• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest: Chapter 103 Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point isn't only that she uses the spell, but the fact she remembers the events of that arc, which I think would allow it to be considered canon.
The filler arc is where she uses the spell together with Yukino and Hisui, and learns that the latter is a Celestial Spirit mage, all elements that return in this chapter explicitly because Lucy has memories of that.

This means that either the arc is canon, or we assume Lucy went through some unknown event that led her to cast Gottfried together with Yukino and Hisui for some reason, otherwise she wouldn't be able to remember it and summon copies of Yukino and Hisui to help her. (and the previous page is all about her tapping into her memories of past events).
I usually don't like to pull the "Occam's Razor" card, but the most logical explanation is that she remembers the filler arc because it happened, instead of some other unknown but similar reason.

It is also supported by the fact that the manga is used to make fillers canon, so it wouldn't be anything new.
I was initially going to agree with Arc, but Saman's explanation, as well as some of the others' arguments, turned me around.
So yeah, I agree with the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back