have them, it’s that he has a broken way to instantly have them. He’s spent 80+ years copying and learning magics across the entire series so much that it’s said he’s learned them all. So having a list of the possible abilities he can have is good for indexing and vs battles purposes.

This is kind of a weird situation I've ran into myself a few times. It's hard to claim he knows any specific move in particular but at the same time he'd clearly know most of them. I think you could maybe "solve" this by adding something like "likely far more" at the end of the P&A and NA&T lists?

Maybe if there's some very common attacks in the setting you can add them with a "likely" in the P&A/NA&T?

Also if people who know of his power mimicry think he knows all spells then OP is fine ig

Yeah sorry but unless we get more confirmation than just Makarov, I'm with Damage on this one.

Remember that Makarov thought Dimaria was just a really good swordswoman so his hearsay knowledge is not 100% solid.

I'm neutral, as I see both sides having solid reasoning. I would be fine with listing all the non holder magics from the war arc as that is a more conservative/reasonable approach and works for his powers he basically sat and watched/sensed most of, if not all the battles taking place the entire arc, which would give him access to those magics used in that arc.

august himself said that he has already mastered almost all the spells in the verse, there are quotes of him knowing all kinds of magic, whether new or old and also that the rumor that even Makarov knows, which is of August being able to use any kind of magic under the sun.

with these three quotes, it's obvious that he just doesn't have holder type spells and original spells.

august himself said that he has already mastered almost all the spells in the verse
If that's not him just keeping up the facade then applying all the spells he could reasonably know with a possibly is fine imo (in a separate tabber to keep things clear)

august himself said that he has already mastered almost all the spells in the verse, there are quotes of him knowing all kinds of magic, whether new or old and also that the rumor that even Makarov knows, which is of August being able to use any kind of magic under the sun.

with these three quotes, it's obvious that he just doesn't have holder type spells and original spells.
A scan of this should exist in the OP as that's pretty clear evidence if true

Yeah that's pretty blatant lol, only thing I can see against it is if he maybe is trying to hide his power mimicry here?
Him having all the magics is not what he's trying to hide. The big problem that everyone had against August is not that August has every Magic, it's that he can nullify all Non-Holder Type Magic, but not Holder Type Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back