• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Exotic Weapons" to use in a story or something...

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Wasn't sure where to put this at but oh well.

Looking up many things for good inspiration on weapon types and what to use, i was wondering what anyone has in mind that could be really exotic or just something bizarrely looking yet not too outright strange to use in combat or even to look at merely so.

Ones that come to mind are Chainsaw swords, which can look like this. And that of a specific characters like this guy who wields something like a...drill sword?

Basically, i was kind of asking if anyone got any good ideas for this here for me? I was also thinking of like Kharn's axe (which technically originally belonged to Angro but that's for another time) due to the razor teeth edges on it's blade and such. Minor ones like perhaps Horus' Talon Claw with Blaster or even more so with DMC's Nero's sword thing with the engine ignitor is okay too but...yeah.

Ah nah, i was thinking design-wise. The powers part of the weapon is more of another part/story to talk about.

Reinhard's isn't really that exotic in terms of design (Edit: By shape, but very much on the color and stuff on it like the red and gold). Well kind of but Ren and Habaki at least wins that factor. Of course in terms of properties, Reinhard beats them pretty well in the long run i believe.

Can stop and travel through time. Can store pretty much everything you needs no matter how big they are (A perfect shopping bag basically). Can also banish you to a nonexistence Multiverse. Most importantly, the exotic and majestic design that matches with the equally majestic wielder. :v

Yeah....definetely much better than the shield from some ancient dude wearing spandex.
Cosplay time shield by jnorad-d5rdmk6
This shield is far more exotic that the one Cap. America has.

Not sure if it counts as "Exotic", but I've always been partial to Scythes. I'm not sure if they'd be very practical in an actual combat scenario but they look cool as hell. The "Maquahuitl"/"Macuahuitl" is one of the coolest exotic weapons though, I think it be really cool to see used in a non-historical setting. Atlatl's look cool, but not sure how practical they'd be in your setting. Same goes for Slings.

For a wtffactor, theirs always the Kpinga. It's exactly what it looks like.

Alright it's been a min so let's see here...

@Fab: Yeah that's a really good looking scythe: Simple here in there but definitely liking the color motif.

@Homu: You could say the same somewhat to Mash's although her's is pretty sturdy and it did managed to remain unscathed from a High 6-A attack....though only just the shield since she died from one of the attacks effect that generated extreme heat to the point of vaporizing her. There's also this guy who has quite a bit of stuff with his shield but especially more towards at the end of his series.

@Dark: I think if wielded right, they could be combat-applicable but i'm not sure of it either.

@Gemmy: Lulz

@Sandman: Ah right, yeah their weapons too that also don't look too bad to use either.

@Cross Mash's shield may be sturdy, but it looks so barbaric with not even the slighest trace of exotic at all. It may be useful against a straight forwards opponent, but against some haxy character out there, the shield is pretty much nothing more than an oversized piece of metal.

@Homu: That's pretty much the point. It's really just simple, looks pretty bulky to carry although Mash gotten used to it during the time she fights with you throughout the main story of FGO, and afaik it just makes strong barriers...though i may be a bit wrong there but for the most part, you're right on that one.

Strong barrier won't do much against some characters in PMMM who can easily bypass them. Oh, one more thing: Homura's shield is also the thing that made her Acausal, allowing her to shrugs of a Multiversal retcon, which included the rewritting of Causality on Multiversal scale.

Basically, not only her shield is so damn exotic, but it is also so damn OP as well.

@Fab: Like Ren with using his HR (Holy Relic)?

@Homu: I was speaking in general, dude. Not specifically, but generally beyond PMMM.

@Katze: Anything that's exotic in terms of design, though i was speaking more of melee weapons but ranged is okay to add too here.

@Katze: Not bad. Looks like something that can be used as an assassination tool at long range.

@Homu: Fair enough.

Okay, let's see: Can bypass pretty much any barries, the arrow can also travels through time and kills your past, can creates duplicates of the user, can also one hit kill you via smithing, Can destroys Concept throughout Multiverse. It also has unique yet exotic design as well, very fitting for a girly girl like Madoka.
Madoka s bow and arrow v3 00 dl by razrrjunko-dbfegic
Pretty exotic, yet OP bow and arrow.

@Fab: Sweet~

@Homu: Girly yet it does exactly the job given the right circumstances~

@Katze: Ahhh. Looks like something that can rip the insides of someone after you stab them deep with it.

I think at this point @All: I may just decide to add that moonblade Weekly showed like that one character and use an axe like in the manner and style of what Kharn and others like him in his verse use.

Other kinds of exotic weapons here, however, can be drawn up in the planning board for later possible uses~

Back