• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest: Chapter 103 Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Ok, so this chapter had some major implications given to it, but there's two main factors to this chapter

First, Lucy uses the spell Gottfried, which manages to one-shot Kiria and leave her unconscious and severely damaged. This makes Lucy's Gottfried above Base Laxus, since Base Laxus could not one-shot Kiria and while he did defeat her with Roaring Thunder, she was still conscious and clearly less damaged than when she was hit by Lucy's Gottfried. So this means that Lucy's Gottfried scales above Base Laxus and would be Planet level+.

Secondly, Gottfried isn't some out of nowhere spell, it's a spell that originates from the Eclipse Celestial Spirits Arc in the Anime, which means that that Anime arc is canon. The arc fits with the timeline right after the GMG Arc, so that isn't an issue. Now some may say that this attack appearing alone isn't enough justification, but it very much is, Lucy summons copies of Hisui and Yukino to use the spell, which is what she did in the SCS Arc. As well, Gottfried is a long forgotten spell than only Hisui knew about and Lucy would not have known about this spell without Hisui telling her how to use it in the SCS Arc. As well, the fact that this spell is in reference to Lucy remembering the past and how Hisui is a Celestial Spirit Mage is something only revealed in the SCS Arc, so no matter how you look at it, this would only be possible if the SCS Arc did happen in canon.

The SCS Arc being canon doesn't even change much tho, just adds two new Natsu forms and a couple abilities to characters. Let me make it clear that no wanked Tier 5 to Tier 2 feats that come from this arc will be used. The feats aren't clear or direct and even if they were, they are extreme outliers.

I disagree with the arc being canon just because Lucy uses a spell that originated in that arc and some characters were made canon. For example, in Bleach Kubo used Shunsui’s filler Zanpakuto design in the canon, and CFYOW makes mention of Muramasa, but that doesn’t make Bleach filler canon. Until we get explicit references to the events of that arc it shouldn’t be taken for canon based on references.

I disagree with the arc being canon just because Lucy uses a spell that originated in that arc and some characters were made canon. For example, in Bleach Kubo used Shunsui’s filler Zanpakuto design in the canon, and CFYOW makes mention of Muramasa, but that doesn’t make Bleach filler canon. Until we get explicit references to the events of that arc it shouldn’t be taken for canon based on references.
This is whataboutism, we're not talking about bleach here, we're talking about Fairy tail. This is completely ignoring the context as well.

Mashima has been continuously been making references to things in both original FT and 100 years quest, such as the first and 2nd fairy tail movies which were originally considered non canon, the key of the starry sky arc from the anime as well was non canon as well until it was directly referenced in the original manga. The fact that is was brought in, along with the blatant evidence that's provided would appeal to occom's razor because it literally makes no sense to name the spell the same with the same 3 characters that used it in the past on screen but apparently was used in a completely different circumstance that no one knows about. You have to jump through multiple loops just to get lackluster conclusion when the most blatant answer is right fairy clear.

This is whataboutism, we're not talking about bleach here, we're talking about Fairy tail. This is completely ignoring the context as well.

Mashima has been continuously been making references to things in both original FT and 100 years quest, such as the first and 2nd fairy tail movies which were originally considered non canon, the key of the starry sky arc from the anime as well was non canon as well until it was directly referenced in the original manga. The fact that is was brought in, along with the blatant evidence that's provided would appeal to occom's razor because it literally makes no sense to name the spell the same with the same 3 characters that used it in the past on screen but apparently was used in a completely different circumstance that no one knows about. You have to jump through multiple loops just to get lackluster conclusion when the most blatant answer is right fairy clear.
Not at all I don’t care nor is it relevant that other non manga events were made canon. Just because Hiro makes Dragon Cry or whatever else canon doesn’t mean that everything gets the canon pass. Frankly if there aren’t references to the filler events happening in the canon manga, as is the case here, then you have no concrete proof the events of the filler are canon. Simple as that.

All the more reason for her character being used to not inherently indicate that arc is canon.
I still think the context does really help, during the fight, she makes copies of Yukino and Hisui to cast the spell while specifically mentioning the memories of all the people she has met giving her power to defeat Kiria
This confirms that the eclipse arc is canon because that is the only arc where they do this spell together and Hisui is mentioned and shown to be capable of using celestial spirit magic.

