• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Absolute Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
In Fairy Tail Chapter 497, the chapter says that Invel has a winter cold that bests even Absolute Zero, so he should have Absolute Zero on his profile
1gd2vAd.jpg

It's supported by the numerous feats of him being able to freeze fire and ice, as well as make Gray feel cold, and have ice that can only be melted by Natsu, despite characters like Wall having 200,000,000 degree heat. There's an abundance of scaling above people who have insane cold feats, so this is highly supported

I don't agree with writing it off solely because it's in the chapter text, I mean this is very direct

Although the presented feats sound more like magic (like freezing fire and ice) or just very very low temperatures rather than actual evidences, this thing might meet our requirements for Absolute Zero.
What I'm more concerned about is if the tagline can be considered a reliable source, as they tend to be used to hype up the new chapters.

Still, a "possibly Absolute Zero" might still be warranted.

Basically what Saman said, the statement itself doesn't really matter much if it doesn't fit within our criteria for AZ.

From what I've seen the temperature needs to be directly stated for AZ to be given to characters, such as Rukia's Bankai.

Freezing air doesn't really support AZ either and I'm not sure if it not melting from Natsu's fire is supportive evidence since ice is still ice regardless of the temperature.

• If the source of the statement is reliable?
This is the part that seems uncertain.
  • If the statement conflicts with the story or feats of the character?
It does not.
  • If the statement is only valid in the context of its setting, or if it holds up in comparison with other settings?
Don't see why this would be a problem.

To me, it fits 2 1/2 of the criteria.
So, I think a "possibly" should be fine. It would be used in VS threads unless restricted.

What I'm more concerned about is if the tagline can be considered a reliable source, as they tend to be used to hype up the new chapters.
Regarding this portion, the statement should be taken as fairly reliable. Looking at the various chapters around it, many of them tend to depict the various events that will happen either currently or in future chapters in reasonably accurate detail. The very next Chapter the narrative text describes the current events between Gray and Juvia being affected by Invels magic. Two chapters later, the previous chapter doesn't have narration text at the end, we are also told that Natsu and Gray's friendship has been torn apart which which does happen in a later chapter as Gray wants to kill END. In that chapter the text was eluding to, we are told that Natsu and Gray are gonna battle in the narration text which does happen the following chapter. It even mentions fate with regards to Zeref which is something that gets directly brought up later on.

Even when we get more hyperbolic statements such as this and this, quotes are used to which are used denote the hyperbolic nature of those statements. Quotes are not present in the Invel statement which would add more credibility to said statement.

I would agree for possibly or likely to this.

Doesnt he also have the word "absolute zero" on his shirt? Obviously isn't strong evidence, just weak supporting evidence

I mean... In terms of heat

Basic Fire<Fukurou's Fire Magic<X784 Gray's Ice Magic=X784 Base Natsu's Fire Magic<X784 Lyon's Ice Magic<X791 Lyon's Ice Magic<=X791 Base Gray's Ice Magic=X791 Base Natsu's Fire Magic<<<Silver's Ice Magic<=X791 Devil Slayer Gray's Ice Magic<X792 Devil Slayer Gray's Ice Magic=X792 Base Natsu's Fire Magic<<<Wall's Magnetic Confinement<Invel's Ice Magic<Peak X792 Base Natsu's Fire

So the chain of heat is large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back