• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extraordinary Genius For Demiurge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
The Overlord one.

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. At this level, many are capable of creating futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, and potentially even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations, or outperforming supercomputers. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

A clear example of this can be shown well in Season 3, Episode 9. In this, Demiurge correctly predicted and played Jircniv, an experienced and relatively intelligence ruler of a country, into an incredibly specific line of thinking and planning meant to lead to world domination and the downfall of all opposition within Demiurge's plan, which he does while also in the confines of Ainz's inane incompetence.

Not to mention Demiurge has been spreading out "Ainz's" plan of world domination for an exceptionally long time, and Ainz himself never even noticed until halfway through. So for all this time, he's been playing and predicting people, creating events and personas, predicting the exact reactions and moves of also intelligent people, all while trying to make sense of what Ainz is doing and fitting it into the plan. That, planning the future precisel with sheer mental calculations alone, along with a side of world domination, makes me think he should have Extraordinary Genius. The other floor guardians could be argued, but they haven't shown anything quite like Demiurge has.

Thoughts?

Seems sad that everyone from Spider-Man to Joseph can hit Extraordinary but complex world dominating maniac predicting people's every move can't.

Did a quick skim of Volume 9 online, the scene happens nearly ver betim. I don't own the book itself in paper but I plan to buy it soon regardless. What level of authenticity would appease you?

ThePixelKirby said:
Seems sad that everyone from Spider-Man to Joseph can hit Extraordinary but complex world dominating maniac predicting people's every move can't.
Spiderman during his time as an adult of Parker industries is considered up there in terms of pure intelligence by comparison to Tony Stark and Tchalla, along with being able to descipher, predict, and counter an opponents fighting style by looking at it, and can is able to invent new forms of technology on a whim to counter whatever situation is present, and with prep time, practically becomes a better version of whatever opponent he's facing

Marking Spiderman as anything less then an extraordinary genius shows a distinct lack of knowledge on him. And I doubt Demiurge is up there with Marvels smartest.

I'm not saying he isn't. But I'm saying he's shown similar capabilities in mental abilities, and anything less is both against the very definition and what Demiurge has done.

As far as I know, reading fighting styles with ease isn't equal to reading an entire situation and a person's entire reaction, led in a way to suit your plans.

There's nothing in the OP I haven't seen where I can't bring up multiple different times Any of the three characters I mentioned have done that exact same thing.

Genius I think fits best, but Extroadinary is pushing it

Plus, thinking strategys on the fly doesn't make you a genius all around either, combat savvy absolutely, all around genius not so much.

Plus world dominating is Demiurge following Ainz's plan.

You realize Ainz had no idea they were dominating the world until Demiurge brought it up, right? Demiurge just assumed Ainz wanted it, so he went right on ahead and did it. Thinking strategies on the fly is one thing, but stringing together a world domination plot and predicting the exact reactions of other leaders and reasonably intelligent people, manipulated exactly that way to fit into your plans, that's a whole different realm of intelligence. I don't even think Demiurge has needed to plan many things on the fly, as a vast majority of things that happened outside of Shalltear's rebellion were planned very well in advance, even if Ainz didn't have a clue.

Also, if the three Extraordinaries you mentioned did the exact same thing, which is debatable, does that not put Demiurge up there?

Yes, that's Ainz taking over Land after land with his strength, not Demiurge planning around it.

Plus, stringing together a world domination plot isn't hard when you have an unstoppable killing machine on your side

Besides, thinking over what political leaders are thinking is smart, but genius? No

That is an obscene amount of downplay, honestly. Demiurge is the reason why Ainz does most of the things he does; he never resorted to taking over the world with sheer force alone.

Demiurge is the one bringing this all together. He infiltrates, he stages battles and fights, brought up Momon while also building the legend of a demon, and put piece after piece together all while dealing with Ainz being Ainz. Working around a less intelligent person and taking their word as gospel while still achieving your goals is a fair bit more difficult.

Also, there's thinking what someone is thinking, then there's accurately predicting an entire revelation, line of decision making, and his targets all based on manipulation and predictions.

Extraordinary Genius requires vastly superhuman intelligence, meaning far beyond what any real life human is capable of. I do not think that this quite qualifies.

I felt like I was being generous giving Demiurge Genius-level intellect, as even the leaders of countries wouldn't breach our standards for Gifted intelligence, especially in a medieval/magical setting.

Outsmarting Ainz isn't that much of a feat unless you're talking YGGDRASIL gameplay, as he's quite literally a guy in an office. Momonga isn't even able to figure out what Demiurge and Albedo are thinking even after they state that Aura and co. are missing something.

So "Possibly Genius" or "Likely Genius" then?

I'd say "Likely Genius" from what I'm aware of. I'd like to confer with people more familiar with the Light Novel first though, as there might have been a lot I didn't catch outside of the anime.

Okay, "Likely Genius" should be fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back