I still think the context does really help, during the fight, she makes copies of Yukino and Hisui to cast the spell while specifically mentioning the memories of all the people she has met giving her power to defeat Kiria
This confirms that the eclipse arc is canon because that is the only arc where they do this spell together and Hiei is mentioned and shown to be capable of using celestial spirit magic.
Again just because she casts that spell in filler, and later casts it in canon, does not mean the events of the filler are canon. That is not an inhetent implication to the filler events happening.

Again just because she casts that spell in filler, and later casts it in canon, does not mean the events of the filler are canon. That is not an inhetent implication to the filler events happening.
She didn’t know about that spell until she was taught it in that arc by Hisui, which is that arguement for it being canon

She didn’t know about that spell until she was taught it in that arc by Hisui, which is that arguement for it being canon
No no no, that is faulty circular reasoning, because the only way you can justify that is to assume that arc happened. She could’ve learned that spell any time off screen, her use of that spell doesn’t mean the events of the arc happened.

Not at all I don’t care nor is it relevant that other non manga events were made canon. Just because Hiro makes Dragon Cry or whatever else canon doesn’t mean that everything gets the canon pass. Frankly if there aren’t references to the filler events happening in the canon manga, as is the case here, then you have no concrete proof the events of the filler are canon. Simple as that.
this is just an argument from ignorance, there is blatant evidence that the events are canon as the spell was a major plot point in the arc which you are just ignoring. Given we have provided the burden of proof, you need to bring some form of evidence to back up your claim other than "I think this is false".
No no no, that is faulty circular reasoning, because the only way you can justify that is to assume that arc happened. She could’ve learned that spell any time off screen, her use of that spell doesn’t mean the events of the arc happened.
Occam's Razor says otherwise

this is just an argument from ignorance, there is blatant evidence that the events are canon as the spell was a major plot point in the arc which you are just ignoring. Given we have provided the burden of proof, you need to bring some form of evidence to back up your claim other than "I think this is false".

Occom's Razor says otherwise
Occam’s Razor states the path of least and simplest assumptions is generally the best path. I choose to assume nothing, it is you who assumes that because a technique and character used in filler appears in canon that every event of the filler is canon. None of what you say changes the fact that the actual events of the filler aren’t mentioned at all.

I've always supported the Eclipse Arc being canon, and the fact that only Hisui knew about Gottfried before that arc seals it for me.

EASY agree.

Occam’s Razor states the path of least and simplest assumptions is generally the best path. I choose to assume nothing, it is you who assumes that because a technique and character used in filler appears in canon that every event of the filler is canon. None of what you say changes the fact that the actual events of the filler aren’t mentioned at all.
What? Your literally assuming that the events of the arc didn't happen, and even if you didn't, you still proposed that she could have learned the spell off screen which is an assumption. you also haven't brought any substantial counter arguments other than that it's "Incorrect". I shouldn't have to point out the fragility of such an argument.

What? Your literally assuming that the events of the arc didn't happen, and even if you didn't, you still proposed that she could have learned the spell off screen which is an assumption. you also haven't brought any substantial counter arguments other than that it's "Incorrect". I shouldn't have to point out the fragility of such an argument.
“You’re literally assuming the events of the FILLER arc didn’t happen”
uh no shit, the default assumption is that filler is not canon until explicitly proven otherwise. We do not assume that filler must be canon just because of a loose reference. Fact of the matter is, you have absolutely zero concrete evidence that the events of the filler happened in canon, and that’s not going to change until we get legit confirmation that the events of the filler event actually happened. Characters being made canon or techniques being made canon with no further extrapolation is not proof of filler being canon. You guys are unironically claiming that filler techniques and characters (albeit someone above said the character isn’t even filler original) being made canon means that every event of the filler must be canon. Not only is that quite the reach, it is not inherently the case either. Y’all are quite literally being given a yard and running a mile with it.

Agree with the Gottfried upgrade and even making Eclipse Celestial Spirits Arc canon, I don't see any change to the power scaling much other than Natsu's Black Fire Dragon Mode.

Agree with Lucy’s upgrade

Neutral on the Eclipse arc being canon

Idk if it’s worth noting or not since this is anime only and from what I understand we don’t use the anime at all even if Hiro was heavily involved and even used the anime to expand upon certain aspects of the manga that he wasn’t able to due to time constraints (Such as Erigor’s return in the Seis Arc)

but anyway the events of the Eclipse arc is mentioned in the anime version of the Tartoros arc during the CSK vs Mard Geer

And Hiro had involvement with the Anime version of the Tartoros arc and he had actually intended for the Tartoros arc in the manga to go on longer than it turned out to be

But again from what I understand we don’t use the anime at all but I could be wrong so idk take from that what you will

I agree with this.

At least that a character or a technique appearing from a filler source does not inherently make said filler canon.

The point isn't only that she uses the spell, but the fact she remembers the events of that arc, which I think would allow it to be considered canon.
The filler arc is where she uses the spell together with Yukino and Hisui, and learns that the latter is a Celestial Spirit mage, all elements that return in this chapter explicitly because Lucy has memories of that.

This means that either the arc is canon, or we assume Lucy went through some unknown event that led her to cast Gottfried together with Yukino and Hisui for some reason, otherwise she wouldn't be able to remember it and summon copies of Yukino and Hisui to help her. (and the previous page is all about her tapping into her memories of past events).
I usually don't like to pull the "Occam's Razor" card, but the most logical explanation is that she remembers the filler arc because it happened, instead of some other unknown but similar reason.

It is also supported by the fact that the manga is used to make fillers canon, so it wouldn't be anything new.

Last edited:
The point isn't only that she uses the spell, but the fact she remembers the events of that arc, which I think would allow it to be considered canon.
The filler arc is where she uses the spell together with Yukino and Hisui, and learns that the latter is a Celestial Spirit mage, all elements that return in this chapter explicitly because Lucy has memories of that.

This means that either the arc is canon, or we assume Lucy went through some unknown even that led her to cast Gottfried together with Yukino and Hisui for some reason, otherwise she wouldn't be able to remember it and summon copies of Yukino and Hisui to help her. (and the previous panel page is all about her tapping into her memories of past events).
I usually don't like to pull the "Occam's Razor" card, but the most logical explanation is that she remembers the filler arc because it has happened, instead of some other unknown but similar reason.

It is also supported by the fact that the manga is used to make fillers canon, so it wouldn't be anything new.
images

count me as agreeeee

Excuse me I'm curious is there going to be a celestial spirit beast scaling and eclipse ophisious scaling too since the spirit arc is now confirmed to be cannon .

I agree with this.

At least that a character or a technique appearing from a filler source does not inherently make said filler canon.
actually the main manga makes shows Hisui having magic powers too around the end like in the anime arc too, and since this is a memory based spell, that is a strong bit of evidence to show that she did remember using it before and that it did happen.

Well after SamanPatou’s explanation I agree with the Ecplise arc being canon

I mean I get the skepticism because unlike dragon cry which was directly stated to be canon by Hiro himself and has multiple references to events of the movie in the manga

And the events key of the starry sky arc was directly referenced in the manga

However we accepted the Phoenix priestess movie as canon due to Natsu remembering the deaths of Eclair

Which is similar to the case with Lucy as she remove remembered a spell that only Hisui knew about in the Eclipse arc

And if I recall correctly Hisui was never stated to be a mage in the GMG arc

And Hisui being a wizard was only shown in the Ecplis arc

But she was shown processing magic in the final arc of the manga
Panel is here

And only 10% of the population can use magic so her all of a sudden using magic in the final arc wouldn’t really makes sense unless the Eclipse arc being canon to manga would make sense

And we accepted Acnologia’s anime only backstory as canon to manga due to Hiro stateing he had in involvement with that episode and how he intend for Acnologia’s backstory to be in the last arc of the manga but couldn’t expand upon it due to time constraints so he sued the anime

So I don’t know why we shouldn’t also use the CSK vs Mard Geer fight in anime as supporting evidence especially when Hiro is stated to use the anime to expand upon certain aspects of the manga

This means that either the arc is canon, or we assume Lucy went through some unknown event that led her to cast Gottfried together with Yukino and Hisui for some reason, otherwise she wouldn't be able to remember it and summon copies of Yukino and Hisui to help her. (and the previous page is all about her tapping into her memories of past events).
I usually don't like to pull the "Occam's Razor" card, but the most logical explanation is that she remembers the filler arc because it happened, instead of some other unknown but similar reason.

This here solidifies it for me. I agree with the op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back